View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:18 am



Reply to topic  [ 5090 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333 ... 340  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3904
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Offer it to Bezel, she's the specialist. First guess is a mana stone, but better make sure it's not some sort of AM grenade before we try and interface with it.


Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:33 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9504
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Offer it to Bezel, she's the specialist. First guess is a mana stone, but better make sure it's not some sort of AM grenade before we try and interface with it.


You hand the stone to Bezel. She takes it, looks at it for a few seconds, and looks back at you blankly.

Or, it looks blank, hard to see through the helmet faceplate.
7419-12-03 Wednesday


Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3904
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Okay, probably mana stones. Let's pocket one for good measure, then move on.

>Check the pods, carefully. Are they light enough to lift? Try not to drag them or make any noise. If they can't be lifted, see how they're activated - A handle on the side, perhaps? Study them carefully.


Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9504
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Okay, probably mana stones. Let's pocket one for good measure, then move on.

>Check the pods, carefully. Are they light enough to lift? Try not to drag them or make any noise. If they can't be lifted, see how they're activated - A handle on the side, perhaps? Study them carefully.


You take the stone back and store it in a belt pouch.

Crouching beside one of the pods, you carefully try to lift it from one end - heavy. You might be able to carry it, but it would be awkward and slow.

After setting the pod down again, you look for a handle, finding a single one nested in a recess on one end. The handle has a thumb switch and a trigger, with the thumb switch having a triangle symbol beside it.

Several spots on the pod are scuffed in areas that are mirrored on both sides.

7419-12-03 Wednesday


Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3904
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>ASL TIME!

>Point at the pod, go *big, expand* like describing a big fish, then point at us, *go in* like diving into a pair of overalls, then walk in place, point towards the door, shoosh sign, BUT, if not shoosh, then fingerguns bang bang.

Okay?


Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9504
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>ASL TIME!

>Point at the pod, go *big, expand* like describing a big fish, then point at us, *go in* like diving into a pair of overalls, then walk in place, point towards the door, shoosh sign, BUT, if not shoosh, then fingerguns bang bang.

Okay?


Bezel points at the blue crate and mock-carries it, freezing mid-carry and looking at you.
7419-12-03 Wednesday


Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3904
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Pause. Thumbs up.

>Help her carry the pods out one by one.


Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9504
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Pause. Thumbs up.

>Help her carry the pods out one by one.


You give her a thumbs up and move to carry a pod.

She remains where she is and points at the blue crate.
7419-12-03 Wednesday


Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:06 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Pause.
Over to a crate, give it a test lift. Any chance of us lifting this unaided?


Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:49 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9504
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Pause.
Over to a crate, give it a test lift. Any chance of us lifting this unaided?


After carefully putting the lid back on the crate, you eperimentally lift it - too heavy to carry alone, but should be okay with two people.

7419-12-03 Wednesday


Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3904
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>OKAY. TIME TO DO THIS. Once we're out of here, Bezel can make some AM wheels for it.

>One, two, lift! Try not to bump into anything, move slowly.


Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9504
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>OKAY. TIME TO DO THIS. Once we're out of here, Bezel can make some AM wheels for it.

>One, two, lift! Try not to bump into anything, move slowly.


Bezel gives you a hand, and the two of you carefully move the crate back to the room you initially entered.

Bezel: "Constructs now?"
7419-12-03 Wednesday


Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3904
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Nod nod. Go back for the constructs, but carefully. Hear for the guards, first.


Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9504
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Nod nod. Go back for the constructs, but carefully. Hear for the guards, first.


The two of you move close to the doorway again, listening for anything unusual.

Indeed, something seems unusual - it sounds like one of the guards is talking to someone on a radio -

Man 1: "...ing here."

Radio: *--~-._~~>-`-.~~~.`_?*

Man 1: "Yeah, it's all quiet. Only a creaky building, y'know how old this place is."

Radio: *._>`-.`->~`-``-.~_?*

Man 1: "Yeah we checked it out, just squeakin' ♥♥♥♥."

Radio: *-.~>`.-`>~_>`-`?*

Man 1: "No."

Radio: *`.`->_`-``>_~`-`-.~`-`.`-~>-`-.`-._>~.`-```-..`.-`*

Man 1: "Alright alright, I got it."

Radio: *~_>-.`-._~~.`-*

Man 1: "Alright.

Okay boys, boss wants us to sweep the building. Says look for anything suspicious, apparently the fog outside is anti-magic or something. There's weird ♥♥♥♥ goin' down."


Man 2: "Bet that noise earlier was somethin' fishy."

Man 1: "I bet you bet that. C'mon, you and me, Gil an' Harvey."


You hear what sounds like metal chairs sliding noisily on the ground.
7419-12-03 Wednesday


Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:09 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Grab a smoke and a flash. Stay out of sight of the hall.
They're in a room with an exit. They're going on patrol. They've been in the building this entire time. If anyone was here, they would've heard it. They're going to go outside.
If they come towards us, pull the pin, wait 2, throw both grenades, wait for the bang, and sprint for the constructs.


Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:08 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5090 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333 ... 340  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CaveCricket48, CrazyMLC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.026s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]