View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:50 am



Reply to topic  [ 6789 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334 ... 453  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4458
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Make sure Bezel is aware of the plan! Lift a grenade, point to it.

"If we go loud, go for the constructs."


Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:47 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10348
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Grab a smoke and a flash. Stay out of sight of the hall.
They're in a room with an exit. They're going on patrol. They've been in the building this entire time. If anyone was here, they would've heard it. They're going to go outside.
If they come towards us, pull the pin, wait 2, throw both grenades, wait for the bang, and sprint for the constructs.

Areku wrote:
>Make sure Bezel is aware of the plan! Lift a grenade, point to it.

"If we go loud, go for the constructs."


Bezel nods, and forms a translucent blue orb in her hand.

You pull out a smoke grenade and a flash bang, stay close to the wall, and wait.

The main room suddenly illuminates, and you hear footsteps heading towards you.

Pulling the pins on both grenades, you wait two seconds and then chuck them out the doorway towards the footsteps, Bezel following up by tossing out the blue orb in the same direction.

"Grenade!"

A desperate scrambling of feet, followed by a bang, a flash, and a hiss.

You rush out of the doorway and see that the smoke hasn't finished streaming out of the can yet. A man, wearing casual clothes you'd expect from Darson, pops up from behind a crate on the far side of the room and fires a pair of shots at you with a handgun, landing one hit that breaks apart against your armor and missing another.

Bezel, who followed you out of the room, returns fire at the man with her SMG, and he drops out of sight. As you scramble over the crates, another man peeks out of the far room with a rifle and fires a pair of shots at Bezel, which seem to be stopped by her armor.

She stands her ground and fires a burst at him, only for the bullets to make hard impact noises as they hit him, the man not even flinching.

The man quickly moves his support hand to the muzzle of his rifle and fires a trio shots - this time, small explosions of shrapnel appear on Bezel's torso, leaving three craters in her armor tinged with blood.

By the time you've finished getting over the crates, Bezel fires another burst at the man and the smoke is finally thick enough to create a concealing screen and Bezel climbs over the crates and crouches by your side.


Man 1: "Man down. Engaging two hostiles minimum in the warehouse, grey armored mages carrying automatics and grenades, going radio silent over and out."


Bezel: "Called Ingret. Keep your head down, they have magic."


Image
7419-12-03 Wednesday


Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:17 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Medium strength flash by the guy. And by that I mean "Bright as ♥♥♥♥, don't light anything on fire".
If that's not effective, then use more mana. Our casting is ♥♥♥♥, but if we can get anything out at all, then we can brute force it to effectiveness.


Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:21 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4458
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>While we do that, reach for the closest construct, try to find its trigger. Unless we activate it fast, we won't get it out of here.


Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:23 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10348
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Medium strength flash by the guy. And by that I mean "Bright as ♥♥♥♥, don't light anything on fire".
If that's not effective, then use more mana. Our casting is ♥♥♥♥, but if we can get anything out at all, then we can brute force it to effectiveness.

Areku wrote:
>While we do that, reach for the closest construct, try to find its trigger. Unless we activate it fast, we won't get it out of here.


You create a powerful flash of light, near where you saw the man that shot Bezel. With the mana from your witch stone, your "medium" strength ends up painting everything on that side of the building a bright white. Luckily, your visor was designed to see perfectly fine among the flashes of bird lasers.

Quickly grasping the handle on the construct, you thumb the switch with the triangle and the machine hums to life. The green surface of the pod separates into a myriad of panels that quickly float towards you and around your body, forming another layer of armor over your existing suit.

A black liquid substance flows through the crevices in the dark green armor that solidifies into some sort of flexible rubber-like material, and even forms gloves on your hands.

Where the pod was is now a rifle of some sort, appearing sleek and futuristic with flat surfaces and a geometric body.

Bezel activates the second construct, and is quickly suited up as well.


Outside, a storm of gunfire rages all around.

Bezel: "Our ride's almost here."
7419-12-03 Wednesday


Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4458
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"What is in the crate? Think we can still get it out if we drop more flashbangs on them?"


Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:55 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"We need to get the crate. I'll flash around outside to distract.
She have our position?"

> Move back to the crate we moved. Hustle. If the guy comes out and shoots at us again, take a warning shot or two in his direction. No idea what this gun can do.
Get the crate outside.
Once we're out, flash out in the air a couple times, in random directions.


Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:00 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10348
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"We need to get the crate. I'll flash around outside to distract.
She have our position?"

> Move back to the crate we moved. Hustle. If the guy comes out and shoots at us again, take a warning shot or two in his direction. No idea what this gun can do.
Get the crate outside.
Once we're out, flash out in the air a couple times, in random directions.


Bezel: "Yeah."

Under the cover of smoke, you run back to the room where you left the crate with Bezel, not taking any fire this time.

With the armor on, you effortlessly lift the crate on your own. Bezel opens the door and the both of you leave, while you create bright flashes around to add additional chaos to the storm of gunfire raging all around.

Soon enough, a massive raven descends from the foggy sky, opening its maw and quickly engulfing you.


~


The two green pods lie nearby against a wall, dormant, while the blue crate is beside you.

Pulling another item from the crate, you unwrap it - another card-like object, with writing on it indicating how much mana it draws and describing the nature of the kinetic barrier it's supposed to create.

You set the card on the table beside you, which has a variety of other guards, gun-like constructs, gauntlets, and mana stones.

Casting a glance at Bezel, you see her topless except for a bra, facing away from you as she removes shrapnel from her body and places it on the piece of fabric on the table beside her.


Luckily, Ingret was able to retrieve the two of you without issue, though she did start quite a racket in doing so.



Bezel: "Those guys don't mess around."
7419-12-03 Wednesday


Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:51 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah. Thank Caelus they weren't kitted out with all this stuff they had in the crates. Have to wonder where they, acquired it all from.
Is your stomach ok?

Ingret, what about you? All in one piece out there?"


Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10348
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah. Thank Caelus they weren't kitted out with all this stuff they had in the crates. Have to wonder where they, acquired it all from.
Is your stomach ok?

Ingret, what about you? All in one piece out there?"


Ingret: "I am fine, no damage taken."

Bezel: "Armor took most of the damage, whatever got through didn't go too deep. Hard to get the fragments out though, they're pieces of high-density rotting HM. Can't use light magic to close the wounds. Could just bandage up and wait for them to rot away, but that'll take a few days judging from how slowly these are shrinking."

7419-12-04 Thursday


Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:56 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"That doesn't sound healthy. Let me take a look, maybe I can get them out."


Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10348
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"That doesn't sound healthy. Let me take a look, maybe I can get them out."


Bezel: "You'll probably have a better view than me."

Walking over to Bezel, she presents her front side to you and you take a look at the wounds.

It doesn't look like much on the surface - three groups of small bloody holes, randing from splinter-sized to pea-sized. A cloth on the nearby table has blood stains and several black fragments that have already been removed, along with several different tweezers and graspers.

When you try to create a light to get a better look at the wounds, you find that there's something disrupting your magic.
7419-12-04 Thursday


Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4458
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Antimagic off, Bez. We're safe now."


Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Damn fragments... Ingret, can you make a directional light for me? Like a flashlight, or a low power spotlight? It's hard to see here."
> If not, make a light a bit away from me, in view of Bezel's wounds.


Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:10 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10348
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Damn fragments... Ingret, can you make a directional light for me? Like a flashlight, or a low power spotlight? It's hard to see here."
> If not, make a light a bit away from me, in view of Bezel's wounds.


Ingret: "Okay. Hold on."

A bang in the ceiling startles you - looking up, a ceiling tile a few feet behind you shakes, and then explodes into a shower of particles and foam shrapnel as a cylindrical spotlight bursts through, rotates on a hinge to point at Bezel's stomach, and then nearly blinds you with just the reflection of the powerful light.

Ingret: "Is that good?"

7419-12-04 Thursday


Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:19 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6789 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334 ... 453  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.024s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]