View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 2191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
>Ponder our findings gravely for a moment. Jealously glance at the HM eaters, frolicking about in the corruption with nary a care.

"...Well, this battle is over. We should head back for the day."

>Back to town!

Wed May 10, 2017 2:53 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Areku wrote:
>Ponder our findings gravely for a moment. Jealously glance at the HM eaters, frolicking about in the corruption with nary a care.

"...Well, this battle is over. We should head back for the day."

>Back to town!

~

Your trio steps through the doorway of the civie house. It's dark inside, though the dining room is lit with a lantern sitting on the table. Carson is there, eating from an MRE package.

Carson: "Welcome back. Dinner?"

Bezel: "Sure."

Claire: "Hm, no gas or electricity. Hey Bezel, maybe you can rig up some construct lights!"

Bezel: "What do we power them with."

Claire: "Uuuuuuh."

You follow the girls up stairs and everyone drops off their equipment in their rooms before heading back down and inspecting the array of army rations. Pretty much "normal" food, you guess.

Carson: "How'd bird-watching go?"

Fri May 12, 2017 4:16 am
Loose Canon

"Well, we're still here, so pretty well I'd say.
Learned a bit about them, especially their suicidal tendencies."

Fri May 12, 2017 4:29 am
Profile WWW

>There's no power, but are the fixtures in good shape? If so:

>Pass Claire the coin.

"Think you can give us some light?"

After HKU's.

Fri May 12, 2017 4:40 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Well, we're still here, so pretty well I'd say.
Learned a bit about them, especially their suicidal tendencies."

Looks like the light fixtures are in good shape, nothing in the house appears to be damaged. You pass the coin to Claire, who takes it.

Areku wrote:
"Think you can give us some light?"

Claire: "Uh, I can try!"

Bezel: "No."

Bezel takes the coin and puts it back in your hand.

Claire: "Ehehehe~"

You grab one of the MREs and start reading the directions - it's a rectangular metal container with a peel-back lid, like a jumbo sardine can. On the bottom is a hollow space with a chunk of solid fuel or something, and a strike-on-anything match with a wax-coated head. Following the directions, you partially open the can, scrape the wax off of the match, and use it to light the fuel. In only a couple of minutes, your meal is hot! And the can, too.

Carson: "Suicidal tendencies? Like, crashing themselves into tanks?"

Claire: "More like, forcing their cores to begin corruption-rotting before they die from their decompressed cores hitting the ground."

Carson: "Sounds like they don't want anyone harvesting their parts."

Claire: "Probably. Just seems too, logical?"

Sun May 14, 2017 5:07 am

"I mean, for all we know, the birds ARE capable of learning. Or maybe it's some sort of, instinctive behaviour? Like putting your hands in front of your face when you trip and fall, except-
Well, with the interests of your species as a whole in mind, rather than your own.

I'm more interested in learning how we'd stop if from happening. Are witches vulnerable to telepathy? We could trick one into believing its core was alone, while we restrain it. Somehow.

Plus, we'd have to down one away from the main group. I doubt even Bezel could maintain haste in the middle of that much corruption."

Sun May 14, 2017 5:14 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Areku wrote:
"I mean, for all we know, the birds ARE capable of learning. Or maybe it's some sort of, instinctive behaviour? Like putting your hands in front of your face when you trip and fall, except-
Well, with the interests of your species as a whole in mind, rather than your own.

I'm more interested in learning how we'd stop if from happening. Are witches vulnerable to telepathy? We could trick one into believing its core was alone, while we restrain it. Somehow.

Plus, we'd have to down one away from the main group. I doubt even Bezel could maintain haste in the middle of that much corruption."

Claire: "Telepathy is pretty useless on witches. Downing a bird away from others doesn't seem too hard, there were plenty in the last battle. Just, they self-destructed."

Sun May 14, 2017 6:15 am

"Claire. How tough are core shells, in your experience? What sort of tools would one need to get in?

Also a, witch's mind is contained in a memory stone, right? Assuming we could either destroy or remove it before it notices us, we could stop the core from corrupting. Or, at the very least, recover an intact spirit.
We might need some of your diagrams. Figure out where exactly the important parts are located, then strike at them.

In general, I'm having my doubts about going for a queen right off the bat. Sure, salvaging a juvenile core would be the ideal outcome, but maybe we should try seeing if we can deal with a fighter first. Where we stand, any sort of mostly-intact core would be a great find."

Sun May 14, 2017 7:09 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Areku wrote:
"Claire. How tough are core shells, in your experience? What sort of tools would one need to get in?

Also a, witch's mind is contained in a memory stone, right? Assuming we could either destroy or remove it before it notices us, we could stop the core from corrupting. Or, at the very least, recover an intact spirit.
We might need some of your diagrams. Figure out where exactly the important parts are located, then strike at them.

In general, I'm having my doubts about going for a queen right off the bat. Sure, salvaging a juvenile core would be the ideal outcome, but maybe we should try seeing if we can deal with a fighter first. Where we stand, any sort of mostly-intact core would be a great find."

Bezel: "Who exactly was thinking about going after a queen 'right off the bat'."

Claire: "The memory stones are usually located, uh, in the center. As for breaching tools, a, cannon?"

Tue May 16, 2017 3:02 am

"Hm. It'd have to be a pretty precise shot. Probably not artillery, either, or the witch would have time to see it coming and corrupt.

Actually- Bezel. How fast can you move during Haste, exactly? We need to have some idea of our effective range."

Tue May 16, 2017 3:07 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Areku wrote:
"Hm. It'd have to be a pretty precise shot. Probably not artillery, either, or the witch would have time to see it coming and corrupt.

Actually- Bezel. How fast can you move during Haste, exactly? We need to have some idea of our effective range."

Bezel: "Artillery units have a muzzle velocity of something like six hundred eighty meters per second. If that's too slow, maybe we could import a Vranhal sniper.

And how fast I move during haste isn't particularly relevant when we're talking about traveling a distance. The more effective it is, the more mana it eats."

Carson: "So, you're a constructor and a light mage?"

Bezel stuffs a spoonful of meat and gravy into her mouth, ignoring the medic.

Carson: "... Uh, *cough* nice weather we're having."

Tue May 16, 2017 3:28 am

>Smile selfconsciously.

"Cloudy with a chance of laserbirds. Could be worse, I suppose!

So uh, Claire, can we get some concrete numbers, then? What sort of mana capacity could we bring to bear?"

Tue May 16, 2017 3:47 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

*shrug*
"We're a lot of things.

Could either of you get a decent reading on how much corruption that one core was emitting while shrinking? Or too much background noise for it."

Tue May 16, 2017 3:56 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

TorrentHKU wrote:
*shrug*
"We're a lot of things.

Could either of you get a decent reading on how much corruption that one core was emitting while shrinking? Or too much background noise for it."

Claire: "Looked like very minimal, or none. Seems like they don't emit corruption unless if they're actually dead."

Bezel: "The data is recorded on the sensors, but I haven't built a machine to extract it yet. Once I do, we can go over and look at things carefully."

Tue May 16, 2017 3:58 am
Loose Canon

"...Hm. Crazy idea.
Remote controlled laser birds? As in, a smarter, more logical intelligence is puppeting the birds. Would explain the tactics, and means the "logical" suicide decision is more of a "disposable" one."

Tue May 16, 2017 4:06 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147  Next