View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 397, 398, 399, 400, 401, 402, 403 ... 419  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
> Nod back, leave for Matilda's warehouse!

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:19 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
Areku wrote:
> Nod back, leave for Matilda's warehouse!

You politely nod back, and then lead the expedition team to Matilda's warehouse.

The doors are already opened, and looking inside, you see the woman at a table, eating some dried meat while looking at a thin slab of wood with writing on it.

Matilda: "Oh, you are back. New people too!"

7419-12-23 Thursday

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:23 am

"Indeed. We've returned with a few goods from our homeland, and would like to know if you're interested in trading for them."

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:06 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Indeed. We've returned with a few goods from our homeland, and would like to know if you're interested in trading for them."

Matilda: "Foreign goods, very interested yes. The machine that your yellow-haired friend brought is very liked, you can trade for good stuff with more things like that."
7419-12-23 Thursday

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:36 am

>Nod, unload a few examples of our goods from Ingret, begin demonstrating.

"HM pots and pans, guaranteed not to break. Sewing machines - you feed thread through here, and spin this wheel either with a crank or a foot pedal, and it'll sew pieces of fabric together. Even more so, there's several patterns of stitches, a built-in cutter for finishing threads... You could make an entire tent in a few hours.

And this - Well, I noticed all your books seemed handwritten. This is what we call a printing press. You arrange these blocks to fill the page however you want to, or make a mold of the illustration you want to print. Then, ink goes into this compartment, and paper here. As you push down, it wipes the liquid across the form, then presses it against the paper. You can repeat this process as many times as you want.
So, if the Priestess wants all templegoers to have a copy of a particular chant, or you want to make standard forms for your bookkeeping logs, that only requires writing it down once, then automatically copying."

>Let the quality of our goods speak for itself. How impressed does she look?

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:51 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
>Nod, unload a few examples of our goods from Ingret, begin demonstrating.

"HM pots and pans, guaranteed not to break. Sewing machines - you feed thread through here, and spin this wheel either with a crank or a foot pedal, and it'll sew pieces of fabric together. Even more so, there's several patterns of stitches, a built-in cutter for finishing threads... You could make an entire tent in a few hours.

And this - Well, I noticed all your books seemed handwritten. This is what we call a printing press. You arrange these blocks to fill the page however you want to, or make a mold of the illustration you want to print. Then, ink goes into this compartment, and paper here. As you push down, it wipes the liquid across the form, then presses it against the paper. You can repeat this process as many times as you want.
So, if the Priestess wants all templegoers to have a copy of a particular chant, or you want to make standard forms for your bookkeeping logs, that only requires writing it down once, then automatically copying."

>Let the quality of our goods speak for itself. How impressed does she look?

Matilda appears to be quite impressed with the sewing machines and the printing press.

Matilda: "I have seen wood-prints, but this, hm. Very easy to change the print. All very good.

Is there something in particular you want? You can ask for almost anything with these items. I am sure there are many who would be interested in these."

7419-12-23 Thursday

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:05 am

"Mostly, we're looking for information. Old maps of the area, copies of historical records, and the like.

We were hoping the book of Raena would explain the origins of the church's relics, but they were conspicuously absent. We're researchers, so we can't miss a chance to learn more about such artifacts."

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:51 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Mostly, we're looking for information. Old maps of the area, copies of historical records, and the like.

We were hoping the book of Raena would explain the origins of the church's relics, but they were conspicuously absent. We're researchers, so we can't miss a chance to learn more about such artifacts."

Matilda: "Absent? What relic are you wondering about?"
7419-12-23 Thursday

Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:01 am

"Well - Mainly, the red stone used for giving aid to Saint Raena."

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:01 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Well - Mainly, the red stone used for giving aid to Saint Raena."

She walks over to a bookshelf, where stacks of thin wooden sheets and piles of scrolls rest. Pulling out a book, which you recognize as the holy book of Saint Raena, she flips through several pages before stopping.

Matilda: "It says here that Caelus guided Saint Raena in finding the Red Vessel, which was concealed somewhere in the western mountains."
7419-12-23 Thursday

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:07 am

"...Oh.

Does it say, where, exactly?"

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:12 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"...Oh.

Does it say, where, exactly?"

Matilda: "No. I do not think Saint Raena was one for cartography, and the journey to the Red Vessel was, long and arduous enough, that I guess memory of the exact location would be difficult."
7419-12-23 Thursday

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:15 am
Loose Canon

"Yeah, I suppose it would be.
Well, the other bit then, the maps and information. I asked Priestess Dion and she said that Raena's knowledge of the area is mostly verbal, not written down anywhere.
I'd be grateful if you could ask around or compile whatever info you can. I'm mostly looking for sites that I could investigate and excavate, ruins and the such. Dion didn't have anything, but I suppose she isn't out in the fields very often and she doesn't know everything."

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:10 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah, I suppose it would be.
Well, the other bit then, the maps and information. I asked Priestess Dion and she said that Raena's knowledge of the area is mostly verbal, not written down anywhere.
I'd be grateful if you could ask around or compile whatever info you can. I'm mostly looking for sites that I could investigate and excavate, ruins and the such. Dion didn't have anything, but I suppose she isn't out in the fields very often and she doesn't know everything."

Matilda: "I can do that, though it will take some time. The explorers and hunters who go into the Lindow would know much, surely they have come across something that would interest you."
7419-12-23 Thursday

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:20 am

"We would be very grateful if you could. And yes, the hunters will probably be our next approach.

Though - I'd also like to peruse what you have for trade. Some core parts or creatures could come in handy."

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 397, 398, 399, 400, 401, 402, 403 ... 419  Next