View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 6272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381 ... 419  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Indeed, safely stored.

Say, Aldente - And I know you can read my mind, so I'll be blunt - What's to say this experiment of yours hasn't really gone rogue, and is in fact another one of your puppet bodies? She did steal enough weaponry to arm a small platoon of aldentes, after all. And, I hadn't told anyone about where I kept my mana stone. You could have used telepathy to scan my thoughts and find that out.

I'd just like to get this squared away. The same skills that make you a valuable ally also make you a bit hard to fully trust."

Aldente's eyes narrow slightly, and her smile broadens.

Aldente: "That's quite the theory, Ralph. Do you really distrust me that much?"

Bezel quietly grabs her top, silencing its movement, and watches Aldente with a neutral expression.
7419-12-13 Monday

Tue May 15, 2018 3:11 pm
Loose Canon

"No, I don't distrust you that much. You're capricious in my eyes and don't hold human lives with a lot of value. But you don't seem malicious.
Quite frankly if you wanted then you could have nearly everyone in the building dancing in the palm of your hand, figuratively and literally. I don't think you're doing that, but I'd be an idiot to discount the possibility when dealing with a powerful telepath. So yeah. I don't trust you, but I don't think you're lying."

Tue May 15, 2018 3:19 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"No, I don't distrust you that much. You're capricious in my eyes and don't hold human lives with a lot of value. But you don't seem malicious.
Quite frankly if you wanted then you could have nearly everyone in the building dancing in the palm of your hand, figuratively and literally. I don't think you're doing that, but I'd be an idiot to discount the possibility when dealing with a powerful telepath. So yeah. I don't trust you, but I don't think you're lying."

Aldente: "Well, I'm glad you believe me. It would certainly be disconcerting if the two of you were responsible for the recent events, wouldn't it?"
7419-12-13 Monday

Tue May 15, 2018 3:41 pm

"At this point, I'm not willing to disregard any possibilities. The thief seemed to know me, and even left a note of apology. I would not be surprised if, in some roundabout way, I ended up causing this."

Tue May 15, 2018 4:35 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"At this point, I'm not willing to disregard any possibilities. The thief seemed to know me, and even left a note of apology. I would not be surprised if, in some roundabout way, I ended up causing this."

Aldente: "I see.

So what will you do now?"

7419-12-13 Monday

Tue May 15, 2018 5:51 pm

"Me? I intend on challlenging you to a dance duel."

>Pirouette, kung fu pose, taunt, wink.

"Shall we?"

Wed May 16, 2018 12:12 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"For now, my actual job. I don't have the freedom to be chasing after magic thieves on weekdays."

Wed May 16, 2018 12:20 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"For now, my actual job. I don't have the freedom to be chasing after magic thieves on weekdays."

Aldente: "Mm. How do you want me to begin searching, then?"
7419-12-13 Monday

Wed May 16, 2018 1:36 am

>Delegate tasks, like the good leader that we are!

"Bezel, you have experience with Haste. Is there some sort of trail, she'd leave behind? Something a skilled telepath could pick up on?"

Wed May 16, 2018 2:29 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
>Delegate tasks, like the good leader that we are!

"Bezel, you have experience with Haste. Is there some sort of trail, she'd leave behind? Something a skilled telepath could pick up on?"

Bezel: "No."
7419-12-13 Monday

Wed May 16, 2018 2:38 am
Loose Canon

"Alright. Well, then the good old fashioned way for now. There was the gun store robbery nearby, you could start there to see if they left any evidence. The police are probably still all over it, but I'm sure you can pursued them. Maybe look around uh, abandoned buildings or warehouses in the city, that's the most likely spot to hole up I would think. See if anyone has seen a girl in green pants and white shirt with pale skin and dark hair, possibly one that looks shifty.
Preferably without probing into the sanctity of random peoples' minds.
Bezel, where's the first place you would think to hide in Darson?"

Wed May 16, 2018 2:46 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Alright. Well, then the good old fashioned way for now. There was the gun store robbery nearby, you could start there to see if they left any evidence. The police are probably still all over it, but I'm sure you can pursued them. Maybe look around uh, abandoned buildings or warehouses in the city, that's the most likely spot to hole up I would think. See if anyone has seen a girl in green pants and white shirt with pale skin and dark hair, possibly one that looks shifty.
Preferably without probing into the sanctity of random peoples' minds.
Bezel, where's the first place you would think to hide in Darson?"

Bezel: "Not sure about any specific places, just, whatever's still in construction or unused at the moment. Plenty of cellars to sneak into, too, but I don't think trespassing to search for the assailant is a good idea."
7419-12-13 Monday

Wed May 16, 2018 3:16 am

"Probably not. Still, best to look at what we can, and be ready for their next move. No one steals an arsenal to hang up on a wall and do nothing."

Wed May 16, 2018 3:46 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Probably not. Still, best to look at what we can, and be ready for their next move. No one steals an arsenal to hang up on a wall and do nothing."

Aldente: "Okay, I'll start looking!"

[That's all for now]
[Other]
7419-12-13 Monday

Wed May 16, 2018 3:58 am

>That's all she wrote.

Wed May 16, 2018 4:01 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381 ... 419  Next