View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 6080 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391 ... 406  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
"In fact I do! The book had many illustrations. Here, let me..."

>Point out the relevant section.

"Note the two-slit mask. The one we encountered was using a human body as a puppet to talk with us, but it wore headgear with the exact same design. That's what made me suspect it was this creature."

Sun May 27, 2018 4:45 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Areku wrote:

"Note the two-slit mask. The one we encountered was using a human body as a puppet to talk with us, but it wore headgear with the exact same design. That's what made me suspect it was this creature."

"I never got a chance to see its body in person. It was, unsurprisingly protective about that."

Sun May 27, 2018 4:46 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:

"I never got a chance to see its body in person. It was, unsurprisingly protective about that."

You walk up to Opera and show her the book, opened to the illustration of the Porcelain Enchantress. She leans over to get a closer look.

Opera: "I have seen this type of creature before. Two, maybe three times. All times they were always at a distance, in a human town or following humans. I do not know what they are."
7419-12-14 Tuesday

Sun May 27, 2018 5:22 am

"The one I spoke to - She said it'd been centuries since she'd seen another of her kind. So, I imagine they're pretty rare, yes.

Apparently, their primary food source is people - Mostly humans, though lupus, chirop and even farm animals will do, if needed. As such, they use telepathy to... Well, help and protect groups of settlers, until the population is stable enough that they can feed regularly. This particular one founded the old city of Aldente - Perhaps you'd heard of it, it was quite a cultural centre before the birds attacked."

Sun May 27, 2018 3:23 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"The one I spoke to - She said it'd been centuries since she'd seen another of her kind. So, I imagine they're pretty rare, yes.

Apparently, their primary food source is people - Mostly humans, though lupus, chirop and even farm animals will do, if needed. As such, they use telepathy to... Well, help and protect groups of settlers, until the population is stable enough that they can feed regularly. This particular one founded the old city of Aldente - Perhaps you'd heard of it, it was quite a cultural centre before the birds attacked."

Opera: "I have heard of it, but never visited the place.

I do not have any information for you concerning the creature - you may have to ask one older."

7419-12-14 Tuesday

Sun May 27, 2018 4:32 pm

"I see. Thank you all the same, it still gave me some insight as to how long it's been since they were last seen.

But - Uhm. If I recall correctly, you were of a very early generation, shortly after Saint Ardour. How would I go about finding someone who's been around for longer?"

Sun May 27, 2018 4:38 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"I see. Thank you all the same, it still gave me some insight as to how long it's been since they were last seen.

But - Uhm. If I recall correctly, you were of a very early generation, shortly after Saint Ardour. How would I go about finding someone who's been around for longer?"

Opera: "I am an eighth generation, with Saint Ardour being the first. There is a second generation still alive somewhere in the northern continent, my progenitor.

It has been too long to know her disposition towards humans, but my children peacefully encounters hers from time to time, so she is likely friendly.

7419-12-14 Tuesday

Sun May 27, 2018 4:45 pm

"Hm. A long ways away, but we have the means to get there. Could I perhaps talk with one of your daughters who's been in such an encounter? Searching would be easier if I had firsthand information on what the second generation's children look like, and where they're likely to appear."

Sun May 27, 2018 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Hm. That's certainly a ways, but maybe I'll end up there at some point. We are more mobile now, with that laserbird child all grown up now.
Do they tend to meet in any general area?"

Sun May 27, 2018 4:52 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. That's certainly a ways, but maybe I'll end up there at some point. We are more mobile now, with that laserbird child all grown up now.
Do they tend to meet in any general area?"

Opera: "I do not believe so. Her children scout the land and gather plants, so I imagine soundheads only meet them by chance when they both are near a town or city."
7419-12-14 Tuesday

Sun May 27, 2018 5:07 pm

"I see. Hmm. Would you be able to tell me what they look like, so that I can keep an eye out during my travels?"

Sun May 27, 2018 8:42 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"I see. Hmm. Would you be able to tell me what they look like, so that I can keep an eye out during my travels?"

Opera: "Human-like, dresses, sunhats, floral decorations."
7419-12-14 Tuesday

Sun May 27, 2018 8:45 pm

"...

I, know someone a lot like that. It's... Almost definitely just a coincidence. Yes. Has to be.

AHEM. Once again, thank you very much for your advice, Lady Opera. I am sorry to bother you so often, but I can't quite help yearning to return to Audacity's lights and sounds. I hope one day I'll be able to repay you."

>Small curtsy. If she excuses us, prepare to leave.

>Still a long shot, but- There ought to be a library in Audacity, too? Maybe we could find an earlier edition of Heldhalm, or perhaps an untranslated Lupus copy, which might have information that got lost over multiple reprintings.

Sun May 27, 2018 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Areku wrote:
"...

I, know someone a lot like that. It's... Almost definitely just a coincidence. Yes. Has to be.

AHEM. Once again, thank you very much for your advice, Lady Opera. I am sorry to bother you so often, but I keep running into questions that it seems no one else has the answer for."

Sun May 27, 2018 9:02 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"...

AHEM. Once again, thank you very much for your advice, Lady Opera. I am sorry to bother you so often, but I keep running into questions that it seems no one else has the answer for."

Opera: "I am happy to share information where I can."

People start to file into the room and seat themselves.

Opera: "I have another class starting soon. If that is all?"
7419-12-14 Tuesday

Sun May 27, 2018 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6080 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391 ... 406  Next