View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:55 am



Reply to topic  [ 6974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288 ... 465  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4522
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Go see Claire! Observe her for a few moments and wait for her to initiate the conversation, so as to not interrupt her as she's focused.


Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:01 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10486
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Go see Claire! Observe her for a few moments and wait for her to initiate the conversation, so as to not interrupt her as she's focused.


You walk over to where Claire's working, being sure to give her a bit of distance while she works.

After she finishes up a sketch, she turns to you.

Claire: ""Hi Ralph. Anything going on?

7419-11-10 Monday


Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:10 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Nah, checkin' in. Talking to Ingret. Talking to you. Thinking about digging constructs.
What about you. Any big progress in the cores?"


Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:50 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10486
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Nah, checkin' in. Talking to Ingret. Talking to you. Thinking about digging constructs.
What about you. Any big progress in the cores?"


Claire: "Not big, but I think I might have an idea on how the exterior shell forms.

There's an organ that creates the growing blobs of HM, and veins that connect the organ to other parts of the core. Several of the veins lead to the exterior shell, ending right behind it. I'm thinking that as the core shrinks, HM is fed mana to grow and form the shell - a new shell is formed below, the original shell then becomes the outer-most shell, and there's stuff sandwiched in the middle. The new outer-most shell and the stuff between the shell walls is what gets destroyed when the core decompresses.

That's the theory, anyways."


7419-11-10 Monday


Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4522
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hmmmm. I wish there was some sort of way to preserve it, so we could at least study it firsthand.

Regarding that central organ - Have you managed to have it produce some HM? It could be a valuable resource, if we could automate its creation."


Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:27 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10486
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Hmmmm. I wish there was some sort of way to preserve it, so we could at least study it firsthand.

Regarding that central organ - Have you managed to have it produce some HM? It could be a valuable resource, if we could automate its creation."


Claire: "If you're referring to the HM-forming organ, would require determining how the organ is controlled and replicating that."
7419-11-10 Monday


Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4522
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"...Have you tried pumping mana into it?"


Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:45 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10486
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"...Have you tried pumping mana into it?"


Claire: "There are already mana veins connected to it. The mana network primarily functions by keeping the veins saturated with mana, and the connected organs open a 'valve' when they need any. Routing mana around the HM-forming organ's valve doesn't make it do anything."
7419-11-10 Monday


Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4522
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Ah.

Hm. But then, there must be some sort of, interface, perhaps? As in, the organ has to receive orders from somewhere-

Heh. Here I go pontificating on topics I know very little about. Sorry. I should leave the core to the core beast specialist."

>Embarrassed grin.


Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:00 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10486
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Ah.

Hm. But then, there must be some sort of, interface, perhaps? As in, the organ has to receive orders from somewhere-

Heh. Here I go pontificating on topics I know very little about. Sorry. I should leave the core to the core beast specialist."

>Embarrassed grin.


Claire: "Mm.

How are the preparations going?"


Well, you have a better map now, and supplies ready to be ordered.

7419-11-10 Monday


Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4522
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Got a reasonably good idea on the geography we'll be encountering, and a rough supply list. About that - Are there any special items you'd need on the trip? The sooner I requisition them, the easier it'll be to get it all ready for when Ingret's grown up enough to fly."


Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:46 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10486
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Got a reasonably good idea on the geography we'll be encountering, and a rough supply list. About that - Are there any special items you'd need on the trip? The sooner I requisition them, the easier it'll be to get it all ready for when Ingret's grown up enough to fly."


She seems confused.

Claire: "... Are you saying I'm going with you guys?"
7419-11-10 Monday


Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4522
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Blink blink.

"Oh. You're not? I thought, since uh, witch queens have a large carrying capacity...

Well. It's, your choice, whether to go or not. UC gives us a lot of autonomy in that regard."

>Look away a bit awkwardly.


Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:28 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10486
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Blink blink.

"Oh. You're not? I thought, since uh, witch queens have a large carrying capacity...

Well. It's, your choice, whether to go or not. UC gives us a lot of autonomy in that regard."

>Look away a bit awkwardly.


Claire: "Someone still needs to watch these cores. That's why I'm here right? Since Bezel's getting sent on these expeditions with you."
7419-11-10 Monday


Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4522
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"...True, yeah.

You know- Since I'm not really sure how long we'll be gone - Would you like, maybe, to go out this weekend? Have lunch somewhere, maybe visit a park... Since, we didn't really get to comemorate your arrival and all.

Plus, uh - I don't want to leave you feeling left out."

> >_> Eyes.


Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288 ... 465  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.024s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]