View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:04 am



Reply to topic  [ 3603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238 ... 241  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3111
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"The growing structures. I expected them to be general-purpose construction materials, but they seem to be created with a previously defined final shape.

Hm. I wonder. Witches grow when their superiors die, don't they? What if, every witch has its final, queen-form structure already prepared, except in alterian form instead of HM? When they want to transform, they just, let it have some mana and transfer over to our world.

I'm probably spouting nonsense, but it's still a possibility.

To be fair, I'd prefer it if they were changeable. There goes my idea of making portable fluffy pillows."


Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8379
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"The growing structures. I expected them to be general-purpose construction materials, but they seem to be created with a previously defined final shape.

Hm. I wonder. Witches grow when their superiors die, don't they? What if, every witch has its final, queen-form structure already prepared, except in alterian form instead of HM? When they want to transform, they just, let it have some mana and transfer over to our world.

I'm probably spouting nonsense, but it's still a possibility.

To be fair, I'd prefer it if they were changeable. There goes my idea of making portable fluffy pillows."


Claire: "What do you mean by changeable? And couldn't you just use a normal construct if you wanted a portable pillow?"


Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3111
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Changeable as in, if it was possible to program them with new forms to grow into.

Also sure, it might be doable with a construct, but- It's not the same thing! It's like comparing lap pillows with those lap replica cushions! The original always beats the imitation!

Just, can you imagine it? Snuggling up with a witch! You've seen Audacity! No one should be denied this glory!"


Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Changeable as in, if it was possible to program them with new forms to grow into.
And you cooould, but where's your sense of adventure!"


Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:43 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8379
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
Areku wrote:
"Changeable as in, if it was possible to program them with new forms to grow into.
And you cooould, but where's your sense of adventure!"


Claire: "Well, I don't know how portable it is if you can't make it smaller again!"



~



The four of you are in an APC again, motorcycle strapped down to the center aisle. A long ride, with nothing but the sound of the armored vehicle's engine roaring, until tank fire sounds out around the area and the APC comes to a halt.

The door drops and everyone quickly runs out, Bezel pushing the motorcycle along.

Like last time, there are a small number of laserbirds compared to the much larger military force. However, instead of taking to the air, the birds seem to be running along the ground, using hills as cover. The only time they seem to expose themselves is to fire off a beam of heat, the smaller ones simply roasting off the camouflage coating of tanks, the larger ones blowing up vehicles or melting a significant portion.

Kalob: "Get to low ground!"

You and the others follow Kalob as he leads your group into a depression, the raised area around providing a barrier.

Claire: "This is a new strategy!"

Bezel: "Hopefully not an effective one. Wonder if more cores will be intact this way, or they'll destroy themselves against the ground when expanding."


Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:35 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Big ones, way worse. Small ones, might be safer.
Maybe they know we're harvesting."


Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:45 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8379
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Big ones, way worse. Small ones, might be safer.
Maybe they know we're harvesting."


Claire: "Hopefully not. Don't know how they'd know."

Bright white lights flash on the horizon and white beams flash overhead in bursts. Bright explosions pepper the area around you, and large fragments of vehicles rain the area and you move to avoid a large piece of twisted metal skidding through the depression.

Bezel: "We need to move further back! We're too close to the front line!"


Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:11 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Move move move ♥♥♥♥.
Make sure nobody falls or gets left behind.


Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8379
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Move move move ♥♥♥♥.
Make sure nobody falls or gets left behind.


Your party runs back, away from the front line as explosions and thermal beams pepper the battlefield, sending sprays of molten earth and clouds of dust in the air.

A tank close to your group fires small pods at the ground that create large clouds of smoke, obscuring the immediate area from view. You jog through the smoke, only seeing several feet in front of you when there's an explosion somewhere behind. Something impacts your shoulder and knocks you down, but a mirror-armored hand grabs yours and pulls you up, running beside you as you make your way out of the smokescreen and to another depression, crouching down for cover.

The person's armor beside you has almost all of the camouflage coating burnt off. They rock back and forth a bit, before slumping forward on the ground.

Chunks of shrapnel are embedded in the back of their armor, with a particularly large shard stuck in their lower back.


Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3111
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Oh ♥♥♥♥. GOT A MAN DOWN HERE!"

>See if they're still conscious. The helmet has an external release button, right? Don't mess with the shard until we know if it's pierced their body or not.


Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:41 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8379
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Oh ♥♥♥♥. GOT A MAN DOWN HERE!"

>See if they're still conscious. The helmet has an external release button, right? Don't mess with the shard until we know if it's pierced their body or not.


You locate the latch to unlock the helmet and carefully pull it off. Long, brunette hair in a messy bun.

Claire.


Quickly looking around from the depression, you can only see the tops of armored vehicles moving about, firing shell after shell at the witches or deploying smokescreens around them.


Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3111
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Claire. Talk to me! Can you walk? We gotta get moving, Claire!"

>Look around for better cover. Is the barrage still going on around us, or can we stay here safely?


Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:49 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8379
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Claire. Talk to me! Can you walk? We gotta get moving, Claire!"

>Look around for better cover. Is the barrage still going on around us, or can we stay here safely?


Her head turns slightly, and you think you see her arm briefly move closer to her side, but she doesn't respond.

The tanks in the immediate area seem to be pushing forward - it should be safe to move further back as they draw the enemy fire away.


Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:56 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Shrapnel in her back. She can't walk like this.
Her arm over the shoulder, put her weight on us. Carry her out of here. Hurry.

"Claire, talk to me, stay with me. What's the biggest core beast you've ever examined?"


Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:01 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3111
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>PUT HER HELMET BACK ON BEFOREHAND! WE DON'T NEED HEAD TRAUMA!


Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:03 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238 ... 241  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.038s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]