View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:26 am



Reply to topic  [ 4249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239 ... 284  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>PUT HER HELMET BACK ON BEFOREHAND! WE DON'T NEED HEAD TRAUMA!

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Shrapnel in her back. She can't walk like this.
Her arm over the shoulder, put her weight on us. Carry her out of here. Hurry.

"Claire, talk to me, stay with me. What's the biggest core beast you've ever examined?"


After putting her helmet back on and getting her arm over your shoulder, you carry her weight as best as you can manage with one good arm. She doesn't respond to your efforts talking, but you can feel her fingers gripping onto your armor.

As you rise out of the depression, you see two other green armored figures not too far away, taking cover behind a different hill. One points to you, and the other waves. The pointing one suddenly vanishes, quickly reappearing on the other side of Claire, placing the other arm over their shoulder.

Bezel: "There's an unmanned APC further back, I think it's still functional! Once we provide first aid we need to get her back to the Salient ASAP!"

The other armored figure at a distance, Kalob, hurries towards you, following behind and constantly looking back. After your group gets over several hills, you spot an APC near a wrecked tank. Shrapnel seems to have gotten a luck, or unlucky shot through the front window. Kalob runs up to the APC and opens the door. He seems to briefly check the driver before carefully lifting them out of the seat and laying them on the ground.

Kalob: "Vehicle looks good!"

You and Bezel set Claire down on the grass, and Bezel holds a hand over the back of Claire's armor, quickly dissolving the AM. Two pieces of shrapnel were able to punch through - a small one in Claire's side, and the other, larger piece, lodged in her back, right over her spine.

Bezel quickly forms AM cushions and wraps around the two fragments, before motioning to move Claire again.

Bezel: "Into the APC."



~



You and Bezel wait in the lobby of the medical ward, now back in Aldente.

When your group reached the Salient, you quickly realized that there wasn't a good enough medical team to help Claire, so you had no choice but to drive all the way back.


Bezel sits beside you in a row of chairs, silently staring at her hands.


Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:41 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"....

She pulled me into cover. An explosion knocked me down, and then she pulled me back up, and got us both to cover, even with the...

...."


Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:47 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"....

She pulled me into cover. An explosion knocked me down, and then she pulled me back up, and got us both to cover, even with the...

...."


Silence fills the room again.



It feels like hours pass before the doors to the operation room open, Melanie walking towards the two of you.

Melanie: "She's stable, but not in the clear. We're having her transferred to Meglunda via train, she needs a properly equipped hospital and better doctors than us. Partially severed spine, high risk of infection.

The train will leave in about an hour."


Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:55 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Will... will she be okay?"


Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:03 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Will... will she be okay?"


Melanie: "She has a good chance of surviving, but most likely paralyzed from the waist down."

A calm, emotionless voice. You find it more chilling than if she sounded upset, but considering her occupation...


Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:06 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"...I see.
Bezel. I'm, gonna go back on the train. She, shouldn't wake up to this alone."


Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:12 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3526
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Ponder heavily.

"...So, it's come to this. Either go back and jeopardize the expedition, or stay and ignore the suffering of a friend. A friend who is only suffering because she tried to help me.

If, if only I could talk to her right now. Or, just- You said her chances are good, but- What if something goes wrong? What if, this is our last chance with her?



Then, HKU's.


Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:15 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Ponder heavily.

"...So, it's come to this. Either go back and jeopardize the expedition, or stay and ignore the suffering of a friend. A friend who is only suffering because she tried to help me.

If, if only I could talk to her right now. Or, just- You said her chances are good, but- What if something goes wrong? What if, this is our last chance with her?"

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Bezel. I'm, gonna go back on the train. She, shouldn't wake up to this alone."


The constructor nods.

Bezel: "She got us this far. It wouldn't be fair to, abandon her.


I'll, continue with the mission."


Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:21 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"...please, don't do anything rash. We got cocky, charged right back in because we succeeded at it one time. This is what happens.
Don't... don't let there be a repeat."


Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:28 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3526
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Serious face.

"Bezel. Promise me this. You, won't take any more risks than strictly necessary. No overconfident blunders like the one I made today.

I know, I'm not much help in a battlefield, but-

Thinking of you out there, amid the artillery, where I can't even be around to lend a hand-

I already hurt one good friend, forever. Please don't make it be two."


Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:30 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Serious face.

"Bezel. Promise me this. You, won't take any more risks than strictly necessary. No overconfident blunders like the one I made today.

I know, I'm not much help in a battlefield, but-

Thinking of you out there, amid the artillery, where I can't even be around to lend a hand-

I already hurt one good friend, forever. Please don't make it be two."


You look at Bezel in the eyes, locking into the gaze that stares right back at you.

Bezel: "I'll be careful. I'll make it back.

I promise."


The two of you are still, before you finally nod.





[Ralph Route]
[Bezel Route]


Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:33 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> DIFFICULT DECISIONS.
But. I think Bezel is better at being Bezel than we are. And right now, she needs to be her most Bezelsome. So, Raph Route.


Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:42 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> DIFFICULT DECISIONS.
But. I think Bezel is better at being Bezel than we are. And right now, she needs to be her most Bezelsome. So, Raph Route.




~



You load the last of Claire's belongings into the train car booth. A luggage of books, and a luggage of the rest of her belongings. Your own items are already all here, including an HM briefcase holding Aldente's research book.

Looking out the window, you see Bezel standing there, looking back.

There's a few minutes until the train leaves.


[Timeskip]
[Other]


Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:37 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Pop out for a second.
"Hey. So...
I'll make sure to send a letter if anything happens, and every so often to keep up to date. Make sure to keep me posted too.
And, uh... Stay safe."
> Weak smile.
"I know how totally helpless you are on your own after all."


Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:37 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Pop out for a second.
"Hey. So...
I'll make sure to send a letter if anything happens, and every so often to keep up to date. Make sure to keep me posted too.
And, uh... Stay safe."
> Weak smile.
"I know how totally helpless you are on your own after all."


She gives you a weak smirk.

Bezel: "Might be a little lost without you.

Though, we haven't been far from each other since we met, huh.


Don't let Claire drink too much, won't be good for her recovery."


Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:40 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239 ... 284  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: maart3n


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.038s | 18 Queries | GZIP : Off ]