View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 4249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240 ... 284  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
"I'll try not to get too lonely.
And yeah, I'll keep an firm eye on it. Won't be good physically OR mentally. Oh, train's ready, gotta go.
See ya in a while, Bez."
> Give her a wave as we hop back on.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:50 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I'll try not to get too lonely.
And yeah, I'll keep an firm eye on it. Won't be good physically OR mentally. Oh, train's ready, gotta go.
See ya in a while, Bez."
> Give her a wave as we hop back on.

She waves back.

Bezel: "See you."

You walk over to your booth and sit. The train horn blows, and gently accelerates forward. Bezel gets smaller and smaller in the dark distant, until finally fading away.

~

A blaring horn sounds loudly, waking you. The train begins to accelerate, now entering Meglunda's station.

Once everything comes to a stop, you look through the window to see a team of hospital staff quickly pace to one of the cars, where wounded soldiers are brought out on wheeled stretchers. Claire is among them, lying still with closed eyes.

As much as you would like to rush out and follow her to the hospital, you have a lot of luggage to move, and only one good arm.

~

With a grunt, you set down your luggage and drop the HM briefcase that was awkwardly held with your left arm against your side, the black faux-leather box landing on the couch cushion with a small bounce.

Pizzi: "Need help unpacking?"

The short, beret-topped soundhead was near Claire's appartment building for whatever reason, and offered you a hand with carrying.

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:34 am

"I think so, if it's not too much trouble. I'd, appreciate the company, too.

This place feels far too large and empty without the girls around."

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:37 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"I think so, if it's not too much trouble. I'd, appreciate the company, too.

This place feels far too large and empty without the girls around."

You guide Pizzi takes Claire's luggages to the appropriate room and she begins unpacking. You begin unpacking your own items.

Pizzi: "Where are they, anyways?"

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:48 am

"Clare's hurt. I, got cocky. Got us too close to the laserbirds, and she took a hit protecting me.

Chances are, she... Won't be able to walk again. I had to come back, bring her to the hospital. Do my best to take care of her.

Bezel stayed on the frontlines, to get the research done. She's... Dedicated to our cause, I'll tell you that.
Still, we'd been together for so long. I feel, a bit lost.

Sorry for bothering you with my problems. Life's not been too kind."

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:16 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Clare's hurt. I, got cocky. Got us too close to the laserbirds, and she took a hit protecting me.

Chances are, she... Won't be able to walk again. I had to come back, bring her to the hospital. Do my best to take care of her.

Bezel stayed on the frontlines, to get the research done. She's... Dedicated to our cause, I'll tell you that.
Still, we'd been together for so long. I feel, a bit lost.

Sorry for bothering you with my problems. Life's not been too kind."

Pizzi: "Oh. It's - I don't mind, being bothered."

The two of you work on finishing up the unpacking, leaving the doors open to talk.

Pizzi: "I had a good human friend. We were together for a while. But, he got old. Passed away.

Still sad that he's gone, but I'm happy that we had fun together. Claire is still around, there's still time to spend with her."

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:26 am

"That's true. Still, it's... Going to be hard, for her. She won't be able to get around, or work, or even use the bathroom on her own. She was always so- lively, and active. I-

Sigh. I wonder if I would feel better if it had been me who was hit by that shrapnel, and not her. Probably not, but still... I wonder.

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been around? I, still can't quite wrap my head around Soundheads being so long-lived. You look so youthful, and full of life."

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:38 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Areku wrote:
"That's true. Still, it's... Going to be hard, for her. She won't be able to get around, or work, or even sit up on a bed on her own. She was always so- lively, and active. I-

Sigh. I wonder if I would feel better if it had been me who was hit by that shrapnel, and not her. Probably not, but still... I wonder.

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been around? I, still can't quite wrap my head around Soundheads being so long-lived. You look so youthful, and full of life."

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:34 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
Areku wrote:
"That's true. Still, it's... Going to be hard, for her. She won't be able to get around, or work, or even sit up on a bed on her own. She was always so- lively, and active. I-

Pizzi: "I remember being a child, fifty or something years before the War of Blades. I'm not very old for a Soundhead.

Maybe you can find a good Whitehawk division. The one in Niir isn't that great, but there's probably a good one in the Second's territory."

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:21 pm

"I was thinking of that, too. We intend to go North eventually, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to reach the Second's territory.

Still, it all depends on what Claire wants. This whole mess stems from me trying to make decisions for the rest of the group."

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"That's...
That's true. The magic really can work miracles.
...though, this is a fantastically bad time for a cross country journey for a healer. I'm not sure how long it would be before an opportunity to appears."

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:38 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"That's...
That's true. The magic really can work miracles.
...though, this is a fantastically bad time for a cross country journey for a healer. I'm not sure how long it would be before an opportunity to appears."

Pizzi: "Could try to talk with them about a plan, when everyone's back together."

The two of you finish unpacking . It's about noon by now.

Pizzi: "I'm gonna head out now, gonna check out the local gun show."

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:57 pm
Loose Canon

"Ok. Thanks for helping me unpack."
> Well, we're unpacked. Next step is pretty obvious I think.
Go check on Claire.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:33 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Ok. Thanks for helping me unpack."
> Well, we're unpacked. Next step is pretty obvious I think.
Go check on Claire.

Pizzi: "Try not to be too down on yourself. Look forward, not back."

Pizzi leaves the condo, with an old, heavy submachine gun slung at her back.

After sitting quiet for a minute, you get up and head to the hospital.

~

Standing in front of the door to Claire's room, you lightly knock. There isn't a response after several seconds, so you quietly open the door and step inside.

A dark room, dimly lit from the light streaming through the openings in the curtains. Claire is lying in her hospital bed, an IV in her arm and a band around her wrist that connects to a monitor of some sorts nearby. A graph showing some sort of frequency constantly pulses, displaying her heart rate.

Her eyes are closed, chest gently rising and dropping as she breaths. With her backside hidden against the bed, there's no indication of the grievous injury received.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:12 am

>Sit by the bed, make sure nothing seems wrong. Keep watch, but don't intrude.

>The chances she'll need us are slim. But, if she does, we'll be there for her.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:20 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240 ... 284  Next