View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:05 pm



Reply to topic  [ 3907 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235 ... 261  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah, I'll go. Still have an interest in those HM eaters."


Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8671
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah, I'll go. Still have an interest in those HM eaters."


Claire: "We'll leave in a few hours, then.

We'll probably be gone before Melanie and Carson get back."


Kalob: "I'll let them know you're headed back to Meglunda for a bit."

You could probably drop your rifle back off at Claire's condo, since you don't think you'll be needing it for a while.

[Timeskip]
[Other]


Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3371
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>TIMESKIP! Time for some quality time with our good friend Claire!


Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Sure, bring the rifle. Might as well drop it off since we probably won't be roughing it in the woods.


Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8671
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Sure, bring the rifle. Might as well drop it off since we probably won't be roughing it in the woods.






~





After a quick stop by Claire's condo to drop off some stuff (like your rifle), the three of you head over to the warehouse.

It's dark by now, and the streets around the warehouse are lit by electric lamps. The guards at the fence welcome the three of you back before letting you through.


Claire fishes through her pockets for a key, and opens the door to the warehouse. It's dark inside, and she quickly slams the door back closed with a yelp.


Claire: "One of the uh, HM eaters escaped from a jar and, grew big."


Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3371
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"...Maybe I shouldn't have left my rifle at home.

Uh. How big are we speaking? Also, I hope there hasn't been much damage to the collection."


Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:57 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8671
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"...Maybe I shouldn't have left my rifle at home.

Uh. How big are we speaking? Also, I hope there hasn't been much damage to the collection."


Claire: "Only saw a silhouette, looked like an adult though. Hopefully the vault is intact.

Guess, we should contact the military?"


Bezel: "Probably."



A few minutes later, the back sliding doors of the warehouse are carefully opened, and several soldiers carefully lure a fully-grown HM eater out with using a large chunk of corrupted AM that Bezel provided.

They drive off a truck towards the edge of town with the HM eater following, flanked by more soldiers and vehicles.



Flicking the lights on in the warehouse, the three of you head and and take a look around. On the shelf where the HM eater babies were kept in jars, one jar seems to be missing, and glass shards littering the ground. The floor of the warehouse is completely void of core parts, with only safety cones and hazard tape indicating where they used to be.

The vault itself looks to be untouched.


Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3371
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Well damn. Seems like a better storage system for HM eaters is in order, if a single one could empty the whole warehouse. I doubt the higher ups will be happy about this...

Should we check the vault?"


Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8671
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Well damn. Seems like a better storage system for HM eaters is in order, if a single one could empty the whole warehouse. I doubt the higher ups will be happy about this...

Should we check the vault?"


Claire: "All the pieces out here were rotting away anyways, and I already recorded most of the useful information about them. Not a whole lot was lost."

Claire carefully tips the jar shelf over so it's lying on its back and adjusting all of the HM eater jaws before fetching a broom and dustpan to clean up the glass.



The three of you head over to the vault, and Claire works the large dial and quickly unlocks it with a muted click.

Pulling open the heavy door, the interior is covered with a grey carpet-like padding. Shelves line the walls with a wide array of HM, some looking like gemstones, others like glassy organs.

Bezel: "That's a lot."

Claire: "The gemstone ones are mana stones, the others are parts of other things. Partial focuses, other stuff that isn't basic HM. Take whatever you need, since you'll be helping us get new parts too~!"

Bezel: "If you say so."

Bezel creates a large HM briefcase and starts stashing stones.

Bezel: "The next train is at six in the morning. Any nightly plans?"


Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3371
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Wry smile.

"Why, you had something in mind? Don't forget Claire is with us~"


Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:50 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Wry smile.

"Why, you had something in mind? Don't forget Claire is with us~"


"I got nothing. Wonder if Audacity is still around."


Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:59 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8671
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
Areku wrote:
>Wry smile.

"Why, you had something in mind? Don't forget Claire is with us~"


"I got nothing. Wonder if Audacity is still around."


Bezel: "Dunno. Probably not best to visit them right now, considering how much they drag you into their parties."





~





You look around the former battlefield - all of the witch cores that used to be here are now gone, with the only indication that they were here are the numerous craters scarring the land.

The four of you are back in the Salient, the far-reaching position the military is holding to create another line of static AA defenses. Now that your party has the necessary data to know which cores can be approached, and Bezel has the mana to Haste over to one in relative safety, it's just a matter of collecting witch components for practice, and hopefully getting a lucky shot at landing a queen.

Claire walks over to you, wearing her heat-reflective armor sans the helmet. Bezel made a few modifications to make it more comfortable for extended use, like better ventilation and a mana-powered cooling system.

Claire: "The military is sending out an assault force to drive away a small group of birds to the south west, since they don't want them sitting there and growing their numbers. We can go with them for some practice core-part grabbing, or just sit here."

Kalob: "Not sure if I want to go that far, being away from the bulk of the military forces."

Bezel: "If it's just a small group, it could be a quick strike. More likely to only knock a handful of them down and make the rest flee. Safer to collect parts."


Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:14 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"A smaller group, and smaller cores, would be good practice."


Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:16 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8671
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"A smaller group, and smaller cores, would be good practice."


Bezel: "And I could use as much practice as I can get."

Kalob: "I guess if it's just a small group, it isn't that dangerous..."





You hold on to the handholds as the APC shakes, bounding over hills and rapidly climbing out of ditches. Unlike the previous trips, the center aisle of the APC's troop bay has a motorcycle strapped down.

A jarring deceleration makes your stomach roll and the driver yells back to you.

Soldier: "Here we are!"

The rear gate drops and your 4-man team piles out, Bezel unlatching the bike and pushing it along as she exits. With your sensor at the ready, you watch the skies. Only twenty or so birds are in the air, versus the sixty military assault vehicles.

Bezel modified everyone's sensors again, this time implementing an indication on whether or not cores will make it to the ground without initiating corruption, based on their size and altitude.

The military's tanks are already unloading on the birds, and black cores appear in the sky with concussive force like popcorn in a pan.

A tone from everyone's sensor sounds out, indicating the presence of an approachable core.

Claire: "There's one!"

Bezel: "I see it!"

You track the core falling from the sky, appearing as a blip on the screen of your sensor. Bezel's motorcycle revs as she prepares herself, an empty backpack on her back, and underneath it the bulky compartment on her armor holding the witch mana stones.



The moment the core hits the ground, a blast of air and an explosive, mechanical roar blasts through the air around you. A large, circular hole in the core suddenly appears, and Bezel sitting on top of her motorcycle are now somehow facing backwards.

Her backpack is now completely full.

Bezel: "Success!"


Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:16 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Look at the core. Now back to Bezel. Now back at the core. Now back to Bezel.
"Are you sure you're not some long lost fourth daughter of Caelus or something? I'm pretty sure they make religions out of ♥♥♥♥ like this. At bare minimum legends.
'Bezel, the Core Pilferer.'
So what'd you get?"


Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:24 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3907 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235 ... 261  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.029s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]