View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 141  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
I saw great potential for harm in that one

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:58 pm
Loose Canon

It'd be harmless if we'd known her for more than 24 hours, weren't living in the same house, and we knew she was ok with it. None of those are true.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

TorrentHKU wrote:
Areku wrote:
"Still, it's breathtaking. Uhm. Sorry for rambling, I- when I witness something so beautiful, I find it hard to look away."

>Let my gaze linger on her for a moment, then blush and look down when she realises it.

I wish I could scribble over this but PHPBB doesn't support that.

"How do we have these diagrams then? From other researchers who have seen it?"

Claire: "Piecing together all the parts like a giant jigsaw puzzle. Early on, the military mostly brought back the parts of the cores that weren't mechanisms, things that are more structural. Giant rock-things, walkways, chunks of garden. A lot of them were from the same cores, so it just took some work to piece them into a bigger picture. After that, I started requesting specific parts.

The tree-structure is from photographs that some of the soldiers took, I've never actually seen one in person. A few lucky cores that are broken into enough pieces so the corruption isn't as aggressive, but intact enough to see where the tree is and take a picture."

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:42 pm
Loose Canon

"Wow, so these are all you? Impressive.
What do you think the tree is for? Reproduction related maybe?"

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:53 pm
Profile WWW

"Or maybe it produces something?"
After Torrent's.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:55 am

TorrentHKU wrote:
"

"Why do you think they look like this? Is there some sort of biological function to it all? I-I mean... They're all birds, right? But that town, its proportions...

It looks so human."

Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:52 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Areku wrote:
TorrentHKU wrote:
"

"Why do you think they look like this? Is there some sort of biological function to it all? I-I mean... They're all birds, right? But that town, its proportions...

It looks so human."

Claire: "Dunno if I'd describe as human, it has a very artsy, garden look to it. Maybe more lupus? Ruhe-ish.

Function-wise, the surface serves as the nest for young witchlings if or when the witch becomes a queen. Maybe it resembles some place far to the south, some place that they like."

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:28 am

"You mean... They hold their memories close to their hearts, quite literally."

>Long pause.

"Why are we at war, again? Why do they keep attacking? How can something capable of such beauty not be willing to parley? What do they gain from throwing themselves at our guns again and again, risking the lives of their queens and young? It doesn't make sense!"

The historian within bristles at the constant loss of intricate architecture, it seems.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:33 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Dammit. That bothers me. These damn doves make these beautiful cities, or, cores, or, whatever you want to call them. Maybe even on accident, they don't even think when doing it, it just happens. But they make these wonderful things and then oops, they're one step above feral. Just come rushing at every settlement they can find and try to raze it to the ground. Such a waste.
How did this all start anyway? What prompted them to start trying to stamp out every non-bird they could find?"

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Dammit. That bothers me. These damn doves make these beautiful cities, or, cores, or, whatever you want to call them. Maybe even on accident, they don't even think when doing it, it just happens. But they make these wonderful things and then oops, they're one step above feral. Just come rushing at every settlement they can find and try to raze it to the ground. Such a waste.
How did this all start anyway? What prompted them to start trying to stamp out every non-bird they could find?"

She shrugs again.

Claire: "After the fall of the Daeli, they just sort of appeared in the far south, attacking towns and cities. No one really knows why."

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:05 pm

>But where were they before that...or did the fall of Daeli make something...happen?

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:19 am
Loose Canon

"*sigh*
Stupid things. Well, maybe we can find out why with this crazy plan. Or at least get an idea.
...The infants grow in pods? Like fruit or something? How did you find out that tidbit?"

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:54 am
Profile WWW

>Make a mental note to ask bezel for long-ranged audio sensors as well. It might be worth it to see if we can pick up any sort of communication between witches.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:23 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Areku wrote:
>Make a mental note to ask bezel for long-ranged audio sensors as well. It might be worth it to see if we can pick up any sort of communication between witches.

Mental note made! Hopefully you remember it.

TorrentHKU wrote:
"*sigh*
Stupid things. Well, maybe we can find out why with this crazy plan. Or at least get an idea.
...The infants grow in pods? Like fruit or something? How did you find out that tidbit?"

Claire: "A mix of old notes from past core analysts, and observations from soldiers out in the field. It's written that witch queens keep the infant cores somewhere near the center.

The soldiers reported that in rotting queen cores, after enough time passes, pod-like structures in or around the central tree explode like popcorn, large masses suddenly 'popping' out of the pods and flying off somewhere from the force of expansion. Recovery of these pods show that they're indeed witch cores, fairly small ones, though they always end up dead and rotting when the soldiers check the few that make it out of the queen's giant core."

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:59 am

"Well, at least now Bezel knows where to look. The... Center of it all.

What kind of weaponry should we expect from the witches? Just... Firing energy beams, or do they have some other kind of magic at their disposal?"

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 141  Next