View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:21 am



Reply to topic  [ 6735 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387 ... 449  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"I dig the shirt.

Simple stir fry. Grubs, tomatos, carrots, green beans. Wish I had noodles, would've made it perfect.
Bon appetit!"
> Try a bit to make sure it's good.


Mon May 21, 2018 3:33 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10318
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"I dig the shirt.

Simple stir fry. Grubs, tomatos, carrots, green beans. Wish I had noodles, would've made it perfect.
Bon appetit!"
> Try a bit to make sure it's good.


You try a bite, and it tastes pretty decent!

Bezel makes herself an HM plate and transfers one of the lettuce wraps(?) over and takes a bite.

Bezel: "Mm.

How'd dinner with Aldente go?"

7419-12-13 Monday


Mon May 21, 2018 3:45 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Pretty well.
Was kind of afraid it was going to devolve into some giant argument about giant-monster morality, or something, but mostly just talked about her past and what she's gonna do now.
Near the end she said she found our thief in a shed on the water's edge, she felt Aldente coming and bolted though. Apparently a wide area low intensity Haste can be used as A-M.
Anyway, there were the same clothes in there with some bloodstains on them, so I guess Valerie had good aim."


Mon May 21, 2018 3:48 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10318
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Pretty well.
Was kind of afraid it was going to devolve into some giant argument about giant-monster morality, or something, but mostly just talked about her past and what she's gonna do now.
Near the end she said she found our thief in a shed on the water's edge, she felt Aldente coming and bolted though. Apparently a wide area low intensity Haste can be used as A-M.
Anyway, there were the same clothes in there with some bloodstains on them, so I guess Valerie had good aim."


Bezel: "What did she say about her past? And what does she intent do do now?"
7419-12-13 Monday


Mon May 21, 2018 3:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4436
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Well. She seemed a bit reluctant to discuss her true form, or her origin, but at least I found out why she took the old city's name for herself.

Apparently, she kind of founded the place, or at least used her powers to convince her followers to do so. Says she uh, eats people mostly, so it was beneficial for her to have a healthy population nearby. Villages at first, which she'd protect from the core beasts, then larger towns, and finally Aldente. All serving her without really realizing it, and being raised almost as cattle.

Though... She did seem to have a fondness for observing human behavior, though on a longer timescale. Like an ant farm, maybe, in which only the health of the colony as a whole worries her.

Makes you think how old she really is. Kinda scary.


As to her future... she seems to have been out of the loop for a while, and was very interested in learning about the brigands to the North and the cannonade witches, for example. She seemed pretty certain the witches would win the war, and said she'd probably hide somewhere and make more Dolls to play around with and keep her company.

I suggested she could move North and start a new town near the coast, where there's enough beasts to warrant the presence of an overseer like her. Don't know if it'll happen, but the idea seemed to interest her.

Huh. Now that I remember it, she didn't mention looking for the rest of her kind. Did she change her mind, or...?"


Mon May 21, 2018 3:55 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10318
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Well. She seemed a bit reluctant to discuss her true form, or her origin, but at least I found out why she took the old city's name for herself.

Apparently, she kind of founded the place, or at least used her powers to convince her followers to do so. Says she uh, eats people mostly, so it was beneficial for her to have a healthy population nearby. Villages at first, which she'd protect from the core beasts, then larger towns, and finally Aldente. All serving her without really realizing it, and being raised almost as cattle.

Though... She did seem to have a fondness for observing human behavior, though on a longer timescale. Like an ant farm, maybe, in which only the health of the colony as a whole worries her.

Makes you think how old she really is. Kinda scary.


As to her future... she seems to have been out of the loop for a while, and was very interested in learning about the brigands to the North and the cannonade witches, for example. She seemed pretty certain the witches would win the war, and said she'd probably hide somewhere and make more Dolls to play around with and keep her company.

I suggested she could move North and start a new town near the coast, where there's enough beasts to warrant the presence of an overseer like her. Don't know if it'll happen, but the idea seemed to interest her.

Huh. Now that I remember it, she didn't mention looking for the rest of her kind. Did she change her mind, or...?"


Bezel: "I wonder if her kind are responsible for ghost records."


Ghost records - letters, paperwork, pictures and the like on a person suggesting they existed, but no one seems to know of the person, even people that should be related to them.


Bezel: "The more ghost records a place has, the higher chance of one of her kind being there, maybe?"
7419-12-13 Monday


Mon May 21, 2018 4:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4436
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"That would make sense. She mentioned preferring to consume critically ill or wounded people, so that she wouldn't need to use her powers to cover up their deaths, but other harvesters might have no such compunctions."


Mon May 21, 2018 4:36 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10318
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"That would make sense. She mentioned preferring to consume critically ill or wounded people, so that she wouldn't need to use her powers to cover up their deaths, but other harvesters might have no such compunctions."


Bezel: "Did Aldente get a good look at the thief?"
7419-12-13 Monday


Tue May 22, 2018 12:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4436
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"No. As soon as she made telepathic contact, the thief hasted away. Wasn't even in the same building."


Tue May 22, 2018 12:28 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10318
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"No. As soon as she made telepathic contact, the thief hasted away. Wasn't even in the same building."


Bezel: "I wonder what the thief's objective is. Why did they take so many guns?"
7419-12-13 Monday


Tue May 22, 2018 2:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4436
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Equipping a small army, I'd wager. Either it's got friends from before being turned into a doll, or it can replicate itself like Aldente.

At any rate, I don't expect it to be peaceful reasons. She did show, a preference for avoiding conflict, but that doesn't mean she's not on a vendetta against a certain person or group."


Tue May 22, 2018 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10318
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Equipping a small army, I'd wager. Either it's got friends from before being turned into a doll, or it can replicate itself like Aldente.

At any rate, I don't expect it to be peaceful reasons. She did show, a preference for avoiding conflict, but that doesn't mean she's not on a vendetta against a certain person or group."


Bezel: "We should probably ask how Aldente 'replicates'. All of her dolls looked like humans or modified humans, but we don't know what her actual form is.

Is it posible that she's some sort of witch variant?

Though, it wouldn't make sense how spirit machinery designed to operate on humans would do her any good, if that's the case."

7419-12-13 Monday


Tue May 22, 2018 7:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4436
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"No, I don't think she's a witch. She eats meat, but I'm pretty sure she requires spirits to draw mana from, somehow. Hmmm.

Her book mentioned growing human females from her own body, but they didn't look... Right. Not enough to pass for a person close up, at least. The toothdoll, for example. Explains the masks, the obscuring clothes. When she appeared inside my mind, she looked like a normal, brown-haired girl, but I think that was just an illusion.

Except - You saw her new body, and I spent most of the evening looking her in the face. She's a copy of Claire, all right, even if a bit watered-down. Maybe she, turned a human body into a new puppet? We know she has some sort of bio magic capabilities, and she wouldn't even need direct magic for it - Strip the spirit down to its bare minimum, operate, then rebuild from stored components.

Hm. That mask of hers. I feel-"

>Epiphany!

"I forgot to mention this to you. Back when Claire was at the hospital, we were researching core beasts with strong telepathical abilities. We found this thing in an old storybook, called a porcelain enchantress. Big doll-shaped creature with a hard carapace, mindcontrolled people to do her will, built a mansion for itself. Then the hero (a lupus) comes over, being somehow immune to her powers, and stabs her to death.

We thought it could be a coincidence at first - even with the mansion we found in the woods, the 'doll' aspect - Since, the story took place in the far north, and there were no mentions of it anywhere else, and it was quite uh, poetic and vague with its descriptions. But.

The one thing it had plenty of, were illustrations. And the thing's face - It looked exactly like Aldente's mask."


Tue May 22, 2018 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10318
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"No, I don't think she's a witch. She eats meat, but I'm pretty sure she requires spirits to draw mana from, somehow. Hmmm.

Her book mentioned growing human females from her own body, but they didn't look... Right. Not enough to pass for a person close up, at least. The toothdoll, for example. Explains the masks, the obscuring clothes. When she appeared inside my mind, she looked like a normal, brown-haired girl, but I think that was just an illusion.

Except - You saw her new body, and I spent most of the evening looking her in the face. She's a copy of Claire, all right, even if a bit watered-down. Maybe she, turned a human body into a new puppet? We know she has some sort of bio magic capabilities, and she wouldn't even need direct magic for it - Strip the spirit down to its bare minimum, operate, then rebuild from stored components.

Hm. That mask of hers. I feel-"

>Epiphany!

"I forgot to mention this to you. Back when Claire was at the hospital, we were researching core beasts with strong telepathical abilities. We found this thing in an old storybook, called a porcelain enchantress. Big doll-shaped creature with a hard carapace, mindcontrolled people to do her will, built a mansion for itself. Then the hero (a lupus) comes over, being somehow immune to her powers, and stabs her to death.

We thought it could be a coincidence at first - even with the mansion we found in the woods, the 'doll' aspect - Since, the story took place in the far north, and there were no mentions of it anywhere else, and it was quite uh, poetic and vague with its descriptions. But.

The one thing it had plenty of, were illustrations. And the thing's face - It looked exactly like Aldente's mask."


Bezel: "Do you remember the book? If we could show the pictures to Opera, I wonder if she'd recognize it."
7419-12-13 Monday


Tue May 22, 2018 8:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4436
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yes, it was... Hel... Held-halm? Heldhalm, I think. Old lupus tale, but there's apparently a lot of reprintings in english."


Tue May 22, 2018 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6735 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387 ... 449  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.025s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]