View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:25 am



Reply to topic  [ 6089 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315 ... 406  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9985
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"...Damn, fifty thousand. Things must've been rough.

Well, there's still no avoiding it. We're exploring the old prison anyways, it's what we came here to do. Thanks a lot for the information, Marcus. We'll let you know if we find anything interesting."


Marcus: "Aight. Just watch yourself."


[Back to the facility]
[Other]
7419-12-02 Tuesday


Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4183
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>To the facility! DISCOVERIES AWAIT!


Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:11 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9985
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>To the facility! DISCOVERIES AWAIT!


Your group heads back to the facility. It looks the same as yesterday, and Ingret doesn't seem to see anything yet.

Mikail: "Are we going to inspect the lower levels now?"
7419-12-02 Tuesday


Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4183
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah. Slowly, though. Let's stick together and be thorough. If anyone sees anything suspicious, let the others know as soon as possible.

Bezel, keep scanning for telepathy signals. This could be trapped like Aldente's hideout."


Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:56 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Yeah. Slowly, though. Let's stick together and be thorough. If anyone sees anything suspicious, let the others know as soon as possible.

Bezel, keep scanning for telepathy signals. This could be trapped like Aldente's hideout."

"And everyone keep your eyes peeled. There's a something here that's either concrete colored, or can change colors.
Also, so you know, if we get in a fight I can do simple but strong fire and light magic. Watch your eyes, it could blind you easily in this darkness."
> Head in, beeline for the lower levels where they kept the machines. Keep our light active, and be ready to turn it into an attack flash at any time.


Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:22 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9985
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
Areku wrote:
"Yeah. Slowly, though. Let's stick together and be thorough. If anyone sees anything suspicious, let the others know as soon as possible.

Bezel, keep scanning for telepathy signals. This could be trapped like Aldente's hideout."

"And everyone keep your eyes peeled. There's a something here that's either concrete colored, or can change colors.
Also, so you know, if we get in a fight I can do simple but strong fire and light magic. Watch your eyes, it could blind you easily in this darkness."
> Head in, beeline for the lower levels where they kept the machines. Keep our light active, and be ready to turn it into an attack flash at any time.


Jeog: "Understood."

You, Bezel, and Sonja create lights, the latter being fire-based, and lead the party into the buildings again. A heavy door leading to the sublevels is quickly located, with the lock already broken. Pushing through the door, you descend down the stairs one level, open another door, and step into a dark hallway.

A foul smell seems to hang in the air, like feces.

Doors lead to separate rooms, each containing a machine of some sort. One of the rooms is significantly larger, and has shelves full of foot-long canisters.


[Search machines]
[Search canisters]
[Other]
7419-12-02 Tuesday


Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:52 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Machines.
The canisters may have a babymaker, but we're here for Aldente right now. Also if we find a canister we should take, we don't want to lug it around excessively.


Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:55 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9985
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Machines.
The canisters may have a babymaker, but we're here for Aldente right now. Also if we find a canister we should take, we don't want to lug it around excessively.


You check room after room, searching for a machine that would be helpful to Aldente. Boxy shapes, mana lines, control panels, and numerous long-dead corruption sources, all performing some task relevant to spirit alteration.

Leaving the last room, you walk over to the next door and open it up.

Unlike the relatively clean floors of the others, this one has large piles of clothes everywhere, and smells strongly of sweat and waste.

Bezel: "I don't think this was sitting around since the shelling."
7419-12-02 Tuesday


Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4183
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"...At least there's no corpses this time. Yet.

So. We're either dealing, at best, with some sort of clothes-hoarding squatter, or at worst, with some sort of spiritless, maneating escaped experiment. I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Stay vigilant, everyone."

>Ask Bezel for an AM rod, use it to poke about the piles, search for human bones and skulls. Afterwards, continue exploring. If we finish this section, double back and check the canisters.


Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:00 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9985
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"...At least there's no corpses this time. Yet.

So. We're either dealing, at best, with some sort of clothes-hoarding squatter, or at worst, with some sort of spiritless, maneating escaped experiment. I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Stay vigilant, everyone."

>Ask Bezel for an AM rod, use it to poke about the piles, search for human bones and skulls. Afterwards, continue exploring. If we finish this section, double back and check the canisters.


After getting an HM pole from Bezel, you use it to poke around the clothing a bit. No bones or anything else unusual is uncovered, so you resume searching the other rooms.

More piles of clothing, another one with piles actual bones which unnerves everyone.

In a clear room, the machinery in this one looks different from the ones you've seen in the papers. You, Bezel, and Mikail head in, while the other three watch the entrance and hall.

Bezel looks over the machine, while you and Mikail check the cabinets and look through some of the papers.

Bezel: "Looks like there's two slots for canisters."

Looking through some papers you found, it seems that this machine is for reconnecting a spirit to an SBC, or moving a spirit from one SBC to another.
7419-12-02 Tuesday


Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:46 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Sounds like a winner, lucky us."
> Is it stuck to the ground or connected with many cables to anything?


Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4183
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Also, make sure to look around the room, before messing with the machine. There may be someone hiding in the shadows.


Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9985
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Sounds like a winner, lucky us."
> Is it stuck to the ground or connected with many cables to anything?


Bezel: "What is it?"

The machine is mostly boxy, with one large cable going through the wall. Another cable comes out of the side and to a control panel and screen that rests on a desk.

Areku wrote:
>Also, make sure to look around the room, before messing with the machine. There may be someone hiding in the shadows.


The room is quite small, about the size of a bedroom. A quick check in other cabinets and a glance under the desk confirms there's no one hiding in here.

7419-12-02 Tuesday


Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:26 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Says that it's a machine to attach a spirit to an SBC, or move a spirit from one to SBC to another."


Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9985
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Says that it's a machine to attach a spirit to an SBC, or move a spirit from one to SBC to another."


Bezel: "Neat."

Mikail: "What do you need this for? Also, what's an SBC? I think I missed that paper."
7419-12-02 Tuesday


Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:14 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6089 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315 ... 406  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.023s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]