View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:54 pm



Reply to topic  [ 6730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312 ... 449  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10315
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"We'll keep our eyes open. Might be someone, or thing, with stealth magic. Like a baby manticore, or just a person with unusual abilities.
That said, stay together. Whatever it is, whatever anything in here is, between Bezel and I we probably have enough magic to fend it off. And if not, we have enough to get Ingret's attention."


Areku wrote:
>DROPKICK THE CABINETS


As soon as you finish speaking, you take a step back.

AND THEN RUN FORWARD AND DROPKICK THE CABINET

Your armored feet smash through the old wood, going through and hitting the wall at the back.

You're now awkwardly halfway inside one cabinet.

You decide to use your hands to open the remaining one beside you, and find it filled with some random junk.

Jeorg: "I guess, nothing in there."
7419-12-01 Monday


Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4436
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"NOW there isn't. Scared the bloody thing off, thankfully. You all, be very careful around other cabinets. They may be infected too."


Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:34 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10315
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"NOW there isn't. Scared the bloody thing off, thankfully. You all, be very careful around other cabinets. They may be infected too."


Bezel: "Right."

You head back to the room-with-papers with the others and jump back into the grind of skimming over every sheet.

Several minutes pass with you buried in your work when someone taps you on the shoulder. Looking up, you see Bezel, holding a radio with an earpiece wired to it.

Bezel: "Ingret said she saw movement on the roof."
7419-12-01 Monday


Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:01 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Tell her to keep us posted, especially if any go inside.
Reposition for a better view if she can, without looking conspicuous."


Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:03 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10315
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Tell her to keep us posted, especially if any go inside.
Reposition for a better view if she can, without looking conspicuous."


Bezel: "She thinks it already went inside."

Mikail, who was helping you look through papers, looks concerned.
7419-12-01 Monday


Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:40 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"...
Alright. We'll keep our eyes open."
> Keep skimming. Found anything useful yet?
Also glance back down that hallway every so often.


Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:24 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10315
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"...
Alright. We'll keep our eyes open."
> Keep skimming. Found anything useful yet?
Also glance back down that hallway every so often.


The entrance to the room is on the side of the hallway, so you can't really see down the hallway from inside. Jeorg and Erin are keeping watch, though, so hopefully they'll catch anything suspicious.

As for what you've found so far - details on various experiments, like spirit scanning, melding, splitting, and modifying, as well as human breeding.

In one paper, you come across something talking about "Horizontal Magic Transfer" - the magic transfer method that Olivia shared with you. You don't tell anyone about it yet - could do that after you're done with all the other papers.

There are also papers on the various machines that were used - if you manage to find them in the facility, they could be useful.


After a long hour or so, you, Mikail, and Bezel finish going through the papers, with the important-looking ones stuffed into the HM briefcase.

Mikail: "Are we exploring the rest of the facility now?"

Sonja: "There are many rooms underground, some big ones with machines. I don't know how safe it is,."
7419-12-01 Monday


Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:52 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"If you're all willing to come back again later, that would be smarter. If we go down there to check out the machines, we should know which we're looking for, and we'd need to look through all these papers first.

Also, if we can, I want to try and talk to the people who live here. Convince them we're not going to harm them, or just pillage the facility.
Even if that technically is exactly what we're doing...
If nothing else we could 'pay' them for what we take."


Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:58 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10315
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"If you're all willing to come back again later, that would be smarter. If we go down there to check out the machines, we should know which we're looking for, and we'd need to look through all these papers first.

Also, if we can, I want to try and talk to the people who live here. Convince them we're not going to harm them, or just pillage the facility.
Even if that technically is exactly what we're doing...
If nothing else we could 'pay' them for what we take."


Bezel: "Going through the papers sounds like a good idea."

Mikail: "The less time we can spend here, the better. How should we contact the people though?"
7419-12-01 Monday


Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:04 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Leave a note outside when we leave for now? Say we're researchers, looking for information, willing to trade, mean no harm. Will be back in a few days."


Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:06 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10315
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Leave a note outside when we leave for now? Say we're researchers, looking for information, willing to trade, mean no harm. Will be back in a few days."


Mikail: "I suppose that works."

The group leads the ruins without incident, making it back to Ingret outside. You have Bezel make the note on an HM sign and plant it in the yard within the facility's walls for all to see.

[Back inside Ingret, check out the papers in detail]
[Other]
7419-12-01 Monday


Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:43 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Into the bird.


Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10315
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Into the bird.


~

Back inside Ingret's core, the sun is down, and the starry night is visible. She relocated herself to somewhere outside of the city, since she doesn't really need to be in it while you're inside her core.


You, Bezel, and Mikail go through all the papers - it's pretty hard to understand anything in detail, but you can get a basic gist of what went on. Testing various spirit-altering machines on test subjects, forced breeding experiments, and spirit-photography similar to what Aldente did.

The machines are also difficult to understand in detail, and you can't grasp their general purpose even with the papers. You can see that there are a few of the following, though:

Scanning - Machines that scan the spirit and show images or data
Melding - Machines that specialize in implanting individual spirit parts into a full spirit
Splitting - Machines that remove parts from spirits
Storage - Machines specifically for storing spirits
??? - You have no idea what these machines do

Additionally, there are special canisters that can contain parts of spirits, for the purpose of transferring them between machines or for general storage, going into the Storage type of machines.


After the reading of papers is done, everyone gets together in one of the office's meeting rooms, eating a dinner of rations.


Mikail: "Ralph, what is it like where you're from? Darson, right?"
7419-12-01 Monday


Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:37 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"It's... quiet. Simple. Decently sized city, no real threat of beasts or war, no need to hunt for food or brave dangers.
I guess I can't compare it too well, since it's pretty much all I've known.
What about you, what's it like living out here in Maazo?"


Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:39 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10315
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"It's... quiet. Simple. Decently sized city, no real threat of beasts or war, no need to hunt for food or brave dangers.
I guess I can't compare it too well, since it's pretty much all I've known.
What about you, what's it like living out here in Maazo?"


Mikail: "Not as dangerous as the rest of the Lindow. Humid, many bugs and animals, giant catfish, buildings of mud and wood. We have some farms, but not as big as the light people, most food is from fishing and picking fruits and plants from the Lindow."

Jeorg: "Mikail talks a lot about the world outside of the Lindow, always fascinated by the giant buildings and clothes and guns you people have. I think he is planning on joining you instead of coming back to Maazo! Maybe you'll find that girl too!"

Mikail looks down, embarrassed, while Jeorg lets out a laugh.

Bezel: "Do you want to leave Maazo?"

Mikail: "... Yes."
7419-12-01 Monday


Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:14 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312 ... 449  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.028s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]