View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:06 pm



Reply to topic  [ 10754 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 713, 714, 715, 716, 717
 World Reader 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Small crowd. Think you can work your magic Valerie?"


Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:32 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12599
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Small crowd. Think you can work your magic Valerie?"


Valerie: "I'll see what I can do. Might work better if I'm alone, though."

You leave the bar with the rest of the team and head back into the truck, waiting.

~

About half an hour later, Valerie walks out of the bar with the business woman following behind.

You lower the window as Valerie approaches -

Valerie: "Mind if we give her a ride back to her place?"
7420-06-26 Wednesday


Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:54 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Sure."


Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:49 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12599
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Sure."


Making some room in the truck, Valerie and the business woman get inside and Oliver drives off, following the tired, slightly inebriated directions of the business woman.

~

The truck stops at a rustic apartment complex and the business woman steps out of the truck, thanking you all for the ride before heading into the building.


Valerie: "She works night shifts at a casino that a lot of big names frequent."

Valerie pulls a fancy black and gold business card out - Redlot Casino. A pair of dice is displayed, as well as an address.

Valerie: "Sounds like a good place to get some information."
7420-06-26 Wednesday


Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:18 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Oof. Well, you're not wrong.
How do you all feel about your gambling skills?"


Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:10 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12599
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Oof. Well, you're not wrong.
How do you all feel about your gambling skills?"


Valerie: "Not something I'd bet on. Not that we have a lot of money to lose in the first place, but I don't think our loan agent would be too happy to hear how it was used."

Bezel's loan money, hm. She gave you enough for many meals and inn stays, but still not a whole lot overall, and you probably don't want to tell her you lost it all in a game of cards.

Oliver: "We just gotta talk to some people, right? Shouldn't cost anything."
7420-06-26 Wednesday


Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:04 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"If they let us hang around for free. Cross that bridge if we get to it.
Alright, the Casino it is then."


Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:49 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12599
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"If they let us hang around for free. Cross that bridge if we get to it.
Alright, the Casino it is then."


[To the Casino... During the day?]
[Timeskip to night, then CASINO!]
[Other]
7420-06-26 Wednesday


Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:03 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Night then casino.


Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:10 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12599
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Night then casino.


~

As night falls, the city lights up with glowing signs and colored lamps, illuminating the crowds that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere.

Still in the parking lot, you and Oliver take a look at the densely packed streets full of cars and carriages.

Oliver: "Maybe we should walk."
7420-06-26 Wednesday


Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:54 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah.
Watch out for pickpockets and scam artists. Tourist cities are notorious for them."


Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:42 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12599
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah.
Watch out for pickpockets and scam artists. Tourist cities are notorious for them."


Oliver: "Fun."

Evelyn: "Keep your belt safe, it'd be bad if someone took that mana stone."


[To the Casino!]
[Other]
7420-06-26 Wednesday


Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:58 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> To the casino.
Keep an eye on my belt too.


Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:43 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12599
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> To the casino.
Keep an eye on my belt too.


Your team leaves for the casino.

Although you keep an eye and hand on your belt, your team completely surrounds you as you walk down the crowded sidewalk, making you look like some big important guy that needs bodyguards.

Attracts a few looks here and there, but the serious looks of your team push away several shady characters slinking around.

~

The casino is massive, sitting in its own lot with parking space all around and people flowing in and out of its doors. The mix of black and white polished stonework, bronze-colored trimmings, and windows showing strange flashing lights gives the impression of great wealth.

Stepping through one of the many entrances, you find yourself in an entirely new world - deep red and black carpets, aisles of strange machines with flashing lights, and many tables with card games, dice, and other game pieces.

The white ceiling has inset lights, as well as an array of small black orbs that appear to stretch across the entire surface, and men in suits and sunglasses are placed intermittently throughout the casino floor, watching the hundreds of patrons sitting at machines or tables.


Frederick: "This is somethin' I could've never imagined."

Oliver: "Lotta stuff goin' on, just flashin' lights and noise everywhere."
7420-06-26 Wednesday


Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:37 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10754 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 713, 714, 715, 716, 717

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CrazyMLC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.014s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]