View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:00 am



Reply to topic  [ 11239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 718, 719, 720, 721, 722, 723, 724 ... 750  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Two telepaths and a kinetic SWAT mage.
I've got a Backup Plan anyway, if needed.

"Go ahead."


You carefully remove your mana stone from your belt holder, letting Oliver store it in an AM box he just made.

After that, you watch as the rest of your team disarms.

Frederick pulls out a small revolver, Evelyn sets down her autocaster, and Oliver unlatches his two knife sheaths.

Valerie walks over to the shelf and stores two holstered revolvers, a large collapsible baton, a hunting knife, two smoke grenades that you remember were leftovers stashed in Ingret from the Lawless raid, and an autocaster.

Oliver: "Y'got the levergun in your pants too?"

Valerie: "Not today, no."


You can't tell if they're joking.



Butler: "Through here, please."

Your team steps into the meeting room and the door is closed behind you.

A large table, and a row of seats on each side.


Butler: "Miss Teresa will be here shortly."

The door to the hallway opens and a young woman enters, pushing a cart with a teapot and cups.

Butler: "Oh, you didn't have to get that Miss, I was just about to fetch drinks for them."

Woman: "No worries, I wanted to take a look at the visitors anyways."

She looks like she could barely be 20 years old. A modest orange dress, slim but nice figure, long light brunette hair in a braid, and a stunningly attractive face with amber eyes.

Butler: "Will you be joining us?"

Woman: "I'm afraid not, other matters call me."

Butler: "Very well."


The woman flashes you a smile before turning and leaving the room.



The Butler pours a cup of tea for everyone, and setting down a cup of sugar for everyone to add to taste.


While drinking your tea, you see Evelyn suddenly tensing up.

A second later and the door to the meeting room opens.


The woman that enters bears a striking resemblance to the one before, but appearing more mature in body and the way she carries herself, greeting your team with a small nod and polite smile. Her robes are deep blue with gold trim, and her hair done up in an ornate bun, combined with her graceful movements gives her an air of royalty.

The Butler pulls out a chair and she takes a seat across the table.


Teresa: "Good morning. I am Teresa Haas."

Her speech sounds careful and crafted.
7420-06-27 Thursday


Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:25 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Spooky.
"A pleasure to meet you.
I'm Raphael Mebbit, this is my team. Oliver, Evelyn, Valerie, and Frederick.
We were hoping that the Haas family could help us get to Vallis."


Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:36 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Spooky.
"A pleasure to meet you.
I'm Raphael Mebbit, this is my team. Oliver, Evelyn, Valerie, and Frederick.
We were hoping that the Haas family could help us get to Vallis."


Teresa: "Getting into Vallis is questionable, though we have a few ways to get you into Sial as a stepping stone. Some legal, a few less so.

I assume you would prefer a legal approach."


7420-06-27 Thursday


Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:50 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"By far, yes."


Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:09 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"By far, yes."


Teresa: "There are four legal routes we use.

Being a merchant and establishing a trade line, becoming a recognized missionary of the First, marrying a citizen of Sial, and bribing an official.

Bribing is the simplest, but obviously an expensive solution."

7420-06-27 Thursday


Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:21 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"...bribery is one of the legal solutions?"


Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:26 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"...bribery is one of the legal solutions?"


You see her briefly smirk.

Teresa: "All of the resulting paperwork is legally recognized, so we consider it legal."
7420-06-27 Thursday


Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:06 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Ah, that sort.
A trade line is not impossible, but unappealing. Missionary and marrying in are, logistically unfeasible I would think. And the cash option is... well, I wouldn't call us wealthy."
> If she has nothing to say in response
"So what are the less legal options."


Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Ah, that sort.
A trade line is not impossible, but unappealing. Missionary and marrying in are, logistically unfeasible I would think. And the cash option is... well, I wouldn't call us wealthy."

"So what are the less legal options."


Teresa: "Smuggle you in, with or without forged paperwork. Ideally we wipe your memory of us helping you, so if you get caught, the authorities don't connect you back to us."
7420-06-27 Thursday


Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:15 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Mm.
So, what would you want in exchange for these?"


Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:56 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Mm.
So, what would you want in exchange for these?"


Teresa: "What do you have to offer?"
7420-06-27 Thursday


Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:00 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Archaeology expertise, a fair bit of competence and experience with handling core beasts and ruins, a laser bird witch queen that can fly between here and Sianna, a constructor with a lot of aesthetic skill...
Mostly, we can offer our services I suppose."


Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Archaeology expertise, a fair bit of competence and experience with handling core beasts and ruins, a laser bird witch queen that can fly between here and Sianna, a constructor with a lot of aesthetic skill...
Mostly, we can offer our services I suppose."



She stares past you, thinking.



Teresa: "I wish to speak with just Evelyn for a few minutes. If the rest of you could step into the hallway for a moment.

Brett, go with them."



Butler: "I cannot leave you alone-"


Teresa: "Go."


He nods and walks over to the hallway, holding the door open.


Evelyn stares down at the table, visibly uneasy, while the rest of your team waits for the order.
7420-06-27 Thursday


Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:06 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Is that alright, Evelyn?"
> Don't take my eyes off Teresa.


Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Is that alright, Evelyn?"
> Don't take my eyes off Teresa.


Teresa appears to maintain a poker face, but it looks like she's just barely smiling. Her level of expression reminds you of Bezel, but somehow more, devious.


Evelyn: "Y-yeah..."
7420-06-27 Thursday


Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:17 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 718, 719, 720, 721, 722, 723, 724 ... 750  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.018s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]