View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 11192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 737, 738, 739, 740, 741, 742, 743 ... 747  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"I don't like the trade route, but it's all a damn mess. I basically made up my mind that the Haas were too much trouble when I called you and Ingret. And I don't want to pull out the rug on her about the trade route, if she was going to use that for funding.
But getting the weapon still has fewer strings attached, since it sounds like the worst of it was fabricated by Delilah.

Ugh. How do you feel, Ingret?"

A ceiling tile explodes into a shower of foam-like fragments as a speaker-on-a-pole lowers into the room.

Ingret: "After you get the weapon, could I do the trade route on my own? So you don't have to worry about dealing with it to get into Sial."
7420-06-28 Friday

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:25 pm

”I wouldn’t be opposed to that, if we can plot a reasonably safe route. Though I’d advise against taking any long-term contracts - our situation is volatile enough that there’s no telling when we might need to drop everything and take a trip to the far corners of the world.”

Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:39 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
”I wouldn’t be opposed to that, if we can plot a reasonably safe route. Though I’d advise against taking any long-term contracts - our situation is volatile enough that there’s no telling when we might need to drop everything and take a trip to the far corners of the world.”

Ingret: "If Pillow grows up, one of us can focus on the trade route, and the other focus on expedition stuff."
7420-06-28 Friday

Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:43 pm
Loose Canon

"Are you planning on having more kids when you get a town?"

Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:44 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Are you planning on having more kids when you get a town?"

Ingret: "Maybe, just a few more."
7420-06-28 Friday

Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:48 pm
Loose Canon

"Mm. Sounds like a fun town.

Ok. We'll go with the weapon and the trade route for Ingret then. Ingret, while you're in town we should go meet Vakus again, the one who offered the trade route to us."

Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:13 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Mm. Sounds like a fun town.

Ok. We'll go with the weapon and the trade route for Ingret then. Ingret, while you're in town we should go meet Vakus again, the one who offered the trade route to us."

Ingret: "Okay."

It's a little after 1pm now - do you still plan on talking to Delilah?

You should also talk to Teresa to get more information on the weapon, if there are any pictures of what it might look like.
7420-06-28 Friday

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:15 am

>We made an appointment after all! No reason to leave her hanging.

>To Delilah!

Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:59 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

> Now hol up, maybe we should go see Teresa first.
We didn't make an appointment so much as a suggestion to get tea, and I doubt Delilah picked up on the subtext. If we've got no good news, there's not much reason to meet her.

Go see Teresa first, and bring Valerie and Evelyn. The others can chill.

Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:09 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Now hol up, maybe we should go see Teresa first.
We didn't make an appointment so much as a suggestion to get tea, and I doubt Delilah picked up on the subtext. If we've got no good news, there's not much reason to meet her.

Go see Teresa first, and bring Valerie and Evelyn. The others can chill.

~

You and Evelyn take a seat in the Haas meeting room while Valerie waits in the hall.

Teresa soon arrives, taking her place at the opposite end of the table, and her butler pours out drinks for everyone.

Teresa: "Good afternoon. Have you decided on one of my offers?"
7420-06-28 Friday

Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:26 am
Loose Canon

"Well, I'm sorry but you can't have Evelyn. But we are willing to retrieve the weapon."

Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:28 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Well, I'm sorry but you can't have Evelyn. But we are willing to retrieve the weapon."

A smile briefly flutters across her face - amusement of you denying her Evelyn, or excitement of you accepting the weapon request, you're not sure.

Teresa: "Excellent."

She glances to Brett, and he pulls out several papers from the tea cart and hands them to you.

Taking the papers, you flip through them. Various drawings and written descriptions of two weapons - Stonecutter, a broad-bladed two-handed sword, and Shieldbreaker, a massive glaive.

Teresa: "Sir Grandfir brought one of those with him during his march, the other remained at his estate home that was eventually raided during the War of Blades.

No one knows where his stolen property was taken, so the only recoverable item left is the weapon he carried to his death.

I'm sure you have already considered the possibility, but there is a nonzero chance that the weapon was affected by the Spirit Trap event. Considering that no one has seen or heard of the spirit of a Daeli knight wandering the southern regions of the Zone, I find it unlikely that he was absorbed by his weapon, but that does not mean the weapon does not have the trap."

7420-06-28 Friday

Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:09 am
Loose Canon

"Hm. I'm not very familiar with the functioning of the trap, it only comes into play if someone dies while wielding the weapon, correct? Shouldn't be an issue for transport?"

Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:12 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. I'm not very familiar with the functioning of the trap, it only comes into play if someone dies while wielding the weapon, correct? Shouldn't be an issue for transport?"

Teresa: "As far as I know, yes, that is the sole trigger. I don't believe there should be any issue with transport, but exercise caution as you see fit."
7420-06-28 Friday

Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:19 am
Loose Canon

"Mm. Alright, that's all for the job, then.

While I'm here though, I would like to talk about Delilah."

Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 737, 738, 739, 740, 741, 742, 743 ... 747  Next