View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 11192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 738, 739, 740, 741, 742, 743, 744 ... 747  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Mm. Alright, that's all for the job, then.

While I'm here though, I would like to talk about Delilah."

Teresa: "What of her?

You may speak freely - I am aware of the stunt she pulled in the last meeting, and we have checked for eavesdroppers."

7420-06-28 Friday

Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:21 am
Loose Canon

"Mm.
Are you also aware that she gave me a counter-offer to yours? Entry into Sial, in exchange for transportation to Siana?"

Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:32 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Mm.
Are you also aware that she gave me a counter-offer to yours? Entry into Sial, in exchange for transportation to Siana?"

Teresa: "I was not, but I suspected she was scheming in some fashion."

She briefly glances over at Evelyn.

Teresa: "I assume you know by now why she shouldn't leave Vellum."
7420-06-28 Friday

Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:47 pm
Loose Canon

"Mm, the specifics of the Haas magic.
We're both lucky honestly. If she had been a bit more up-front with her offer, I may have taken her up on it. She's very desperate to get some freedom and control in her life.

It may not be my place to butt in, but... does she even know why she can't live freely?
I take what she says with a grain of salt, but it doesn't even seem like she understands her own magic."

Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:05 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Mm, the specifics of the Haas magic.
We're both lucky honestly. If she had been a bit more up-front with her offer, I may have taken her up on it. She's very desperate to get some freedom and control in her life.

It may not be my place to butt in, but... does she even know why she can't live freely?
I take what she says with a grain of salt, but it doesn't even seem like she understands her own magic."

Teresa: "She has proven to be incapable of keeping secrets - everything she learned has eventually become public knowledge. Telepathic immunity means nothing when her mouth is a faucet with no valve. So, we tell her very few things.

If there was a way to strip her of her powers, we would gladly let her run off and do whatever she pleases, but my research has not found any ethical means to do that."

7420-06-28 Friday

Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:51 pm
Loose Canon

"I see. If telepathy isn't an option, then yes I can see that happening.
My employers do have some knowledge of strange spirit science, but I haven't heard of anything like that.

Well, that's all for that then. I think retrieval of the weapon should be done within a month."

Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:16 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I see. If telepathy isn't an option, then yes I can see that happening.
My employers do have some knowledge of strange spirit science, but I haven't heard of anything like that.

Well, that's all for that then. I think retrieval of the weapon should be done within a month."

Teresa: "That sounds like an ambitious time frame, but I am not familiar with your speed of work.

I will begin preparations for the paperwork for your entry into Sial."

7420-06-28 Friday

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:15 pm

"You'll find I am quite resourceful."

>TO DELILAH!

Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:09 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"You'll find I am quite resourceful."

>TO DELILAH!

~

With little time to waste, you and Evelyn make your way to Haley's, finding Delilah sulking in a corner booth with a untouched salad and a nearly-full cup of tea.

She seems surprised when she notices the two of you approach.

Delilah: "What are you doing here?"
7420-06-28 Friday

Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:51 am
Loose Canon

"Felt like having tea.
Mind if we sit?"

Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:05 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Felt like having tea.
Mind if we sit?"

Delilah: "Go ahead."

The two of you take a seat and look through the menus that a waitress places down.

Delilah seems to be passing the time by staring at the table and occasionally nibbling her salad.
7420-06-28 Friday

Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:54 am
Loose Canon

"I'm sorry I couldn't get you a way to Siana, by the way. I wish I could help, but well... unfortunately Teresa is right, there is a good reason for you to stay put."

Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:29 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I'm sorry I couldn't get you a way to Siana, by the way. I wish I could help, but well... unfortunately Teresa is right, there is a good reason for you to stay put."

Delilah: "What reason is that."
7420-06-28 Friday

Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:42 am
Loose Canon

"Well it's a secret. Like, spy movie style secret. And the problem is, you're bad at keeping secrets.
You're not a plotter and schemer kind of person, like Teresa is. Not the kind to make a master plan and work out all the elements and maybe twist some arms and tell some fibs and keep some secrets. And this is a situation where you need a secret keeper.

You're the talker and the doer. You're the type to go meet someone when you see the chance, chat them up, win them over, and just face a situation head on. It's why talking to us went well, but the midnight scheme ah, did not.
You're more charismatic and charming and frankly have a better poker face too. But you work best when you operate at face value, speaking without overthinking or deception, and winning people over. Aaand that means that a secret would probably slip out.

Personally, I like the honest type better."

Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:59 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Well it's a secret. Like, spy movie style secret. And the problem is, you're bad at keeping secrets.
You're not a plotter and schemer kind of person, like Teresa is. Not the kind to make a master plan and work out all the elements and maybe twist some arms and tell some fibs and keep some secrets. And this is a situation where you need a secret keeper.

You're the talker and the doer. You're the type to go meet someone when you see the chance, chat them up, win them over, and just face a situation head on. It's why talking to us went well, but the midnight scheme ah, did not.
You're more charismatic and charming and frankly have a better poker face too. But you work best when you operate at face value, speaking without overthinking or deception, and winning people over. Aaand that means that a secret would probably slip out.

Personally, I like the honest type better."

She looks at you with a lopsided glance, probably still processing what you said.
7420-06-28 Friday

Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 11192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 738, 739, 740, 741, 742, 743, 744 ... 747  Next