View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:39 am



Reply to topic  [ 11239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 739, 740, 741, 742, 743, 744, 745 ... 750  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
This is from Areku, not me.
> Headpat.
"You should try working with Teresa on what you can do. Try to think of it positively like that. I'm certain you'd be happier than clashing against each other."


Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:24 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
This is from Areku, not me.
> Headpat.
"You should try working with Teresa on what you can do. Try to think of it positively like that. I'm certain you'd be happier than clashing against each other."


She accepts your headpat with some confusion and moderate surprise.


Delilah: "I'll, try."
7420-06-28 Friday


Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:03 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Alright, timeskip. Let's talk to Evelyn about practicing her new power first. Then I think next is talking to Vakus.
And then we'll have to resume looking for the Painted Face.


Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Alright, timeskip. Let's talk to Evelyn about practicing her new power first. Then I think next is talking to Vakus.
And then we'll have to resume looking for the Painted Face.


~

Back inside Ingret, everyone else naps or relaxes in some manner while you and Evelyn step into a meeting room.

Evelyn: "What did Bezel say?"
7420-06-28 Friday


Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:59 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"We should avoid passing the actual transfer ability around.
Ellen told us that the Haas are making their fortune by transferring magic for clients, like for making a child with both parents' magic. I doubt they're passing around copies of their transfer ability to everyone they interact with, so that means there must be a way to pull magic out of someone in addition to giving it to them.
Which means that your job will be to practice and figure out how to do that."


Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"We should avoid passing the actual transfer ability around.
Ellen told us that the Haas are making their fortune by transferring magic for clients, like for making a child with both parents' magic. I doubt they're passing around copies of their transfer ability to everyone they interact with, so that means there must be a way to pull magic out of someone in addition to giving it to them.
Which means that your job will be to practice and figure out how to do that."


Evelyn: "Hm, that's interesting.


How should I, experiment? Get some people to volunteer?"

7420-06-28 Friday


Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:47 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Ehhhh, I'd say animals if possible. Though I guess those don't have magic. Can start with those to get turning it on and off figured.
Then uh... Well, we'll need a test subject with magic. Aldente might be able to help back in Darson.

Don't practice on any people until you at least know how to drive it though. If you did the same thing Delilah did on accident, we'd have a major problem."


Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Ehhhh, I'd say animals if possible. Though I guess those don't have magic. Can start with those to get turning it on and off figured.
Then uh... Well, we'll need a test subject with magic. Aldente might be able to help back in Darson.

Don't practice on any people until you at least know how to drive it though. If you did the same thing Delilah did on accident, we'd have a major problem."


Evelyn: "Okay. I'll be careful."



[Timeskip?]
[Other]
7420-06-28 Friday


Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:55 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Timescoop


Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Timescoop



After Evelyn leaves the meeting room, and retrieve the envelope from Vakus and open it up. Inside are two papers, one with the address and availability times of his trading post on the northern edges of Bordello, and the location of his primary estate in the Gria territories and the safe travel routes.


~


A few hours later, with the truck packed back inside Ingret, she lands a bit away from Vakus's Bordello trading post.

Who should leave Ingret to join the discussion?
7420-06-28 Friday


Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:33 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Just Bezel and I. We'll have Ingret for protection and I think the two of us can detect any bamboozle attempts.


Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:22 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Just Bezel and I. We'll have Ingret for protection and I think the two of us can detect any bamboozle attempts.


You and Bezel exit Ingret and take a look around.


Scattered farmland and pockets of forests surround the area, with Bordello a distant blur on the horizon.


Ahead of you is a cluster of buildings - a large number of warehouses, along with a stable, a few cottages, and other small structures.

Ingret's approach has attracted the attention of the Gria that were stationed at the outpost, and one of them makes there way to you. While the others are dressed in plain clothing suitable for work, this one has a blue robe with white stitching, covering the surface with fine details.


Raali: "A pleasure to see you again, Raphael-eques."

She was the chirop that was with Vakus, if your memory is correct.

Raali: "Are you here to speak with Vakus?"
7420-06-28 Friday


Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:16 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yes, we are. We might need somewhere outdoors, to accommodate Ingret."


Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yes, we are. We might need somewhere outdoors, to accommodate Ingret."


Raali: "That will be no issue. Please, follow this way."


She takes the lead as you all walk towards the outpost.

Upon arrival, she commands the workers in setting up a tables and chairs in a courtyard, appearing to have absolute authority over everyone else.


A large white cloth is thrown over the surface of two joined tables and cups are laid out, along with a pitcher of water and a bottle of wine.

On one end of the table is a giant clay pot, big enough for you to crawl inside, which is filled with water.

A drink for Ingret?


Vakus soon appears, stepping out from one of the cottages and makes his way over.

Vakus: "Ah, good to see you again Raphael. And you have brought new faces as well."

He, and Raali, seem perfectly relaxed in the presence of Ingret, as if she was just another person.
7420-06-28 Friday


Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:59 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yes. This is Bezel and Ingret.
Bezel is the one who retrieved Ingret from the downed queen, and Ingret is the witch who flew us here."


Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:14 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 739, 740, 741, 742, 743, 744, 745 ... 750  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.017s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]