Data Realms Fan Forums
http://forums.datarealms.com/

World Reader
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=46097
Page 755 of 770

Author:  Eigla [ Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
> To the rest of the team!



Leaving your office, you head into the meeting room and meet with the rest of the expedition team.

Time to lay out the plan!
7420-07-02 Tuesday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"So. For the stone cutter, Claire and Bezel need some bigger parts that can handle witch-grade magic. Thankfully, we also know where we can probably find such parts.
Before we hired the expedition team, on one of the first trips up to the Lindow, Ingret ran into a dragon on the flight north and killed it. There's a good chance its core is still there in the forest, so we're going to go look for it.
Evelyn will be staying here, since the spirit team in Ossolen needs her for something and she has to practice for that."

Author:  Eigla [ Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"So. For the stone cutter, Claire and Bezel need some bigger parts that can handle witch-grade magic. Thankfully, we also know where we can probably find such parts.
Before we hired the expedition team, on one of the first trips up to the Lindow, Ingret ran into a dragon on the flight north and killed it. There's a good chance its core is still there in the forest, so we're going to go look for it.
Evelyn will be staying here, since the spirit team in Ossolen needs her for something and she has to practice for that."


Valerie: "What are the odds of running into more dragons on the way?"
7420-07-02 Tuesday

Author:  Areku [ Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"It's a possibility, they are often said to roam in pairs.

Still - Ingret took one down before without much trouble, even after being caught by surprise. It should go smoothly provided we're cautious."

Author:  Eigla [ Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

Areku wrote:
"It's a possibility, they are often said to roam in pairs.

Still - Ingret took one down before without much trouble, even after being caught by surprise. It should go smoothly provided we're cautious."


Valerie: "Is there anything in particular we should prepare?"
7420-07-02 Tuesday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"I don't think anything outside our usual gear. The biggest hurdle will be finding the core.
Once we actually locate it, we may have to clean it off a bit or cut it out of the remains so Ingret can grab it, but hopefully not too much.
If we do end up having to go out, we'll have two of us in the military constructs, and someone on scanning duty with the sport casters.
Frederick, I think we'll get you a witch stone for this trip so that you can throw up a strong barrier if needed."

Author:  Eigla [ Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I don't think anything outside our usual gear. The biggest hurdle will be finding the core.
Once we actually locate it, we may have to clean it off a bit or cut it out of the remains so Ingret can grab it, but hopefully not too much.
If we do end up having to go out, we'll have two of us in the military constructs, and someone on scanning duty with the sport casters.
Frederick, I think we'll get you a witch stone for this trip so that you can throw up a strong barrier if needed."


Frederick: "Alright. I'll have to practice with it a bit, get the hang of controlling that level of mana."
7420-07-02 Tuesday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"We'll get something from Claire right after this.
Valerie, if you have the scanner, could you beam the information to Frederick quickly with telepathy?"

Author:  Eigla [ Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"We'll get something from Claire right after this.
Valerie, if you have the scanner, could you beam the information to Frederick quickly with telepathy?"


Valerie: "Yes."
7420-07-02 Tuesday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"Alright, then I think that's our setup. Valerie, you work with Frederick on the training for the barrier. Ingret would probably be happy to stand in for a dragon or other core beast, too."

Author:  Eigla [ Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Alright, then I think that's our setup. Valerie, you work with Frederick on the training for the barrier. Ingret would probably be happy to stand in for a dragon or other core beast, too."



Valerie: "When do we leave?"
7420-07-02 Tuesday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"Soon as you've got a handle on high mana shields and detection."

Author:  Eigla [ Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Soon as you've got a handle on high mana shields and detection."


Valerie: "We'll start preparations as soon as possible, then."


[Timeskip]
[Other]
7420-07-02 Tuesday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

> Skippit

Author:  Eigla [ Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Skippit



~


Two days later.

Your team, sans Evelyn, meets in Ingret's warehouse.

Pillow is resting on a bed outside of Ingret. Your memory of her was that she was roughly human-height, but now she's about half a man taller.

Frederick got a good amount of practice with the witch stone. While he says he's not able to use it to its full potential, he can put up some pretty powerful barriers and kinetic blasts.

It didn't take long for Valerie to get the hang of beaming information from the scanner to other people.


Seems like you're ready to head off?
7420-07-04 Thursday

Page 755 of 770 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/