View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 756, 757, 758, 759, 760, 761, 762 ... 766  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Bet it was part of the Daeli's whole idea with breeding these. Hunting targets, weapons of mass destruction, AND free sources of construct components.

I wonder if it'd be possible to make a core grow those parts on its own without needing the rest of the dragon."

"Wait, why're they so expensive? Between all the major factions and the corruption zone, I'd think there's no shortage of core beasts being hunted."

Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:07 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Bet it was part of the Daeli's whole idea with breeding these. Hunting targets, weapons of mass destruction, AND free sources of construct components.

I wonder if it'd be possible to make a core grow those parts on its own without needing the rest of the dragon."

"Wait, why're they so expensive? Between all the major factions and the corruption zone, I'd think there's no shortage of core beasts being hunted."

Bezel: "Well, Sial isn't going to trade with Vellum, and Gria territory blocks off Vellum from the Zone. It's why the Daeli tried to hold on to Gria territory for so long, to maintain direct access to the Zone.

At the moment, all core parts are fairly low grade since they're exported by the Gria, and the Gria don't have the means to hunt bigger beasts."

7420-07-05 Friday

Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:09 am
Loose Canon

"Hm. Sorta surprised with all the time they've spent near the zone they haven't figured out some tricks, especially with their usage of the weird corruption plants.
Even being sandwiched between the zone and their neighbors, I'd think they could build up some cities enough to get workshops and weapons technology rolling. Though maybe the zone also stifles long term mage cultivation, plus there's Castellum II attracting a lot of them away."

Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:33 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. Sorta surprised with all the time they've spent near the zone they haven't figured out some tricks, especially with their usage of the weird corruption plants.
Even being sandwiched between the zone and their neighbors, I'd think they could build up some cities enough to get workshops and weapons technology rolling. Though maybe the zone also stifles long term mage cultivation, plus there's Castellum II attracting a lot of them away."

Bezel: "They have factories for firearms which they use for some medium sized beasts, but not really effective against nasty things like dragons. Even manticores is pushing it.

When the Daeli had access to the Zone, people tried hunting dragons with high-end construct weapons and the odds were like, fifty-fifty. Most people don't really like those odds."

7420-07-05 Friday

Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:19 am
Loose Canon

"...did Ingret just get super lucky with this dragon or something? Or is the power scale for core beasts and constructs and people just, all over the place?"

Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:54 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"...did Ingret just get super lucky with this dragon or something? Or is the power scale for core beasts and constructs and people just, all over the place?"

Bezel: "Ingret, and witches, make everything look weak in comparison.

Top of the food chain, not counting leviathans."

7420-07-05 Friday

Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:06 am
Loose Canon

"So it's just my view that's skewed, cool. Understandable with everything that's happened, I suppose.

Do all core beasts have differently shaped memory stones?"

Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:10 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"So it's just my view that's skewed, cool. Understandable with everything that's happened, I suppose.

Do all core beasts have differently shaped memory stones?"

Bezel: "All the ones I've seen besides witches look the same. Dragons, drakes, deer, toads, even schals. Schal memory stones are just, tiny, but same shape. They do weird stuff though like storing memories and processing information with grown HM-biological matter, kinda like growing a brain. Without that growth, they're as smart as insects.

Witch memory stones are distinctly different from core beasts, but the rest of the core structure is somewhat similar.

Hm."

7420-07-05 Friday

Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:16 am
Loose Canon

"Hm.

Have you ever compared spirit anatomy to witch core structure, out of curiosity?"

Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:51 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm.

Have you ever compared spirit anatomy to witch core structure, out of curiosity?"

Bezel: "No, but Claire might've."
7420-07-05 Friday

Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:58 am
Loose Canon

"Hm."
> Call Claire over, since she's still with the guy who probably shouldn't hear about core conspiracies.

Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:22 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm."
> Call Claire over, since she's still with the guy who probably shouldn't hear about core conspiracies.

While Bezel carefully carries the components over to the work-in-progress Stonecutter, you wave to Claire and she walks over.

Claire: "How'd the recovery go? Any problems with the dragon?"
7420-07-05 Friday

Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:26 am
Loose Canon

"Hardest part was finding it. As usual, heavily preparing and gearing ourselves ensured that nothing happened.
So on a different note, do you remember the spirit anatomy diagrams way back when from Aldente's, ugh, research notes?"

Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:00 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hardest part was finding it. As usual, heavily preparing and gearing ourselves ensured that nothing happened.
So on a different note, do you remember the spirit anatomy diagrams way back when from Aldente's, ugh, research notes?"

Claire: "What about them?"
7420-07-05 Friday

Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:35 am
Loose Canon

"I was wondering if there was any similarity to witch cores.
Bezel just mentioned that the memory stone in a witch core is identical to the ones the team found lined up at Bassa. And the one my Employer showed me.
A little red comma looking thing, compared to a smooth rod for every other core beast."

Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 756, 757, 758, 759, 760, 761, 762 ... 766  Next