View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 11645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 771, 772, 773, 774, 775, 776, 777  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
"Understandable. Have you figured out the principle behind it? Wondering if it's anything like the method we found up north."

Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:23 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Understandable. Have you figured out the principle behind it? Wondering if it's anything like the method we found up north."

Janet: "From what we understand, it sends a signal into the spirit of the magic donor that makes the spirit create a sort of 'seed' that contains the magic, and then extracts the seed from the donor.

The seed is then implanted into the recipient, and another signal is emitted to force the recipient's spirit to accept the seed.

There's a rather high failure rate on implantation that can result in damage to the spirit, so we definitely want to avoid transferring magic into a live host until we're positive we've the issue."

7420-07-12 Friday

Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:26 am
Loose Canon

"Hm. That sounds, not dissimilar to what Evelyn described our method as, but manually triggered instead of letting the spirit handle it.
The recipient gets altered to lower their inhibitions towards the donor, and from there close contact somehow triggers the donor to generate and pass over the 'seed'. The then recipient receives and lets it take root. Or, it can be halted and moved around before then if you're a sufficient telepath/spirit mage.
Wish I'd brought Evelyn today now."

Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:37 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. That sounds, not dissimilar to what Evelyn described our method as, but manually triggered instead of letting the spirit handle it.
The recipient gets altered to lower their inhibitions towards the donor, and from there close contact somehow triggers the donor to generate and pass over the 'seed'. The then recipient receives and lets it take root. Or, it can be halted and moved around before then if you're a sufficient telepath/spirit mage.
Wish I'd brought Evelyn today now."

Janet: "It would be interesting to take a look at how her ability works, use it to refine the machines.

If it's alright with everyone involved, I'd like to get Observer copied over to Mio so we can start developing an external interface."

7420-07-12 Friday

Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:36 am
Loose Canon

"Mm. Sure.
We'll have to go get Evelyn though, and the process takes up to an hour."

Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:31 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Mm. Sure.
We'll have to go get Evelyn though, and the process takes up to an hour."

Janet: "We'll be ready whenever she is."

[Back to Darson!]
[Other]
7420-07-12 Friday

Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:26 am
Loose Canon

> Back to Darson!
We can probably let Claire get back to work since she's been cleared.

Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:36 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Back to Darson!
We can probably let Claire get back to work since she's been cleared.

~

The two of you have to take the 6pm train back to Darson, so it's well after the work day by the time you return.

Claire heads on home, while you head over to the construct research building on a hunch, and find Bezel still working, as expected.

She's tinkering with the Stonecutter core as she normally does, but has several monitoring devices connected to it.
7420-07-12 Friday

Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:14 pm

"Hey."

Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:39 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Hey."

Bezel: "Hey.

Took Stonecutter II to a quarry to do some testing, everything looks pretty good. Just need to do a bit of tweaking."

7420-07-12 Friday

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:22 am
Loose Canon

"Nice.
Claire's spirit looks good. The interface didn't transfer is all, just like we thought.
The Observer magic structures are also very high quality. Streamlined and efficient, no extraneous bits like naturally grown magic, and the mana connections are as strong as our natural magic, which was unheard of in the dark-into-light-mage experimental results they've got records on. For mine they're even stronger than my natural connections.

Planning on taking Evelyn over Monday to transfer Observer into Mio for the Ossolen team's future use."

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:31 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Nice.
Claire's spirit looks good. The interface didn't transfer is all, just like we thought.
The Observer magic structures are also very high quality. Streamlined and efficient, no extraneous bits like naturally grown magic, and the mana connections are as strong as our natural magic, which was unheard of in the dark-into-light-mage experimental results they've got records on. For mine they're even stronger than my natural connections.

Planning on taking Evelyn over Monday to transfer Observer into Mio for the Ossolen team's future use."

Bezel: "That'll get close to getting the long-range communication part done.

Long range energy transfer, hm."

She tinkers away some more, watching the displays on the monitoring equipment.

Bezel: "Is there anything you might need once you get into Sial?"
7420-07-12 Friday

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:49 am
Loose Canon

"Hm. A secret compartment for my watch.
If I want to enter Vallis a legal way, I'd need a way to hide everything from any mind scans. Maybe some stuff we can let go, but others would get us an immediate one way ticket to a magic cell.
My only thought on a good way to do that would be to store anything sensitive in a memory stone, stash it in my watch where it will be easily overlooked among the other HM, have Evelyn clear our brains when we're close to the border, and then have some way for me to rediscover the memory stone afterwards. Maybe have you leave out a note for when I check back in on you."

Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:22 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. A secret compartment for my watch.
If I want to enter Vallis a legal way, I'd need a way to hide everything from any mind scans. Maybe some stuff we can let go, but others would get us an immediate one way ticket to a magic cell.
My only thought on a good way to do that would be to store anything sensitive in a memory stone, stash it in my watch where it will be easily overlooked among the other HM, have Evelyn clear our brains when we're close to the border, and then have some way for me to rediscover the memory stone afterwards. Maybe have you leave out a note for when I check back in on you."

She pauses, staring blankly for a moment while thinking.

Bezel: "Memory manipulation is advanced stuff, and I don't know if Evelyn is trained in that field.

Maybe Claire can point you in the right direction for that. She did have that, memory recovery thing, happen."

7420-07-12 Friday

Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:31 am
Loose Canon

"Hm, good idea.
I'm not sure what to do if that falls through. Our 'credentials' we'll get can probably get us into Sial without much question, but I doubt getting into Vallis will be so simple.
Going in illicitly sounds, very dangerous."

Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 771, 772, 773, 774, 775, 776, 777  Next