View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:13 am



Reply to topic  [ 11645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 772, 773, 774, 775, 776, 777  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13101
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm, good idea.
I'm not sure what to do if that falls through. Our 'credentials' we'll get can probably get us into Sial without much question, but I doubt getting into Vallis will be so simple.
Going in illicitly sounds, very dangerous."


Bezel: "Yeah. Best to get in as, properly as possible, I guess.

Trying to get some official sponsor within Sial might help, though I have no idea what it's like up there."

7420-07-12 Friday


Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:18 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah. Gonna be something to find sponsorship. Bordello at least had the advantage of being fairly neutral.
Hopefully we can swing the Siana angle. Will depend on how Teresa makes out our credentials I suppose."


Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:38 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13101
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah. Gonna be something to find sponsorship. Bordello at least had the advantage of being fairly neutral.
Hopefully we can swing the Siana angle. Will depend on how Teresa makes out our credentials I suppose."


Bezel: "Easiest way into Vallis would be making you look like a native Sial citizen I think."



[Timeskip]
[Other]
7420-07-12 Friday


Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:23 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hm. If that worked it might solve all our problems."
> Timescoop. To Monday so we can ask Claire and take Evelyn I guess, unless something important comes up.


Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13101
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. If that worked it might solve all our problems."
> Timescoop. To Monday so we can ask Claire and take Evelyn I guess, unless something important comes up.



~


Monday morning.

You've invited Claire into your office to discuss stuff, and she takes a seat in front of your desk.
7420-07-15 Monday


Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:09 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"So. I'm not sure how exactly I'm gonna get into Vallis yet, but I'm willing to be it'll involve mind scans. And, with what I know, a mind scan will get me a one way ticket to a cell.
My plan for that right now is to stash away the memories, and then restore them once we're past the border. Since that's not exactly trivial telepathy, I was hoping I could get the number of the guy you went to a while back."


Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:43 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13101
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"So. I'm not sure how exactly I'm gonna get into Vallis yet, but I'm willing to be it'll involve mind scans. And, with what I know, a mind scan will get me a one way ticket to a cell.
My plan for that right now is to stash away the memories, and then restore them once we're past the border. Since that's not exactly trivial telepathy, I was hoping I could get the number of the guy you went to a while back."


Claire: "I think I have his address written down somewhere..."

She pulls out a small pocket book and flips through, eventually stopping on a page and showing it to you.

Claire: "There. An old closed-down shop, though they still live in the upper floor apartment."

You copy down the Ossolen address into your notebook.
7420-07-15 Monday


Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:37 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Cool.
Are they still practicing telepathy, or did you have to cajole him?"


Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:41 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13101
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Cool.
Are they still practicing telepathy, or did you have to cajole him?"


Claire: "His late father ran the old business with all the memory storage and memory wiping, gave the telepathic, programs? to his son, to carry on the family business.

The son wasn't interested in keeping it going, so he closed it down and only restores memories of old clients if they want it.

You might be able to convince him to help you since you're doing, special secret stuff, maybe."

7420-07-15 Monday


Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:58 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"'Hey I need to do some espionage, think we can borrow your magic?'
Well, we'll see when we get there I suppose."


Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:26 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13101
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"'Hey I need to do some espionage, think we can borrow your magic?'
Well, we'll see when we get there I suppose."


Claire: "Some compensation from UC's funding department can't hurt, probably wouldn't work for free anyways."



[To Ossolen! With Evelyn!]
[Other]
7420-07-15 Monday


Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:37 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> To Ossolen!


Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:36 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13101
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> To Ossolen!


~

After arriving in Ossolen, you and Evelyn head to the UC branch.

You and Evelyn step into a meeting room with Janet, Henry, and Mio.

Guess you could explain the process, or let Eveyln.


[You got this...]
[Let Evelyn explain...]
7420-07-15 Monday


Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5205
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Leave it to Evelyn, she's much more familiar with the technical details of the process.


Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:00 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Alright. So how this works is, we're going to sit down together back to back at zero distance.
Evelyn will use the magic on you to 'sync' my spirit to you. This'll make your spirit receptive to copying over magic from me.
The transfer will take up to an hour during which you probably won't even notice it, after that Evelyn will 'unsync' me from your spirit, and we'll be all done.
There will be an adjustment period in the next few days where your spirit gets used to having dark magic and rebuilds its 'signature' around that, during which you'll feel sick and not be able to cast well. But that'll fade in a week at most and you'll be back to normal.

The big consideration is that during that period, you're gonna feel... we haven't 100% identified it yet, but something along the lines of affection or a loss of inhibitions.
Either way, I'd prefer it if someone sat in with us."


Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:26 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 772, 773, 774, 775, 776, 777  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.041s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]