View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:19 am



Reply to topic  [ 11696 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 776, 777, 778, 779, 780  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13136
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Raise eyebrows.
Look over to Evelyn.


Evelyn: "Um, I'll, have to think about it."


Baker: "No rush.

I'm Johann, by the way. Johann Dras."

7420-07-15 Monday


Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:11 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Ralph Mebbit.

How often do people come back?"


Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:41 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13136
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Ralph Mebbit.

How often do people come back?"


Johann: "Maybe five to ten a year. Not that many considering the total number of clients."
7420-07-15 Monday


Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:57 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Mm. Alright.
We'll be back in a few days, I think."


Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:52 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13136
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Mm. Alright.
We'll be back in a few days, I think."


The two of you exit the coffee shop.


Evelyn: "He didn't say I couldn't teach the technique to someone else, right?"

7420-07-15 Monday


Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:27 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Well, he certainly seemed to be happy to wash his hands of it all..."


Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:28 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13136
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Well, he certainly seemed to be happy to wash his hands of it all..."


Evelyn: "I was thinking, I'm sure someone in my family would be happy to learn some new magic in exchange for doing some memory insertion ten times a year, so I don't have to worry about being stuck in Ossolen to satisfy our end of the deal."
7420-07-15 Monday


Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5212
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"In your family here, or your relatives up North?"


Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13136
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"In your family here, or your relatives up North?"



Evelyn: "... What?"
7420-07-15 Monday


Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:47 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Mmmm the answer was pretty obvious the moment it left my mouth. Nevermind.
Sounds like a good plan."


Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:55 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13136
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Mmmm the answer was pretty obvious the moment it left my mouth. Nevermind.
Sounds like a good plan."


Evelyn: "We have plenty of time until the next train.

Let's go visit my family! I'm sure my sister would be up for it."



[Timeskip]
[Other]
7420-07-15 Monday


Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5212
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Skiptime!


Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:20 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13136
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Skiptime!


~

Taking a taxi, the two of you head out to the northeast edge of Ossolen, where large, old-fashioned ocean-front properties line the coast.

Evelyn's family home is a large, stone house with numerous windows, looking somewhat more impressive than the houses in the area.

Where most doors would be unlocked with a key, you see Evelyn just sort of, bop the lockface with her palm and a deep mechanical click is heard, letting her turn the handle and open the door for the two of you.

The foyer is a large open space with a staircase leading up to the upper floor walkway.

The room on your right looks to be a simple lounging room full of antiques and intricate furniture, while the left is an open space with several instruments resting on stands, and a large piano in the center.


You hear a door open somewhere on the second floor, and a young man, a teenager, appears around a corner, looking down at the two of you. Her brother?


Evelyn: "Hiiii~

Is Leanne home?"



Brother: "She left in the morning to get something, I think she came back but I haven't seen her."


Evelyn: "Maybe she's in the garden."

She turns do you -

Evelyn: "You can wait in the curio room, I'll go look for her."

Her sister, you assume.


While Evelyn runs up the stairs past the young man, you take a seat in the room of antiques and look around.


Shelves of old books, tables with old artifacts, and various bladed weaponry on the walls. You've always wanted to set up a room like this at your own place, a little collection of relics in your own home.


Evelyn soon descends the stairs, heading towards the door -

Evelyn: "I'm going to check the garden."

And then she's off again.



Past the curio room is a dining room with a doorway at the end, which opens to reveal a kitchen as a woman steps through.

She looks to be a couple of years older than Evelyn, sharing the same facial features and hair, though something about her seems more imposing than the Evelyn you know.

An older sister?


Her eyes lock on to you, a combination of surprise and interest.

Sister: "Oh."


She swiftly turns and heads back into the kitchen.



The brother, after having quietly walking down the stairs, takes a seat at the piano and begins playing a nice melody, and the sister soon appears from the kitchen again with a tray in hand, eagerly pacing over to you and setting down cups and pouring tea from a kettle.

Once your cup is poured, she backs away, silently looking you over with a faint smile.

7420-07-15 Monday


Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:48 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Uh. Thank you.
Are you Leanne?"


Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:36 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13136
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Uh. Thank you.
Are you Leanne?"


Sister: "Yes."
7420-07-15 Monday


Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:03 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11696 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 776, 777, 778, 779, 780  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.052s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]