View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305 ... 463  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
"No, we only needed those two things. Thank you."

Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:43 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"No, we only needed those two things. Thank you."

The lupus nods.

Basteln: "I will be here, whenever you need me again."

You and Bezel leave, reuniting with Ingret outside.

Bezel: "Well. Guess we're going to West Maazo now."
7419-11-29 Saturday

Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:38 am

"...Yeah. You up for it now or should we rest for a bit?"

Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Yeah.
We should make a plan for this. The Lindow's too big and dangerous to just fly past it like we did to get to Silo."

Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:45 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah.
We should make a plan for this. The Lindow's too big and dangerous to just fly past it like we did to get to Silo."

Ingret: "I was attacked by green flying beasts when flying from Darson to Silo. I think they were dragons."

Bezel blinks a few times.

Bezel: "Shouldn't you have told us earlier?"

Ingret: "It was okay."
7419-11-29 Saturday

Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:54 am
Loose Canon

"Ingret, you-

You fought them off, yeah? That's what you mean by okay?
We all need to be aware of things like this, cause it could affect our plans and our collective safety. Bezel and I thought that it was just a normal, uneventful trip from Darson to Silo, but in reality you were attacked by dragons and weren't even close to the Lindow yet, where it will get much worse. That also factors into the return trip, we need to make sure to be careful and avoid any on the way back.
If we'd just decided to go back the same way we came, and ran into more dragons, we might not be so lucky the second time. We could die.
Okay? If anything like this happens in the future, you getting in fights or seeing core beasts or anything like that, make sure to tell us, or anyone else you're with at the time."

*sigh*
"So, what exactly happened? You fought them off? Gimme a blow by blow."

Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:38 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Ingret, you-

You fought them off, yeah? That's what you mean by okay?
We all need to be aware of things like this, cause it could affect our plans and our collective safety. Bezel and I thought that it was just a normal, uneventful trip from Darson to Silo, but in reality you were attacked by dragons and weren't even close to the Lindow yet, where it will get much worse. That also factors into the return trip, we need to make sure to be careful and avoid any on the way back.
If we'd just decided to go back the same way we came, and ran into more dragons, we might not be so lucky the second time. We could die.
Okay? If anything like this happens in the future, you getting in fights or seeing core beasts or anything like that, make sure to tell us, or anyone else you're with at the time."

*sigh*
"So, what exactly happened? You fought them off? Gimme a blow by blow."

Ingret seems to be a bit, ashamed? Her feathers look less poofy right now.

Ingret: "I was flying over the forest, and then I saw two green things. The air in front of one turned, wavy. I quickly banked to the right, and then there was a big beam of wavy air that blew off my left wing.

I dove down and into the forest and ran for a bit. One of the green things also went into the forest, chasing me. Green, scales, had wings. Managed to get a shot on it, exploded, dead.

My wing was done regenerating, I ran more and then took off and flew. The second one was still flying, didn't follow me.

Nothing happened after that."

7419-11-29 Saturday

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:52 pm
Loose Canon

"...just one shot? And it exploded? Man, you core beasts are really something else. That's seriously impressive.
Anyway, good. I'm glad you handled the combat so well.

I'm not mad at you Ingret. I was just, concerned. But, you handled yourself well in battle, and in the end nobody was permanently hurt. So, it's fine.
You didn't know, or rather you didn't think of it. So, now you know to share information with your allies. Now you're that little bit wiser, and you'll do better in the future, and it'll help keep us all safer and fight harder. That's the important thing.
Mistakes will always happen. What's important is to learn from them."

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:33 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"...just one shot? And it exploded? Man, you core beasts are really something else. That's seriously impressive.
Anyway, good. I'm glad you handled the combat so well.

I'm not mad at you Ingret. I was just, concerned. But, you handled yourself well in battle, and in the end nobody was permanently hurt. So, it's fine.
You didn't know, or rather you didn't think of it. So, now you know to share information with your allies. Now you're that little bit wiser, and you'll do better in the future, and it'll help keep us all safer and fight harder. That's the important thing.
Mistakes will always happen. What's important is to learn from them."

Ingret: "Okay."

You pull out your map for everyone to see - time to get planning.

Bezel: "If we pass through the Lawless, we can avoid the Lindow and the southern forest. If Ingret flies high enough it should be safe, though people may still see her."
7419-11-29 Saturday

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:35 pm
Loose Canon

"I think that'll work. If we want to avoid the Lindow as much as possible, we'd have to go over water for the last stretch, but we can better decide that when we get there I think.
Ingret, you said the dragon attacked while you were over the southern forest, right? We can probably steer clear of any more of them if we stay far enough from the forest itself then. I sort of doubt any emerald dragons would be crazy enough to go high altitude and chase us all the way from their territory on the ground.
How are you with high altitude flight?"

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:25 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I think that'll work. If we want to avoid the Lindow as much as possible, we'd have to go over water for the last stretch, but we can better decide that when we get there I think.
Ingret, you said the dragon attacked while you were over the southern forest, right? We can probably steer clear of any more of them if we stay far enough from the forest itself then. I sort of doubt any emerald dragons would be crazy enough to go high altitude and chase us all the way from their territory on the ground.
How are you with high altitude flight?"

Ingret: "I can't go super high, things start getting shaky and weird. I can go high enough that people shouldn't be able to do anything."
7419-11-29 Saturday

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:00 am
Loose Canon

"I'm not super worried about people. They aren't usually the ones who could actually do something to you mid-flight.
Either way though, that sounds fine. Stealth is important, but so is being agile. Stay as high as you can without affecting your ability to fly."

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:35 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I'm not super worried about people. They aren't usually the ones who could actually do something to you mid-flight.
Either way though, that sounds fine. Stealth is important, but so is being agile. Stay as high as you can without affecting your ability to fly."

Ingret: "Okay."

[Go time!]
[Other]
7419-11-29 Saturday

Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:12 am
Loose Canon

> Go time!

Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:52 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Go time!

~

Inside of Ingret's core, you look at Bezel's newest creations on display in one of the offices.

Bezel: "Thermally reflective armor with camoflage coating, breathing vents can close and supply air like the old suit. These have a fifteen minute air supply though, better than before, and also a mana-powered, automatic air recharging system that refills the supply while you're in cool air."

Two dark, matte green suits of armor are in front of you, each held up by a display stand. The look a bit bulkier than the suit you last used, probably to provide better defense.

Bezel: "Also, an automatic corruption-emission system when telepathy is detected. Unlike the system I made back in Aldente, these have a rod made of sixty disks, each disk lasting two seconds. Disks are burned individually one after another to create a constant area of corruption, but you can easily shut it off with a switch so you don't go through the entire supply. Manual activation, too."

A panel on the chest has the various suit controls, which suits above the armor layer as to not create a weak spot. Two cylindrical shapes are at the back of the suit - the air tank, and the corruption-emitting stack of disks.
7419-11-29 Saturday

Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 6931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305 ... 463  Next