View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:28 pm



Reply to topic  [ 6925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311 ... 462  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4498
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Absolutely gather papers first, we might need to make a hasty retreat afterwards.

>Ideally have Bezel make a sealed, fireproof case for them. Don't want to lose them by accident.


Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:42 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10426
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Absolutely gather papers first, we might need to make a hasty retreat afterwards.

>Ideally have Bezel make a sealed, fireproof case for them. Don't want to lose them by accident.


With Joerg, Sonja, and Erin keeping watch in the hallway, you begin gathering papers of interest, storing them in a large HM case made by Bezel. It's a long process of skimming each and every paper, not wanting to miss anything.



Erin: "I saw something!"

Jeorg: "Where?"

Erin: "The room at the end of the hall, something moved."
7419-12-01 Monday


Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4498
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Let's check it out. Don't get your trigger fingers too itchy, though. Might just be a rat, or some curious villager."

>Approach slowly. Bezel has our back, in case anything goes kapoof.


Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:52 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Move our light over to the end of the hall, where he saw it.


Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10426
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Move our light over to the end of the hall, where he saw it.

Areku wrote:
"Let's check it out. Don't get your trigger fingers too itchy, though. Might just be a rat, or some curious villager."

>Approach slowly. Bezel has our back, in case anything goes kapoof.


You walk down the hall as your light moves ahead and enters the room, stopping in the middle and hovering. Once you reach the doorway (that happens to have the door detached and lying on the ground near by), you look around.

An old, rotted examination bed, cabinets, and dirty miscellaneous items on the ground. On the left side of the room, there's a ragged hole in the ceiling, large enough for a person to squeeze through. If a person stepped on the bed, they would be able to reach the hole.
7419-12-01 Monday


Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:27 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Look for dust footprints.


Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:44 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4498
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Also, pole the bed with a long implement of some sort. It's either a mimic trying to get us to step on it to eat us, or there might be someone under it.


Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:45 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10426
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Look for dust footprints.


You look on the ground for footprints - there's quite a bit of dust on the ground, but there's plenty of somewhat-clean space to walk on to avoid leaving prints.

No visible prints.

Areku wrote:
>Also, pole the bed with a long implement of some sort. It's either a mimic trying to get us to step on it to eat us, or there might be someone under it.


The bed is more of a mattress sitting on a metal frame - you can clearly see there's nothing hiding under it. After asking Bezel for a long pole, you get an HM one and use it to prod the bed - nothing unusual.
7419-12-01 Monday


Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4498
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Gingerly step on the bed. Look up through the opening. Anyone there?


Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:05 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10426
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Gingerly step on the bed. Look up through the opening. Anyone there?


Putting your helmet on, you gingerly step on the bed, which makes a loud, obnoxious squeak as you do so.

Looking through the opening, it looks like another dark room, and shining your light through doesn't reveal any presence.
7419-12-01 Monday


Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4498
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Call out.

"Hewwo? Is anybody there?"


Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:52 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Nobody now."
> Step down.
"Let's, just keep working. They're not going to stop watching, and darting around nearby us, I don't think.
Ugh. I feel like a raider. Maybe we should try to talk to them."


Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:54 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10426
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Call out.

"Hewwo? Is anybody there?"


No response.

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Nobody now."
> Step down.
"Let's, just keep working. They're not going to stop watching, and darting around nearby us, I don't think.
Ugh. I feel like a raider. Maybe we should try to talk to them."


The bed loudly squeaks again as you descend.

Bezel: "I didn't sense anyone."

Erin: "I don't think my eyes were playing tricks on me. There was a face, the shine of eyes, and it moved."

Bezel: "If it escaped this room, it would've been through that hole, and we would've heard if it climbed on the bed."


Jeorg slowly lowers his spear, aiming it at the cabinets.

Jeorg: "I think you're just jumpy Erin, you're always one to scare easily."

Erin: "Yes, you may be right."

Erin aims his spear at the cabinets as well.
7419-12-01 Monday


Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:02 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"We'll keep our eyes open. Might be someone, or thing, with stealth magic. Like a baby manticore, or just a person with unusual abilities.
That said, stay together. Whatever it is, whatever anything in here is, between Bezel and I we probably have enough magic to fend it off. And if not, we have enough to get Ingret's attention."


Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4498
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>DROPKICK THE CABINETS


Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:19 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311 ... 462  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.026s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]