Data Realms Fan Forums
http://forums.datarealms.com/

World Reader
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=46097
Page 313 of 419

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"Oh, sorry. Spirit-body connection. It's a little organ in the brain that connects your physical body with your spirit.
We have an, acquaintance, who had theirs damaged. So, we're searching for a way to fix it."

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Oh, sorry. Spirit-body connection. It's a little organ in the brain that connects your physical body with your spirit.
We have an, acquaintance, who had theirs damaged. So, we're searching for a way to fix it."


Mikail: "Oh. How, does it affect them?"

Bezel looks over the machine and the cables, probably figuring out how to disassemble it.
7419-12-02 Tuesday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"Well, she's not mobile for long distances, for one. Has to stay near home with her support equipment. I think it's made her kind of, fragile in general. People with strong spirit-body connections can sometimes survive injuries that would be fatal to others. I'm no spirit surgeon, but it wouldn't surprise me if the opposite is true too.
I don't know much detail though. She didn't like talking about it."

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Well, she's not mobile for long distances, for one. Has to stay near home with her support equipment. I think it's made her kind of, fragile in general. People with strong spirit-body connections can sometimes survive injuries that would be fatal to others. I'm no spirit surgeon, but it wouldn't surprise me if the opposite is true too.
I don't know much detail though. She didn't like talking about it."


Mikail: "Mm.."


Bezel: "Looks like this can be separated into a few smaller parts. Are we gonna move this now? Might take all of us at once."
7419-12-02 Tuesday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"Let's get two and come back for the third. I don't want all of us to be tied up in carrying."

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Let's get two and come back for the third. I don't want all of us to be tied up in carrying."


Bezel: "Alright."

Bezel separates the machine into three separate chunks. You and Erin take one, Jeorg and Mikail take another, and Bezel and Sonja keep watch.

Carefully walking down the halls, you make it back to the door to the staircase. Bezel walks up to it and attempts to push it open, but it doesn't budge.

Bezel: "Something blocking it on the other side."

Everyone looks around - dark rooms and shadows everywhere, but nothing moving, or creature-shaped.

Jeorg: "Do we find another door? Or try to break through?"
7419-12-02 Tuesday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"Through here. If they want us to go around, that's exactly what we won't do.
Bezel, on 3 I'll flash the other side of the door, Then you break it open."

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Through here. If they want us to go around, that's exactly what we won't do.
Bezel, on 3 I'll flash the other side of the door, Then you break it open."


Bezel: "Alright. Gimme some space. Whenever you're ready. Also, cover your ears."

Everyone backs up a few feet, and she waits for your signal.
7419-12-02 Tuesday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

> Do a test light blip on the other side of the door to make sure I can. Move the light ball forward through the door and back so I can see it. Then,
"1. 2."
> Full power light flash 3 or so feet away from the door on the other side, hopefully past any blockages.
"3!"

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Do a test light blip on the other side of the door to make sure I can. Move the light ball forward through the door and back so I can see it. Then,


Testing your light, you see that you can indeed cast through the door.

TorrentHKU wrote:
"1. 2."
> Full power light flash 3 or so feet away from the door on the other side, hopefully past any blockages.
"3!"


You blast your light, full-power on the other side of the door.

A loud explosion of sound shakes the floor and walls, loud and deep enough that you can feel it in your chest. Bezel's position snaps several inches over and her poses is different, and there are now five massive dents in the metal door - one near each hinge, one where the door lock would be located, and one in the center.

The door is still in its frame, which is a problem.

Bezel: "Well. I think I'm gonna have to cut it open. Whatever's behind it probably isn't a person."
7419-12-02 Tuesday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"Damn. What with?
...Was that sound you hitting the door, or me accidentally detonating something?"

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"...Was that sound you hitting the door, or me accidentally detonating something?"


Bezel: "Both. You made some high-power light or fire on the other side right? Probably vaporized part of whatever's blocking this. Even doing that in open air would make a loud pop."

Bezel steps closer to the door and holds her hand close to the edge. A narrow white flame shoots out, melting the metal it touches, and Bezel slowly cuts a large rectangle.

Once finished, she places both hands on the inner section and backs away, with the section moving with her as if it was anchored to her hands.

A large number of rocks and various debris spill out of the freshly created opening, some of them glowing or molten. The blockage is enough to obstruct your view of anything beyond.

Bezel: "Well there's our problem."

Jeorg: "Do we dig now?"
7419-12-02 Tuesday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"I suppose so. Careful though, it's going to be REALLY hot.
And uh, watch out for a blast of hot air when we break through.
Bezel when we get back we seriously need to train me with this thing holy ♥♥♥♥."

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I suppose so. Careful though, it's going to be REALLY hot.
And uh, watch out for a blast of hot air when we break through.
Bezel when we get back we seriously need to train me with this thing holy ♥♥♥♥."


Bezel: "I don't think you made this rubble, if that's what you're thinking. Look."

She points forward, at roughly chest height - about three feet past the door frame seems to be the hottest part, where the molten material slowly oozes out of a small cavity.

Bezel: "That's where you cast, right?"
7419-12-02 Tuesday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"Oh.
Yeah, that, that is.
♥♥♥♥. That's too much to dig through. Guess we do have to do exactly what they want.
...What the hell did they do to bury the whole room."

Page 313 of 419 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/