View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 11:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 5808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384 ... 388  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Well - Doing it for nourishment would make it less morally objectionable, I suppose.

But, if it had been only for the body transfer experiments, at least you'd have no reason to do it after that got solved. So, I'd feel a bit better knowing people weren't at risk anymore.

Does it... Have to be humans? Or other sapient species, for that matter?"

Aldente: "Humans work best, along with chirop and lupus, but I can survive off of cows and chickens and such. Though, have you ever considered stopping your consumption of beef and poultry because they might feel bad if they're eaten?"

She stabs a meatball and bites into it, as if to make a point.
7419-12-13 Monday

Thu May 17, 2018 5:47 am

"I've thought about it, a couple times. Though you got me, it didn't actually make me stop.

...Do we, taste good? Our spirits, I mean, since I imagine that's the part you're interested in."

Fri May 18, 2018 12:17 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"I've thought about it, a couple times. Though you got me, it didn't actually make me stop.

...Do we, taste good? Our spirits, I mean, since I imagine that's the part you're interested in."

Aldente: "No, I eat the bodies too."
7419-12-13 Monday

Fri May 18, 2018 1:23 am

"Huh. Didn't quite expect that. Your main body must be rather la-

Ahem.

A-At any rate, I know what your objective is, and how you survive. What about, what you like to do? I intend on providing an enjoyable platonic date, after all."

Fri May 18, 2018 1:43 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Areku wrote:
"Huh. No, that, makes sense. Physical body, physical needs.

At any rate, I know what your objective is, and how you survive. What about, what you like to do? I intend on providing an enjoyable platonic date, after all."

Fri May 18, 2018 1:56 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Huh. No, that, makes sense. Physical body, physical needs.

At any rate, I know what your objective is, and how you survive. What about, what you like to do? I intend on providing an enjoyable platonic date, after all."

Aldente: "Designing and making puppets I guess. Have to find some way to entertain myself when everyone gets roasted by laser birds."
7419-12-13 Monday

Fri May 18, 2018 2:33 am

"Seems like you and Bezel have a thing in common after all. Though she has yet to get the hang of animating her dolls.

Though- does that mean you think the witches will end up winning the war before you find you lost kin?"

Fri May 18, 2018 2:46 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Seems like you and Bezel have a thing in common after all. Though she has yet to get the hang of animating her dolls.

Though- does that mean you think the witches will end up winning the war before you find you lost kin?"

Aldente: "I don't know. They did a lot of damage to the town of Aldente, killing or driving away the people. It was quite boring for a long while.

It doesn't seem impossible that that could happen again with another town or city."

7419-12-13 Monday

Fri May 18, 2018 3:17 am

"Fair, but a few things have changed since then. First, you've secured a new body, so you can pack up and move if the situation gets too bad.

Second - Well, we've recently proved the birds can be reasoned with. I assume it'd take a lot of effort to convince all their queens, but it's a possibility."

Fri May 18, 2018 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Mm. The soldiers down there were fighting pretty hard. Though, you probably saw plenty of that secondhand. The whole region could potentially be in danger if that frontline collapses. And I have a feeling the witches can grow bodies to throw at this conflict much faster than we can...

Depends on which side advances faster I suppose. Anti-witch weapons and technology, or laserbird tactics and evolution.

What was it like before you got, damaged?"

Fri May 18, 2018 3:58 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Mm. The soldiers down there were fighting pretty hard. Though, you probably saw plenty of that secondhand. The whole region could potentially be in danger if that frontline collapses. And I have a feeling the witches can grow bodies to throw at this conflict much faster than we can...

Depends on which side advances faster I suppose. Anti-witch weapons and technology, or laserbird tactics and evolution.

What was it like before you got, damaged?"

Aldente: "That was a very long time ago, before the Daeli were campaigning. Core beasts were loose upon the land, slaughtering whole villages, attacking towns, making life miserable for anyone who wasn't outright dead.

Beyond my telepathy and puppets, I am not very powerful. I stayed with humans, consumed their critically sick and wounded, and warned them of attacks by giving them visions, allowing them to make preparations to better defend themselves, and by extension, me.

The humans I followed would travel from place to place as their homes were destroyed. They would start a new village, and survive for several generations until forced to flee. They stayed in large towns from time to time, but I urged them out in order to avoid detection from skilled mages that protected those towns.

They eventually settled in a place to the south, struggling much until the number of beasts lowered to manageable numbers. After the threat of death was no longer constantly looming over their heads, they filled their free time with merriment, cooking, alcohol, and eventually named their town based on their food that became famous."

7419-12-13 Monday

Fri May 18, 2018 4:31 am
Loose Canon

"And then the Daeli set their sights on you as well.
So, they're responsible for both the advent of your easy life, and the ruining of it."

Fri May 18, 2018 4:34 am
Profile WWW

Quote:
So, they're responsible for both the advent of your easy life, and the ruining of it."

"Hmmm. You know... At first, I saw you as more of a predator, hunting down people for your uses. But it seems like, in some way, you had a... Partly mutually beneficial with these humans you followed. Perhaps the name Harvester was not so innacurate after all - Sowing a society to reap its sick and wounded. It makes sense you'd name yourself after the city whose foundations you laid.

I am sorry for your loss - Partly because it caused your, harvesting spree, among the military, but also because it sounds like you worked hard to create a place for yourself.

...How much DO you need to eat, though, that it'd require you to keep an entire town?"

Fri May 18, 2018 4:36 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:

"Hmmm. You know... At first, I saw you as more of a predator, hunting down people for your uses. But it seems like, in some way, you had a... Partly mutually beneficial with these humans you followed. Perhaps the name Harvester was not so innacurate after all - Sowing a society to reap its sick and wounded. It makes sense you'd name yourself after the city whose foundations you laid.

I am sorry for your loss - Partly because it caused your, harvesting spree, among the military, but also because it sounds like you worked hard to create a place for yourself.

...How much DO you need to eat, though, that it'd require you to keep an entire town?"

Aldente: "The more people there are, the less noticeable it is when someone is missing. The more people there are, the more there are people that would not be missed. I do not need an entire town to be kept fed, but it means I have to rely less on memory alteration for my actions to be unnoticed."
7419-12-13 Monday

Fri May 18, 2018 4:21 pm

"Hm. Pragmatic. With the Daeli's beast hunt going on, it would've made sense to maintain a low profile.

I imagine even being in this more civilized region is a bit dangerous to your main body, too. Enough mages around to notice if you start using your powers too often. So, where will you take your next group of followers?

I've been to the North, and things seemed pretty rough. A lot of the area south of the Lindow is controlled by a rather ruthless group of brigands, and the West is right out, considering the active battle between the birds and the Cannonade.

Hm. Perhaps you could found a fishing village along the northeast coast. The people there are pretty isolated, and could benefit from some sort of regional trade center."

Fri May 18, 2018 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384 ... 388  Next