View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:19 am



Reply to topic  [ 6521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 400, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406 ... 435  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Give a lot at first, but then slow down, like we went harder than intended. Should give Evelyn and Valerie a solid signal to track, if there's anything to track. Assuming my mana leaking isn't blotting out the sun.


Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:17 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10220
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Give a lot at first, but then slow down, like we went harder than intended. Should give Evelyn and Valerie a solid signal to track, if there's anything to track. Assuming my mana leaking isn't blotting out the sun.


You give a large burst of mana, actually struggling to keep a hold on it before choking out the source to nearly nothing.

The Priestess gives a small bow of her head and you walk back to your seat.


When it's Oliver's row to donate, he stands with the others and moves to the altar, following everyone else's actions.





Priestess Dion: "Now, let us pray to Saint Raena, so that our support may reach him."

You follow the congregation, closing your eyes and bowing your head, and waiting.





Priestess Dion: "With the last of today's service complete, I wish all of you a good night. May Saint Raena receive our prayers, and the creator Caelus watch over us all."

People in the church stand up by the dozens to leave, the atmosphere shifting from solemn to social. Valerie and Evelyn make their way through the crowd towards you, and a poke on your arm makes you turn to see Oliver is already here.



Evelyn: "Do we go back in Ingret now?"
7419-12-23 Thursday


Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:28 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4373
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"I think so, yes. Let's go spend the night calmly and wait for Matilda to contact us back."

>Smile! Don't let anyone suspect our nefarious plans. Back to Ingret!


Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Not quite yet. Let's go spend the night calmly and wait for Matilda to contact us back."

>Smile! Don't let anyone suspect our nefarious plans. Back to Ingret!


Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4373
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"I think so, yes. Let's go spend the night calmly and wait for Matilda to contact us back."

>Smile! Don't let anyone suspect our nefarious plans. Back to Ingret!


Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10220
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"I think so, yes. Let's go spend the night calmly and wait for Matilda to contact us back."

>Smile! Don't let anyone suspect our nefarious plans. Back to Ingret!



~


Back inside Ingret, the expedition team sit around a table, eating from cans of rations.

Evelyn seems a bit fidgety, as if she needs to say something, but doesn't want to initiate conversation.

Valerie: "Nice place, the town. Little too hot, and too many bugs, but the locals are friendly. Very different atmosphere from Darson, feels like it takes you back in time."
7419-12-23 Thursday


Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:25 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah, it's a nice kind of different. A break from the norm.
So, burning question, what'd you guys see?"


Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10220
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah, it's a nice kind of different. A break from the norm.
So, burning question, what'd you guys see?"


Oliver: "Not much."

Valerie looks at Evelyn, who takes a few seconds to prepare herself to speak.


Evelyn: "After everyone donated mana, during the prayer, there was, something coming from the Priestess. It wasn't an artifact, something bigger. Looked like some high level magic. I didn't want to look too close, in case someone noticed me observing."
7419-12-23 Thursday


Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:01 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Knew it. Hm.
Could you see any connection to anything? An external tendril connection maybe?"


Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:25 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10220
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Knew it. Hm.
Could you see any connection to anything? An external tendril connection maybe?"


Evelyn: "I don't know if there was a connection to anyone besides the Priestess. It looked like something, or several things, were being created by her and sent off, out of the church."
7419-12-23 Thursday


Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:42 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hm. Mana carrier spirits maybe. If she really is sending the mana to Saint Raena, then I guess that would be how. Or, if she's sending it to someone else, still probably how.
Were they moving slow enough that you could track it?"


Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:56 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10220
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. Mana carrier spirits maybe. If she really is sending the mana to Saint Raena, then I guess that would be how. Or, if she's sending it to someone else, still probably how.
Were they moving slow enough that you could track it?"


Evelyn: "Track it? Do you mean like, see where they were going?"
7419-12-23 Thursday


Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:09 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah. I'm a bit hesitant to ask the Priestess directly where the mana goes. She's been somewhat cagey about it in the past.
Wondering if we could, worst case scenario, track the spirits to their destination ourselves."


Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:17 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10220
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah. I'm a bit hesitant to ask the Priestess directly where the mana goes. She's been somewhat cagey about it in the past.
Wondering if we could, worst case scenario, track the spirits to their destination ourselves."


Evelyn: "I wasn't looking much further than the congregation area, and the things were going further than that."
7419-12-23 Thursday


Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:30 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Well, let's say you weren't stuck in the congregation area. Or even, were riding with Ingret. Could you keep up with the spirit?"


Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:36 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 400, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406 ... 435  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Areku


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.021s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]