View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:00 pm



Reply to topic  [ 6925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408 ... 462  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10426
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Evelyn, I have faith in you, and I have faith in Ingret to keep you safe.
If you think you aren't able to, or think you won't be safe, then speak now and we'll find another solution.

Bezel drove into a dying witch queen core on the back of a motorcycle to retrieve baby witchling cores, but I told her it was a stupid idea and she thought she could do it anyway, so she did.
I'm telling you I think you can do it. But since you're in the saddle, you have the right to overrule me."


Evelyn: "... I'll try."

The speakers come to life with Bezel's voice.

Ingret: "I'll avoid taking you into dangerous areas.

If there isn't anything dangerous, how far should I take Evelyn?"

7419-12-23 Thursday


Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:57 pm
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hm.
For now, turn back if it goes for longer than half an hour.
If that happens, we can prepare a bit and wait along its path for the next one. It should be a more or less nightly occurrence."


Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:51 pm
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10426
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm.
For now, turn back if it goes for longer than half an hour.
If that happens, we can prepare a bit and wait along its path for the next one. It should be a more or less nightly occurrence."


Oliver: "So we wait for the next church night."

[Timeskip]
7419-12-23 Thursday


Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4498
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Timeskip. Put our plan into action!


Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:26 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10426
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Timeskip. Put our plan into action!


~

You stand in an alleyway with the expedition team, not far from the church, the location being specifically chosen by Evelyn to intercept the flight path of the "things" as they leave the church.

Evelyn is seated in a saddle fastened to the back of Ingret's neck, while Valerie and Oliver stand by. The laserbird herself is hunched down to make herself a little less conspicuous, and so far you think everyone has manage to avoid drawing attention.

Oliver: "I guess we'll be sittin' inside Ingret listenin' to her talk?"
7419-12-24 Friday


Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4498
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"That's the plan. Safer, too, I'd rather not stay outside without Ingret."


Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah. I'm going to go sit in on the service, make a big mana donation. Hopefully that'll give you a bigger target to track."


Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10426
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah. I'm going to go sit in on the service, make a big mana donation. Hopefully that'll give you a bigger target to track."


Valerie: "One of us should stay with you. I imagine Oliver should go with Evelyn and Ingret in case the saddle needs any work, so that leaves me."
7419-12-24 Friday


Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:20 am
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Alright. You feeling pious tonight?"


Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:21 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10426
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Alright. You feeling pious tonight?"


Valerie: "Not particularly, but we would be poor bodyguards if we left you alone."
7419-12-24 Friday


Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:25 am
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hah, just a little.
Well, if I need a bodyguard during a church service something has very clearly gone horribly wrong."
> To the service.


Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:59 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10426
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hah, just a little.
Well, if I need a bodyguard during a church service something has very clearly gone horribly wrong."
> To the service.


You and Valerie head to the church, while Evelyn, Oliver, and Ingret make the final preparations for the trip.



~



Priestess Dion: "With the last of today's service complete, I wish all of you a good night. May Saint Raena receive our prayers, and the creator Caelus watch over us all."

You rise from your seat with all the others.

A large donation of mana again tonight - hopefully it's enough to give Evelyn a strong signal to follow.

Valerie: "Now we wait."
7419-12-24 Friday


Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4498
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yup."

>Timeskip. Look over to Dion here and there, see if she looks worried or suspicious. Hopefully she's not aware of our activities.


Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10426
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Yup."

>Timeskip. Look over to Dion here and there, see if she looks worried or suspicious. Hopefully she's not aware of our activities.


You remain seated in the pews as the other people slowly filter out of the church. Eventually there are only a handful of people left, most of them staff.

The Priestess walks up to the two of you, smiling.

Priestess Dion: "Good evening, Ralph. Would you be joining us for dinner tonight?"
7419-12-24 Friday


Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:01 am
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Can Valerie join as well? If so, certainly."


Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:54 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408 ... 462  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.021s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]