View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 411, 412, 413, 414, 415, 416, 417 ... 465  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah. Not sure how rapid it would be, or how improveable, but it could definitely be a long range mana transfer system. Maybe we'd need multiple techniques anyway, long distance transfer and smaller distance rapid transmission.

Ingret did say she could travel underwater. I'd like to do some testing first, but, that could be an option for actually getting out there safely.

Anyway, Matilda was very glad for all the trade goods too. I had her ask the hunters for if they knew of any nearby ruins. Wasn't sure what to trade for in terms of actual goods. She's already reported back one place, old stone ruins that are, drake infested. It's not ideal, but it could be a good spot for an actual field trip for the team.
Certainly a lot less dangerous than the other leads, if we have Ingret there to look fearsome."

Bezel: "Where are the ruins?"
7419-12-26 Sunday

Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:08 am
Loose Canon

"A little bit northwest of Raena. It's a bit in the Lindow itself, not too deep though. The hunters don't typically go there on account of all the drakes."

Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:26 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"A little bit northwest of Raena. It's a bit in the Lindow itself, not too deep though. The hunters don't typically go there on account of all the drakes."

Bezel: "Even with Ingret, that sounds dangerous. All it takes is a drake lurking in the water to take off an arm or a leg."

Oliver: "The Lindow drakes're apparently good at that, too. Bite somethin' an' then use kinetics t'spin, rip off whatever they're grabbing."

Bezel: "Would be a good idea to use the powered armor when you're exploring the area, and keep the incense ready."
7419-12-26 Sunday

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:48 am

"Yeah. If we end up going there, it'll be with our best gear and weapons. A drake might not be as deadly as the, things, we've met before, but we can't slip up.

What about you guys? Any big discoveries while we were away?"

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:13 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Yeah. If we end up going there, it'll be with our best gear and weapons. A drake might not be as deadly as the, things, we've met before, but we can't slip up.

What about you guys? Any big discoveries while we were away?"

Claire: "Nothing major on my end."

Bezel: "Been training the new guys. Going slowly, but that can't really be helped. It'll be questionable if they can ever make HM on the necessary scale, but one of them should be able to at least operate a corruption emitter properly."
7419-12-26 Sunday

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:02 am

"Mmm."

>Enjoy sandviches for a moment.

>Random thought!

"Hey Bezel - Remember the, oil rig lady? I think... Was it Miina or Liam who mentioned it during a meeting? Some sort of powerful large-scale constructor, specialized in sea structures?

I wonder if she could be involved with this whole, seawall thing. Or if she isn't, if they couldn't somehow hire her. I bet her expertise would come in handy."

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:05 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Mmm."

>Enjoy sandviches for a moment.

>Random thought!

"Hey Bezel - Remember the, oil rig lady? I think... Was it Miina or Liam who mentioned it during a meeting? Some sort of powerful large-scale constructor, specialized in sea structures?

I wonder if she could be involved with this whole, seawall thing. Or if she isn't, if they couldn't somehow hire her. I bet her expertise would come in handy."

Bezel: "Might be tricky with her Whitehawk contract, working in a hostile area. It would be worth asking her about it."

Claire: "I doubt she's currently involved. Meglunda doesn't have any large scale civilian projects very far south for obvious reasons. Sending the oil rig lady to laserbird territory where her Whitehawk contract could interfere with self-defense would be a bad idea."
7419-12-26 Sunday

Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:12 am

"Fair enough. It was mostly an idle thought, anyways.

Well. I think, maybe we should start planning a route South. This is still our strongest lead."

Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:57 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Mm. Yeah, I guess if they had a Daeli who could do that kind of heavy lifting, they wouldn't be having this problem in the first place.

Well. I think, maybe we should start planning a route South. This is still our strongest lead."

Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:58 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Mm. Yeah, I guess if they had a Daeli who could do that kind of heavy lifting, they wouldn't be having this problem in the first place.

Bezel: "Mm. You'll have to talk to Liam about the deal with the mana stones - that's probably the first part of your preparations."

[Timeskip]
[Other]
7419-12-26 Sunday

Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:20 am

>Skippy skip!

Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:20 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
>Skippy skip!

~

Monday morning, back in the office.

You mentally go over your to-do list:

-Talk to Liam about the information and mana stone trade

Hm, that's it so far.

On another note, it sounds a little more active in this area of the office, probably with all the new employees.

[See what Bezel is up to]
[See what the rest of the expedition team is up to]
[Go see Liam]
[Other]
7419-12-27 Monday

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:26 am
Loose Canon

> Hmmm... Liam first. We'll check in with the team right after that. Hopefully with good news.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:39 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Hmmm... Liam first. We'll check in with the team right after that. Hopefully with good news.

You head over to Liam's office, where you see he's busy as usual, looking at paperwork.

Liam: "Morning Ralph, welcome back. How'd the expedition go?"
7419-12-27 Monday

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:41 am

>Smile!

"Surprisingly well, considering it was the new team's first foray into our line of work. No core beast-related surprises, either.

I'll have a full report ready soon, but I wanted to talk to you beforehand. This time, we actually found a solid lead for the main project. Dion - Raena's priestess, who we mentioned in the last report - she is actually using spirit magic to transport substancial amounts of mana over very long distances. It's loaded into a sort of, artificial carrier, an arcane entity that Evelyn could detect and track, then launched towards its destination.

Now - it's not as fast as we'd hoped, Ingret was able to follow it without much trouble. However, it certainly has both range and high capacity, and is able to pass unhindered through warzones and witchlands alike. I imagine it'd be possible to use it to transmit information as well, perhaps by using telepathy on the spirit itself, or encoding letters with the amount of mana sent.

We confronted Dion about it, but she - predictably - was unwilling to part with her knowledge for free. Apparently the townsfolk believe she's using some sort of, divine power, to send the mana straight to their saint, and she'd be in considerable trouble if they found out it was just magic, especially if it's of Daeli origin.

The thing she wanted to trade for, is mana. Significant amounts of mana per day, equivalent to at least ten of the regenerating stones we extracted from the witch cores. She seems to be sending her town's mana to a constructor on the southernmost island, operating out of the Daeli fort, who's using it to repair the old seawalls. She says the reason the laserbirds are moving North is because their current territory is being ravaged by great waves and floods, and securing the coastline could reduce their need to expand towards our cities.

Now - That seems like a worthy goal, but it's still a very significant amount of resources, and possibly firepower. I'm coming to you first so you'll have time to think it over as well. We're thinking of assembling an expedition to the island first, to talk with this constructor firsthand and confirm their motives."

Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:07 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 411, 412, 413, 414, 415, 416, 417 ... 465  Next