View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6935 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421, 422 ... 463  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Dion's fancy durable cross-continental mana courier spirits?

Oh, and current plan is to depart for the southern island probably mid-week, after I do some water testing with Ingret."

Oliver: "Oh."

That seems to be that.

[Timeskip]
[Other]
7419-12-27 Monday

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:18 am

>Ship hip bippie now skippie to the flippie and go

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:05 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
>Ship hip bippie now skippie to the flippie and go

~

End of the day, and you're back in your office.

Water testing with Ingret went well enough - her practical underwater speed seems to be around 40 knots.

Higher speeds can potentially be achieved by vaporizing a small amount of water to produce a gas bubble and moving through the much lower density medium, but it seems like this technique requires a lot more practice before it can be used for longer than a few seconds.

Bezel steps into view, knocking on your doorframe.

Bezel: "Done for the day?"
7419-12-27 Monday

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:34 am

>Stretch.

“Yeah. You?”

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:09 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
>Stretch.

“Yeah. You?”

Bezel: "Yeah. Let's go grab some grub."
7419-12-27 Monday

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:17 am
Loose Canon

"I wonder how popular that phrase was before Chirop cuisine."
> Go forth, to the food!

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:35 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I wonder how popular that phrase was before Chirop cuisine."
> Go forth, to the food!

~

The two of you are seated in the familiar Kinlii's Cave, with Bezel eagerly eyeing the plates set on the table.

Waitress: "Enjoy~!"

Bezel begins to dig in, stabbing pasta-like grubs and shoving them into her mouth with gusto. You really wonder if she actually eats when you're not around.

You look down at your own plate - several buttered vegetables, and a pair of fist-sized beetles. Basically lobsters, or so you tell yourself.

Bezel: "How's the expedition team?"
7419-12-27 Monday

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:48 am
Loose Canon

"Not bad? Don't seem too pumped or timid about this trip south.
Valerie's still nursing her wounds, but not letting it stop her. Oliver's... well, I'll let you know when I can figure him out. Evelyn seems fine so far, I think she's starting to settle in. Planning on setting out mid-week, the water testing with Ingret went well today. She swims well for a city owl."

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:26 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Not bad? Don't seem too pumped or timid about this trip south.
Valerie's still nursing her wounds, but not letting it stop her. Oliver's... well, I'll let you know when I can figure him out. Evelyn seems fine so far, I think she's starting to settle in. Planning on setting out mid-week, the water testing with Ingret went well today. She swims well for a city owl."

Bezel: "Does the expedition team seem protective enough?"
7419-12-27 Monday

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:39 am
Loose Canon

"Can't vouch for their actual combat skills.
That said, Valerie's sharp as a tack. She steered me right when talking to Dion, was going to confront her about her magic just in Raena, but she made me think better of it. Namely, that it could upset a lot of believers and cause some strife. I'll be happy when she's recovered enough to be back to gunslinging.

Evelyn's still young and inexperienced and fearful, though I can't really blame her. I would be the same fresh out of school like that. But she can and did do what it takes with some prodding, I mean she rode on Ingret's back to track that courier. I think she just needs some more experience and confidence to not lock up. Doubt she'll ever reach how Valerie is, but I have a feeling she'll develop her instincts and be a good asset for telling when something's wrong. Just a hunch.

Oliver hasn't stood out much yet. Couldn't really identify any of the HM parts they had lying around in Raena, though I don't know if that's a thing normal constructors can actually, like, do. I doubt he'll really shine until we get to the 'digging in the dirt out in the wilds' bit of the job.

I think Valerie's got her mind on protection enough to manage for now, especially if we're dealing with diplomatic problems instead of toothy core beast ones."

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:54 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Can't vouch for their actual combat skills.
That said, Valerie's sharp as a tack. She steered me right when talking to Dion, was going to confront her about her magic just in Raena, but she made me think better of it. Namely, that it could upset a lot of believers and cause some strife. I'll be happy when she's recovered enough to be back to gunslinging.

Evelyn's still young and inexperienced and fearful, though I can't really blame her. I would be the same fresh out of school like that. But she can and did do what it takes with some prodding, I mean she rode on Ingret's back to track that courier. I think she just needs some more experience and confidence to not lock up. Doubt she'll ever reach how Valerie is, but I have a feeling she'll develop her instincts and be a good asset for telling when something's wrong. Just a hunch.

Oliver hasn't stood out much yet. Couldn't really identify any of the HM parts they had lying around in Raena, though I don't know if that's a thing normal constructors can actually, like, do. I doubt he'll really shine until we get to the 'digging in the dirt out in the wilds' bit of the job.

I think Valerie's got her mind on protection enough to manage for now, especially if we're dealing with diplomatic problems instead of toothy core beast ones."

Bezel: "That's good, with the next trip sounding like a diplomatic one. Annoying that it's a long trip, though.

The majority of constructors can only tell if something is HM, not what kind it is. Takes a mixture of practice and innate talent to do that. I wonder if you could possibly recruit a constructor from Raena, the ones who made the incense - would be interesting to see what else they can make."

7419-12-27 Monday

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:09 am

"...That's, actually, a very good idea. Heck, we should have tried it already - We're bringing in technology from abroad, why not manpower?

That said, we still sort of need someone who can tell core beast fragments apart. I don't imagine Claire will want to go out on expeditions much, and we can't just grab pieces at random hoping we stumble across something useful."

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"I wonder if you could. They've got enough control to make that slow burning incense HM. Considering I don't think I saw much in the way of HM goods lying around, I doubt they're strong enough to make large amounts of durable material, but you don't need that so much as precision and corruption.

But, we'd also be poaching a prized constructor from a frontier settlement with the job of making vital demon-fog-repelling incense. Would have to cut a sweet deal to get them to come with.

Side note, can you tell what HM parts are?"

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:14 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I wonder if you could. They've got enough control to make that slow burning incense HM. Considering I don't think I saw much in the way of HM goods lying around, I doubt they're strong enough to make large amounts of durable material, but you don't need that so much as precision and corruption.

But, we'd also be poaching a prized constructor from a frontier settlement with the job of making vital demon-fog-repelling incense. Would have to cut a sweet deal to get them to come with.

Side note, can you tell what HM parts are?"

Bezel: "Yeah. Has more to do with sensory ability than HM forming ability - some people can identify various bits of HM and they can't make HM.

Huh. I wonder if Claire is one of those."

7419-12-27 Monday

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:13 am

"It'd make sense, she seemed to have a sort of instinctive grasp on the functions of a lot of core parts. Though maybe that's just the result of studying witches for a long time.

We should ask her, at some point. There's a lot about her we've yet to find out."

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6935 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421, 422 ... 463  Next