View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 439, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 445 ... 465  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
> Blink.
"Go on."

Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:32 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Blink.
"Go on."

Aldente: "Her early memories are almost all gone, banished from her mind from something traumatic, so I couldn't simply dig around until I found something."

She leans in a little closer.

Aldente: "Claire gets stressed out a lot, right? Not from work, or really social factors, but environmental factors. Houses. Windows. Smells. So she drinks, and she feels better.

It all seemed very, nonspecific? Until I started experimenting, walking her around the town of Aldente. Certain buildings stressed her out more than others, depending on the condition. The perfectly intact ones were fine, as were the ones in complete ruins, but the ones that were run-down but still standing, made her heart race, adrenaline pumping.

And then the furniture, and layout of the rooms, some patterns of them made it worse than others."

Aldente leans in even closer, her voice gets quieter, and a smile slowly grows on her face.

Aldente: "I walked her through hundreds of houses, trying to find the perfect one, that would make her at her worst, to make her, see again, but something was always missing, something I couldn't find.

What was it, Ralph? What did this to her? What made her erase her own memories out of such fear?"

By now she's inches from your face, eyes wide and her smile broad with excitement.

Aldente: "What did she see?"
7419-01-03 Monday

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:00 am
Loose Canon

> Palm her face, push her back.
"My friends are not test subjects, thank you very much.

Considering she erased the memory of it, I hope we never really find out, considering it would probably require reliving it."

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:03 am
Profile WWW

>Nod, don’t change expression.

“...You don’t know. And, you’re dying to find out.

It’s interesting, you know. With your powers, and how many years you’ve lived among us, I though you’d seen and grown bored of every facet of human emotion. I thought, this whole, smug conversationalism, the grace and manners, that they were just a pantomime - Like a schal’s cheerfulness, just a way of masking their decidedly alien thought process, and convincing their prey to relax.

But you... Despite everything, you’re actually invested. Knowing the source of Claire’s trauma is unlikely to benefit you in the slightest, but you still want to know. Because you find it just so damn interesting.

In the end, we might be more alike than I assumed.

At any rate - If you’re telling me this, it’s because you were not able to find out the cause. So what do you propose? What could we do that you couldn’t?”

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:18 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Areku wrote:

It’s interesting, you know. With your powers, and how many years you’ve lived among us, I though you’d seen and grown bored of every facet of human emotion. I thought, this whole, smug conversationalism, the grace and manners, that they were just a pantomime - Like a schal’s cheerfulness, just a way of masking their decidedly alien thought process, and convincing their prey to relax.

But you... Despite everything, you’re actually invested. Knowing the source of Claire’s trauma is unlikely to benefit you in the slightest, but you still want to know. Because you find it just so damn interesting.

But.
My friends are not test subjects, thank you very much.

It was bad enough to erase the memory of it, so I hope we never really find out, especially not by forcing her to relive it."

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:19 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:

But.
My friends are not test subjects, thank you very much.

It was bad enough to erase the memory of it, so I hope we never really find out, especially not by forcing her to relive it."

As you retract your hand, you see her sheepishly grinning while adjusting her mask-hat.

Aldente: "I've seen many things through many eyes, but never that.

Claire's hometown is Ossolen, and there are ruins North of it. Perhaps she spent time there and was forced to forget. That area would certainly make an interesting expedition."

7419-01-03 Monday

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:34 am
Loose Canon

"...that was on my list of places to investigate.
Hrm. I was holding off because it would probably be dangerous, until I was better prepared. This, may be connected to Claire though.
...that changes things."

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:38 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
Hrm. I was holding off because it would probably be dangerous, until I was better prepared. Hmmmm.

If not at the other ruined town - When did you first connect to her mind, then? What attracted you to her, before you knew or her past mysteries?"

Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:55 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
TorrentHKU wrote:
Hrm. I was holding off because it would probably be dangerous, until I was better prepared. Hmmmm.

If not at the other ruined town - When did you first connect to her mind, then? What attracted you to her, before you knew or her past mysteries?"

Aldente: "There was talk among the soldiers of a core beast researcher coming to the town - certainly a distinct figure from the soldiers and medics. That was all - simply someone to break the monotony of the usual personnel."
7419-01-03 Monday

Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:54 am
Loose Canon

"Ah, happenstance.
So did you choose Claire to base your puppets off solely for her toxin resistance?

Wait. Repressed memories can still be recalled, they're just buried. But you said that you couldn't find them at all, and your abilities are not inconsiderable.
Yet you were experimenting to try and trigger a recollection?"

Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:02 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Ah, happenstance.
So did you choose Claire to base your puppets off solely for her toxin resistance?

Wait. Repressed memories can still be recalled, they're just buried. But you said that you couldn't find them at all, and your abilities are not inconsiderable.
Yet you were experimenting to try and trigger a recollection?"

Aldente: "There were few repressed memories, but many holes. Most children completely forget events in their early life, so this is not abnormal. Conditioning tends to stick around much longer.

And, as much as I don't want to admit, I am very old, yet my skills do not grow the way humans do. While I can do an absolute scan of Claire's mind to the smallest detail, it would require something more of a, dissection.

But heavens, we wouldn't want that now, would we?"

7419-01-03 Monday

Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:28 am

”Nnnno, I wouldn’t. And neither would you, it seems, as enthusiastic as you normally are when it comes to disassembling people.

...Do you have a crush on her, aside from your curiosity about her past? Because that’s what it’s starting to sound like.”

Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:33 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"No. No we would not.
I'll let you know if we ever have need of an investigative lobotomy.
Well, anyway. That's all I had. You managed to make me leave with more questions than I entered with, but hey at least there isn't some other telepathy thing on the loose down there.
...I'd feel better if you checked that out if you're in the area again, just to be certain."

Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:35 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"No. No we would not.
I'll let you know if we ever have need of an investigative lobotomy.
Well, anyway. That's all I had. You managed to make me leave with more questions than I entered with, but hey at least there isn't some other telepathy thing on the loose down there.
...I'd feel better if you checked that out if you're in the area again, just to be certain."

Aldente: "I will keep your request in mind.

Is there anything else you're curious about?"

7419-01-03 Monday

Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:44 am
Loose Canon

"Well you didn't answer my question about the toxin resistance."

Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 439, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 445 ... 465  Next