View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 6913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453 ... 461  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
> To the team!
Gotta talk to Evelyn!

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:21 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
> To the team!
Gotta talk to Evelyn!

Heading back to the office, you walk over to the conference room which currently serves as the expedition team's "office".

Valerie, Evelyn, and Oliver are all present, as expected, the first two reading while the third is napping.

Valerie immediately notices your arrival and looks up to greet you.

Valerie: "Morning Mr. Mebbit."

Evelyn: "Oh, morning."

Oliver seems to stir awake.

Oliver: "Hrr, hm?"
7419-01-03 Monday

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:31 am

”Morning! Miss Krumpet, Evelyn, Oliver. Enjoyed your weekends, I presume? Oh, I must apologise for making you miss the new year’s fireworks, the date completely slipped my mind.

Anyways - Soon we’ll be heading off to Raena, and hopefully back with Mio. Shouldn’t be too complicated, considering we’ve been there before. Hopefully Dion will be less worried now that we’ve proven to be trustworthy.”

Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:06 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
”Morning! Miss Krumpet, Evelyn, Oliver. Enjoyed your weekends, I presume? Oh, I must apologise for making you miss the new year’s fireworks, the date completely slipped my mind.

Anyways - Soon we’ll be heading off to Raena, and hopefully back with Mio. Shouldn’t be too complicated, considering we’ve been there before. Hopefully Dion will be less worried now that we’ve proven to be trustworthy.”

Valerie: "Sounds like an easy trip, hopefully. What is the plan after that?"
7419-01-03 Monday

Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:48 am
Loose Canon

"After that, next expedition spot planned is the ruins near Raena. Maybe Mio can shed some light on other places, but for now we're planning for that.
Not the only place I've got marked down, but unfortunately, the one in the Lindow is the least dangerous of them I think. Says a lot about our leads when the one in the swamp from hell is the safest one.

Before that, we need to gear up and run some drills. We've got some good gear to work with, armor of Bezel's design and a couple construct weapons too."

Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:56 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"After that, next expedition spot planned is the ruins near Raena. Maybe Mio can shed some light on other places, but for now we're planning for that.
Not the only place I've got marked down, but unfortunately, the one in the Lindow is the least dangerous of them I think. Says a lot about our leads when the one in the swamp from hell is the safest one.

Before that, we need to gear up and run some drills. We've got some good gear to work with, armor of Bezel's design and a couple construct weapons too."

Valerie: "What are the other leads, outside of the Lindow?"
7419-01-03 Monday

Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:38 am

”Nothing quite as direct as the last couple, I’m afraid, but still plenty of good sites to explore and possibly excavate.

There’s the various Daeli manors - Starting with the one in Meglunda that’s been turned into a museum, then the one west of Aldente that’s guarded by a Besthus, then the one on Giselle’s island, and finally the one dead in the middle of the Lindow. I don’t expect any of those to be very safe - Except for the museum of course.

Next, there’s the ruined towns North of Ossolen - We’ve received a hint there might be something unusual taking place there, what with the occasional disappearances and whatnot

Then, there’s an old UEN facility up the coast, in the old towns North of the Lindow. We’ve been there before, but... Well, someone or something lives in there, and it doesn’t take too kindly to strangers. Hopefully with a better armed team we should be able to explore it more thoroughly.

Finally - This last one isn’t really an expedition site per se, but - the Lawless, the large bandit group that controls the area between Ossolen and the Lindow, sometimes use construct weapons they’ve stolen or unearthed. The scouts of Raena keep tabs on their movement, and might be willing to let us know of any interesting items that show up in the area.”

Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:54 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
”Nothing quite as direct as the last couple, I’m afraid, but still plenty of good sites to explore and possibly excavate.

There’s the various Daeli manors - Starting with the one in Meglunda that’s been turned into a museum, then the one west of Aldente that’s guarded by a Besthus, then the one on Giselle’s island, and finally the one dead in the middle of the Lindow. I don’t expect any of those to be very safe - Except for the museum of course.

Next, there’s the ruined towns North of Ossolen - We’ve received a hint there might be something unusual taking place there, what with the occasional disappearances and whatnot

Then, there’s an old UEN facility up the coast, in the old towns North of the Lindow. We’ve been there before, but... Well, someone or something lives in there, and it doesn’t take too kindly to strangers. Hopefully with a better armed team we should be able to explore it more thoroughly.

Finally - This last one isn’t really an expedition site per se, but - the Lawless, the large bandit group that controls the area between Ossolen and the Lindow, sometimes use construct weapons they’ve stolen or unearthed. The scouts of Raena keep tabs on their movement, and might be willing to let us know of any interesting items that show up in the area.”

Valerie: "Wouldn't the ruins north of Ossolen be safer than the Lindow, due to it being more open? I would assume that means Ingret would be able to provide better support than if we were in a claustrophobic swamp."

Oliver: "I like the museum, let's go there."
7419-01-03 Monday

Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:24 am

”Heh, I was mostly mentioning things in no particular order, but right you are.

And - Nothing against the museum. Heck, with it being in Meglunda, we could visit it on the way to the Besthus manor.

Still, that’s all a bit in the future. No use worrying until we get all the preparations and training ready, right?”

Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:27 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"True, physical danger wise those ruins may be the safest. The problem is, the Ossolen ruins are an unknown element.
People, apparently a lot of people, have been going missing in the area, for a while. No big core beasts or great signs of struggle, that would make the news. Something is subtle or powerful enough to make intruders just, vanish. Core beasts can get ugly but we can deal with them, worst case scenario Ingret could lance them off the face of the earth from a half mile away.
Kidnappers, telepaths, sneak thieves and such, those are what really worry me. The cheater magics.

Though. I suppose dealing with that sort of thing is a specialty of yours, isn't it Valerie?"

Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:31 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"True, physical danger wise those ruins may be the safest. The problem is, the Ossolen ruins are an unknown element.
People, apparently a lot of people, have been going missing in the area, for a while. No big core beasts or great signs of struggle, that would make the news. Something is subtle or powerful enough to make intruders just, vanish. Core beasts can get ugly but we can deal with them, worst case scenario Ingret could lance them off the face of the earth from a half mile away.
Kidnappers, telepaths, sneak thieves and such, those are what really worry me. The cheater magics.

Though. I suppose dealing with that sort of thing is a specialty of yours, isn't it Valerie?"

Valerie: "It is, though I admit that I do quite a bit of research on a target and area before starting a mission.

I am completely out of my element in the Lindow, though."

Oliver: "I can do forests. Not really tried swamps. The water's a big difference, all the beasts that can hide in it."
7419-01-03 Monday

Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:44 am
Loose Canon

"Hm.
Bezel and I managed to get our hands on some sport casters constructs a while back, they have variable modes and I think one was a Radar. That may help with things hiding in the Lindow.
Actually, would be smart to get all four of us equipped with one, they're useful.

Evelyn, what are your thoughts on the expedition targets?"

Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:49 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm.
Bezel and I managed to get our hands on some sport casters constructs a while back, they have variable modes and I think one was a Radar. That may help with things hiding in the Lindow.
Actually, would be smart to get all four of us equipped with one, they're useful.

Evelyn, what are your thoughts on the expedition targets?"

Your sudden shift of attention to her seems to catch her off guard.

Evelyn: U-umm. Maybe, when we're picking up Mio, we can ask questions in Raena about the Lindow, and then ask around in Ossolen about anyone who knows more about the ruins.

That way we have some more information to make a decision?

7419-01-03 Monday

Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:44 pm
Loose Canon

"Hm. The smart move.

Let's talk to the Raena people and get an idea of what to expect in the Lindow, and do the same with Ossolen. Some aerial scouting of the locations too.
At the same time, we can get used to the constructs and casters, practice some basic tactics. That should be helpful no matter where we go with the expeditions.

Any objections to heading back to Raena tomorrow?"

Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:25 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. The smart move.

Let's talk to the Raena people and get an idea of what to expect in the Lindow, and do the same with Ossolen. Some aerial scouting of the locations too.
At the same time, we can get used to the constructs and casters, practice some basic tactics. That should be helpful no matter where we go with the expeditions.

Any objections to heading back to Raena tomorrow?"

Valerie: "No objections here."

Oliver: "Same."

Evelyn nods.

Looks like you've got an expedition tomorrow!
7419-01-03 Monday

Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 6913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453 ... 461  Next