View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:25 am



Reply to topic  [ 6936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454 ... 463  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4501
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Okay! Time to wait for our chance to corner Evelyn. Timeskip until we see her moving alone, possibly to go use the bathroom, then KABEDON her against the wall, as non-threateningly as possible.

"By the way, Evelyn, could you come to my office to discuss something?"


Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:36 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"By the way, Evelyn, could I have a quick word with you?"


Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:31 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10437
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"By the way, Evelyn, could I have a quick word with you?"


Evelyn: "Okay..."

The two of you leave and return to your own office. After closing the door and taking a seat behind your desk, you watch Evelyn as she nervously sits down across from you.
7419-01-03 Monday


Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4501
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Smile!

"Relax, you're not in trouble. Bezel told me before I can be kind of scary when talking face to face, and I guess she was right.


Anyways! I'm sure you've seen us at the Aldente. Lovely place, good food, we're friends with the owner too. And - Well, I guess you can imagine, we're on very good terms with one another.

That is... Not exactly the most, standard, thing, at the workplace. Which is why, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't spread the news around. Not yet, at least - We're not quite ready to make it public. Bezel's been stuck with a desk job, as I'm sure you've heard, and she really wants to get back on the field. If the higher ups start thinking she's just doing that to get closer to me... Well, it could get a bit difficult."


Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:15 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10437
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Smile!

"Relax, you're not in trouble. Bezel told me before I can be kind of scary when talking face to face, and I guess she was right.


Anyways! I'm sure you've seen us at the Aldente. Lovely place, good food, we're friends with the owner too. And - Well, I guess you can imagine, we're on very good terms with one another.

That is... Not exactly the most, standard, thing, at the workplace. Which is why, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't spread the news around. Not yet, at least - We're not quite ready to make it public. Bezel's been stuck with a desk job, as I'm sure you've heard, and she really wants to get back on the field. If the higher ups start thinking she's just doing that to get closer to me... Well, it could get a bit difficult."


Evelyn: "O-okay. I won't tell anyone."

While still seeming somewhat nervous, she does look determined to appear serious and sincere as well.
7419-01-03 Monday


Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4501
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"C'mon, this is a favour, not an order. I'll feel bad if you sound so nervous.

Still, thanks for agreeing. Hopefully things will go smoother in the future.

Oh! Right. One more thing. When you go to Aldente's... Try to keep telepathy use to a minimum. Just a, tip from a friend."


Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:41 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"C'mon, this is a favour, not an order. I'll feel bad if you sound so nervous.

Still, thanks for agreeing. Hopefully things will go smoother in the future."


Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:41 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10437
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"C'mon, this is a favour, not an order. I'll feel bad if you sound so nervous.

Still, thanks for agreeing. Hopefully things will go smoother in the future."


Evelyn: "Mmm..."


[Timeskip - Expedition tomorrow!]
[Other]
7419-01-03 Monday


Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4501
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Skippy!


Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:27 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10437
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Skippy!



~


The hot afternoon sun shines down as you and the expedition team walk through the town of Raena, attracting many curious looks from the villagers as usual. Approaching the church, you see Dion in front of the entrance to greet you.

Standing beside Dion is another woman, wearing a button-down shirt with rolled up sleeves and a rough pair of denim pants. Scavenged from the Lawless, perhaps?

While she looks similar to Dion, she has a more athletic build, and several scars decorate her forearms.


Dion looks happy to see your team, more so than usual.

Priestess Dion: "Welcome Ralph, Valerie, Evelyn, Oliver, Ingret."
7419-01-04 Tuesday


Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4501
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
”Hello again, Priestess. I’m glad to see you in a good mood!

And, I’ll assume you’re Miss Mio. Ralph Mebbit, pleased to meet you.”


Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10437
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
”Hello again, Priestess. I’m glad to see you in a good mood!

And, I’ll assume you’re Miss Mio. Ralph Mebbit, pleased to meet you.”


Mio: "Hi."

She sounds unenthusiastic, or tired.

Priestess Dion: "Come, let us talk inside and away from the heat."

Your party follows the Priestess and her sister into the church, and after closing the doors, everyone takes a seat in the pews.

Priestess Dion: "I have already heard news, and the reconstruction is going very well. Mio has agreed to go with you and aid in your research effort as long as she is compensated monetarily, and is provided transportation back to Raena when she is no longer needed."
7419-01-04 Tuesday


Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4501
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Seems reasonable - I would not expect her to want to work for free.

As for transportation, Ingret affords us quite a lot of freedom in that aspect. We can basically drop her off anywhere in the continent she'd like to go."


Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10437
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Seems reasonable - I would not expect her to want to work for free.

As for transportation, Ingret affords us quite a lot of freedom in that aspect. We can basically drop her off anywhere in the continent she'd like to go."


Mio: "I'm okay with Raena."

Dion smiles, waiting for a moment before continuing.

Priestess Dion: "Mio is ready to leave any time, she just needs to grab her belongings."
7419-01-04 Tuesday


Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4501
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
”Oh, there’s no rush, we still have some other business to take care of in town.

So, Mio - What’s your opinion on coming to work for UC? Is there anything you’d like to ask about?”


Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:21 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454 ... 463  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.026s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]