View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 6913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 457, 458, 459, 460, 461  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
"Not much. Asked a bit at Raena about her time on her mission, talked with her about the Lawless movements on the flight back, and that's about it.
That was the most I've seen her talk without being prompted."

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:27 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Not much. Asked a bit at Raena about her time on her mission, talked with her about the Lawless movements on the flight back, and that's about it.
That was the most I've seen her talk without being prompted."

Bezel: "How long has it been since she returned from her work in the Lawless?"
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:59 am

"With how long the trip back took...

Uh. Two days. Maybe less."

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:00 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Since yesterday.
I was trying to, well, not bother her too much while she wound down from a 12 year long mission. Maybe that was the wrong approach."

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:02 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Since yesterday.
I was trying to, well, not bother her too much while she wound down from a 12 year long mission. Maybe that was the wrong approach."

Bezel: "Maybe she needs a few weeks to wind down before jumping in on this research thing."
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:13 am
Loose Canon

"I think that's a good idea. Wind down and, hopefully remember how to interact with regular people again.
Interacting with her makes me feel like she had to change her way of thinking just to survive day to day.

...I hope she isn't harboring any resentment towards us."

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:20 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I think that's a good idea. Wind down and, hopefully remember how to interact with regular people again.
Interacting with her makes me feel like she had to change her way of thinking just to survive day to day.

...I hope she isn't harboring any resentment towards us."

Bezel: "We'll see after she's had some time to settle in.

For your next expedition - exploring the Lindow by air isn't going to work. How does going by foot look? Is the terrain something the construct suits can handle?"

7419-01-04 Wednesday

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:34 am
Loose Canon

"Probably not on their own. One of the items that hunters pretty much always carry is a folding canoe, which tells me that things are bad enough to frequently need a canoe. And it really didn't look like the one she gave us would hold up to the weight of the construct.
Oh, that reminds me, she gave us a canoe and a heat stone, as a partial repayment for the sewing machines. She's happy to right the trade imbalance there, so I think we should hold off on bringing more stuff so that she doesn't feel overloaded.

Uh, anyway. Maybe with a major raft or pontoon boat we could navigate well. Honestly I don't know how expansive or deep the waters are. We didn't want to venture in and find out ourselves without prep. Wish I'd asked someone now."

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:52 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Probably not on their own. One of the items that hunters pretty much always carry is a folding canoe, which tells me that things are bad enough to frequently need a canoe. And it really didn't look like the one she gave us would hold up to the weight of the construct.
Oh, that reminds me, she gave us a canoe and a heat stone, as a partial repayment for the sewing machines. She's happy to right the trade imbalance there, so I think we should hold off on bringing more stuff so that she doesn't feel overloaded.

Uh, anyway. Maybe with a major raft or pontoon boat we could navigate well. Honestly I don't know how expansive or deep the waters are. We didn't want to venture in and find out ourselves without prep. Wish I'd asked someone now."

Bezel: "What do we know about the actual site? Seems like a lot of trouble to go through if it's just some old nondescript village."
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:04 am

”Well - The description was essentially a series of stone structures half-sunk in the swamp. I realise it’s not much to go on, but as employees of UC - No, as archaeologists, we have a duty to map and explore every available dig site we can possibly get to.”

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:59 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
”Well - The description was essentially a series of stone structures half-sunk in the swamp. I realise it’s not much to go on, but as employees of UC - No, as archaeologists, we have a duty to map and explore every available dig site we can possibly get to.”

Bezel: "A duty to explore dig sites that benefit the project."
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:06 am

”All dig sites potentially benefit the project until we’ve proven otherwise!”

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:10 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"...ok yeah I might be losing sight of the goal with this one. It seemed like an easy target, but an easy low value target is still low value.
And the Lindow is not easy.

Hm. I'll think about our options for now. Ossolen is, looking more appealing."

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:14 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"...ok yeah I might be losing sight of the goal with this one. It seemed like an easy target, but an easy low value target is still low value.
And the Lindow is not easy.

Hm. I'll think about our options for now. Ossolen is, looking more appealing."

Bezel: "The Daeli manors are probably all high-value, but are all probably worse than the Lindow ruins.

Tell me when you figure out a location.

Valerie, if you could come up with a selection of arms you think would be suitable for the entire team, we can run that by Liam and get everyone equipped before the expedition."

Valerie: "Yes ma'am."

Bezel sluggishly stands up from her seat and heads for the door.

Bezel: "I need to go make sure my replacements aren't blowing anything up."

She exits the conference room, leaving you to your expedition team.
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:30 am
Loose Canon

"...
Alright. The Raena ruins are, too low reward and high risk for now. So, we'll go for the ones north of Ossolen next instead. Those we should at least be able to actually scout from the air.

In addition to the guns, I'd like to get us all outfitted with a sport caster, and some armor if Bezel can swing manufacturing it. I'd also like to get us outside and practicing with the equipment to familiarize ourselves; guns, casters, armor, and the armor constructs. We've got a few types of casters on hand, we'll figure out what the best fit for everyone is.
Valerie, I've already got a 14mm rifle, haven't practiced much with it, so factor that in for your gun deliberation."

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 457, 458, 459, 460, 461  Next