View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:14 pm



Reply to topic  [ 6969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 461, 462, 463, 464, 465  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Disassemble? Haven't tried that one. First guess is it unscrews screws and pops open panels, but I don't actually know. These are for sport, so I dont think it will be anything too dangerous.
Oliver, can you make a box for us to cast this on?"


Oliver: "Yah."

He forms a box with latches, to hold on a separate pieces that serves as the lid.

After placing the box near a target, Evelyn slots a disassembly card into her gauntlet and hesitates for a moment.

A blur of motion speeds through the air out of the gauntlet like a kinetic bolt, and impact the box.

The box's latches immediately flip open and the lid pops up into the air, only to fall back down and clatter on the box below.


Evelyn: "I guess it's pretty self-explanatory."

Oliver: "What happens if you shoot a person with that?"

Evelyn: "Their spirit should protect them from any direct magic, so maybe it, undresses them?"
7419-01-05 Thursday


Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:33 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hm. If it works on guns, that could be very useful. I'd like to try that, but uh... I don't really want to risk exploding one of our guns."


Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:43 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. If it works on guns, that could be very useful. I'd like to try that, but uh... I don't really want to risk exploding one of our guns."


Bezel: "Here, use mine."

Bezel draws her pistol and, after dropping the magazine and clearing the chamber, mounts it to one of the targets by sticking an HM pin through the trigger guard.

Evelyn takes aim at the new target and fires, and as expected, the pistol explodes into a shower of parts.

Valerie: "That seems like a complicated spell for something that can be cast on demand, doesn't it?"

Evelyn: "Yes. Not just bolt throwers - radar, shielding. Hm."
7419-01-05 Thursday


Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:09 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah. The bigger the machine the more mana it needs, and if it's constructed strangely it might not work. But even so, that's really powerful."


Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:33 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah. The bigger the machine the more mana it needs, and if it's constructed strangely it might not work. But even so, that's really powerful."


The pistol parts float up from the grass and towards Bezel, who gathers them up and begins reassembling her gun. The others try out the other card caster spells, familiarizing themselves with the arsenal.



Bezel: "Ready to try out the military constructs?"
7419-01-05 Thursday


Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:16 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"The main attraction. Can you and Oliver throw up some cover real quick? I, dont think we've ever actually fired these before, I have no idea what kind of weapon it has."
> Get one of the constructs ready and equip it, but dont do anything else until everyone is safe.


Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"The main attraction. Can you and Oliver throw up some cover real quick? I, dont think we've ever actually fired these before, I have no idea what kind of weapon it has."
> Get one of the constructs ready and equip it, but dont do anything else until everyone is safe.


Bezel: "Yup."

Bezel and Oliver work to build a wall of HM, complete with small windows.

Once everyone else gets behind the structure, you grab the handle of one of the constructs and thumb the power switch.

The machine hums to life, with the matte green outer panels on the pod separating and floating towards you, settling into a suit of armor. A black oil liquid also flows underneath the panels, solidifying into a rubberized suit.

What remains in your hands is a futuristic-looking rifle with a sleek, geometric form.

Something that's new is the visual display now in your vision, showing the current mana supply, armor integrity, point of aim, and fire mode.

There's a new switch on the rifle, which was exposed after the armor panels detached. It has three positions, and the fire mode display changes accordingly - SINGLE, AUTOMATIC, and EXPLOSIVE

Aiming at one of the targets, you set the fire mode on Single and pull the trigger.

The target explodes into a spray of cardboard fragments, and a splattering of dirt and grass burst out from the hill behind.
7419-01-05 Thursday


Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Well... Looks to be some sort of, kinetic bolt I guess?"

>Check how much our mana supply changed, to have an idea of the operating time of the suit's built-in stones.


Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Damn. Well that's single, let's try auto."

>Check how much our mana supply changed, to have an idea of the operating time of the suit's built-in stones.

> Then switch to auto and aim for another target. What's the recoil like on that?


Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:24 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
Areku wrote:
"Damn. Well that's single, let's try auto."

>Check how much our mana supply changed, to have an idea of the operating time of the suit's built-in stones.

> Then switch to auto and aim for another target. What's the recoil like on that?


Switching it to Auto, you take aim at another target and hold the trigger, firing off a barrage of pinpoint-accurate shots. Despite the force of the projectiles blasting apart and the hillside, you feel absolutely no recoil from the weapon.
7419-01-05 Thursday


Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"...Well.

Did I ever mention magic is overpowered? Because it is. This thing can fire off kinetic bolts like there's no tomorrow, yet it doesn't move an inch when I pull the trigger."


Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"...Well.

Did I ever mention constructs are overpowered? Because they is. This thing can fire off kinetic bolts like there's no tomorrow, yet it doesn't move an inch when I pull the trigger."

"Ok, so those were Single and Auto.
Now I'm gonna try Explosive. Brace yourselves."

> Aim a bit further off, count down from 3, fire.


Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
Areku wrote:
"...Well.

Did I ever mention constructs are overpowered? Because they is. This thing can fire off kinetic bolts like there's no tomorrow, yet it doesn't move an inch when I pull the trigger."

"Ok, so those were Single and Auto.
Now I'm gonna try Explosive. Brace yourselves."

> Aim a bit further off, count down from 3, fire.


Aiming at a further hill, but still making sure there's nothing important behind it, you switch the rifle to Explosive and pull the trigger.

A faint hissing sound emits from the rifle which lasts all of a split second, and then a loud explosion roars out from the hillside, spraying the area with debris.

What remains is a crater about three feet wide, fresh soil and rocks exposed.


Looking at your mana indicator, it seems like you could fire off maybe a hundred explosive shots before energy starts becoming an issue. Normal rounds, maybe hours of shooting before you'd have to consider stopping.


Valerie: "That seems pretty effective."

Oliver: "Better than guns for manticore huntin', maybe."
7419-01-05 Thursday


Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:24 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Assuming it hits? Way better. The manticore we faced, those guns would dissuade it. This thing would kill it.
Ok. Gonna try moving around in this, see how agile I am. Why don't one of you hop in the other suit?"


Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:43 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Assuming it hits? Way better. The manticore we faced, those guns would dissuade it. This thing would kill it.
Ok. Gonna try moving around in this, see how agile I am. Why don't one of you hop in the other suit?"


Valerie: "You should give it a try, Evelyn."

Evelyn: "Okay..."

She walks up to the other construct under Bezel's supervision, and a flip of a switch later and the geometric plates flee from the pod and encase Evelyn in armor.

While Evelyn takes a few practice shots at the shredded remnants of the targets, you run around the field to get a feel for the suit in motion. It doesn't feel like it lets you run any faster, but the armor and gun feel weightless, moving with you rather than you carrying them.

Evelyn soon joins you in mobility tests, running and jumping around to see how far the armor can be pushed.


Evelyn: "Where did you get these? Did Bezel make them?"
7419-01-05 Thursday


Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:29 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 461, 462, 463, 464, 465  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.022s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]