View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 7542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 467, 468, 469, 470, 471, 472, 473 ... 503  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
”Alright then. Catch up with you soon.”

>On to Grasstown! Find a reasonably-priced and reasonably comfortable inn or tavern close to the city center, rent ourselves a room to use as base. Consider our options for information-seeking. Are there any libraries in town? Perhaps ask the local guards, or maybe Claire’s parents?

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:37 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
”Alright then. Catch up with you soon.”

>On to Grasstown! Find a reasonably-priced and reasonably comfortable inn or tavern close to the city center, rent ourselves a room to use as base. Consider our options for information-seeking. Are there any libraries in town? Perhaps ask the local guards, or maybe Claire’s parents?

Heading into Ossolen, you take a look around the city - many of the buildings are of stone construction, some with newer levels of brick built above, while newer buildings tend to be mostly brick. The roads are narrow with many people out and about, with a fairly high chirop population - maybe fifty percent. Boisterous bars and shops of various trinkets are a common sight, and open-air vendors are encountered every few blocks, giving the whole place an atmosphere like those of your old books.

An inn close to the center is located and you rent two rooms - one for you and Oliver, and one for Valerie and Evelyn. Your team meets up in the dining area on the lower level and consider options for gathering information.

There are most likely libraries, but you're not sure where they are or what you hope to gleam from them. Local guards - you suppose you could ask a nearby police station. You know pretty much nothing about Claire's family, so that's not an option.

Oliver: "Find an archive of newspapers. See who disappeared trying to go to the ruins. Ask their friends if they know anything."

Valerie: "Bet there're plenty of people in bars passing stories back and forth, could check out a few and ask around."

Evelyn: "We could visit the Guild's headquarters, I'm sure they've had some people attempting to go to the ruins."
7419-01-16 Monday

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:55 am
Loose Canon

"Heh. Each playing to your strengths.
All sound solid, but the Guild and any libraries or insitutions that would have good archives are probably closed, so for tonight I think it wouldn't hurt to just stay here, get some food, and maybe see if anyone here likes talking."

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:33 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Heh. Each playing to your strengths.
All sound solid, but the Guild and any libraries or insitutions that would have good archives are probably closed, so for tonight I think it wouldn't hurt to just stay here, get some food, and maybe see if anyone here likes talking."

Valerie: "Seems a bit quiet here, but we'll see."

[Timeskip]
[Other]
7419-01-16 Monday

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:46 am
Loose Canon

"If we don't find anything here, we don't find anything. We've got time."
> Skiptime

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:24 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"If we don't find anything here, we don't find anything. We've got time."
> Skiptime

~

A few people sit down at the bar or tables and Valerie manages to chat all of them up, but not a whole lot of information is gained.

The hermit is apparently a blind old lady that constantly tells people to stay away from the northern ruins, that nothing good comes out of going there, but doesn't appear to know anything about the place herself. She lives alone, and rumour has it that she lost her family to the ruins in some manner, whether they traveled there and never returned, or she was the only one able to flee south.

Not the tastiest scoop of information, but better than nothing.

As the sky turns dark, fewer and fewer of the tavern patrons appear in the dining area.

Oliver: "Gettin' late. We callin' it a night?"

Valerie: "Ya."

The gunslinger has her elbow on the table, propping her head up with a hand. She's downed quite a few mugs during the course of the evening, and-

Valerie: "Think I'm at my limit."
7419-01-16 Monday

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:18 am
Loose Canon

"Not surprised.
You're a better bar charmer than I could be, so nice work.
Make sure she drinks some water before bed, Evelyn."
> Bed time. Inns are not the place for weird accordion music, so just do magic practice before bed.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:23 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Not surprised.
You're a better bar charmer than I could be, so nice work.
Make sure she drinks some water before bed, Evelyn."
> Bed time. Inns are not the place for weird accordion music, so just do magic practice before bed.

~

Lying in bed, you practice your light magic, trying to keep it dim so it doesn't disturb Oliver, who's across the room.

Oliver: "Haven't ya heard of not practicin' before bed?"
7419-01-16 Monday

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:27 am
Loose Canon

"Heard of not eating, never been told there's a bad time for practice. I can stow it if it's keeping you up."

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:31 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Heard of not eating, never been told there's a bad time for practice. I can stow it if it's keeping you up."

Oliver: "You castin' in your sleep'll keep me up. Get too into the zone, an' your mind forgets to shut off magic when you sleep."
7419-01-16 Monday

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:36 am
Loose Canon

"...♥♥♥♥, that's a thing? Damn, learn something new I'm doing wrong with magic every day."

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:37 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"...♥♥♥♥, that's a thing? Damn, learn something new I'm doing wrong with magic every day."

Oliver "Maybe ya need a teacher or somethin', could look around the Guild."

He rolls in his bed to face away, probably ready to get some sleep.

[Timeskip]
[Other]
7419-01-16 Monday

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:26 am

>Roll over to timeskip and sleep, but keep my ears perked for the sounds of Valerie and Evelyn smooching on the next room over.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:28 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
>Roll over to timeskip and sleep, but keep my ears perked for the sounds of Valerie and Evelyn smooching on the next room over.

~

Your team gathers in the tavern's dining area, ready for information-gathering. Valerie seems alright - seems like she managed to keep herself from going over the edge into hangover territory.
7419-01-17 Tuesday

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:49 am
Loose Canon

"Alright, today's plan.
I'm much more familiar with libraries than the Guild, so I'll stick to that and search some news archives. I figure Oliver will want to do that to.
So, Valerie and Evelyn I'd say you two ask the Guild if they have any info, and the local guard or militia if nothing turns up from that."

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 467, 468, 469, 470, 471, 472, 473 ... 503  Next