View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 8928 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 487, 488 ... 596  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
"Some sort of large carrion feeder, maybe? I'm inclined to think there wasn't a fight, or there'd be more damage to the pews.

Hmm. Let's keep going."

>Continue to descend - If the eaters are passive, it means there's not likely to be other core beasts or constructs around, so we should be reasonably safe. Look for more sheltered areas, where people might have taken shelter, like priests' quarters or cellars.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:56 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Some sort of large carrion feeder, maybe? I'm inclined to think there wasn't a fight, or there'd be more damage to the pews.

Hmm. Let's keep going."

>Continue to descend - If the eaters are passive, it means there's not likely to be other core beasts or constructs around, so we should be reasonably safe. Look for more sheltered areas, where people might have taken shelter, like priests' quarters or cellars.

Descending down to the lower level, you explore the building.

The wings have several rooms, and you look through each one, finding them empty.

On the last, you open the door to find a large charred spot in the center of the room, and a blackened corpse in the middle of it.

The room is a bit scarce as far as furniture goes - just a bed, wardrobe, and desk.

On the desk is an old fountain pen, inkwell, and piece of paper.
7419-01-19 Thursday

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:27 am

>...

>Sidestep charred remains. Look at paper.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:29 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Well at least one isn't just bones."
Areku wrote:
>...

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:29 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Well at least one isn't just bones."

>...

Side-stepping the remains and walking to the desk, you look at the paper.

The masses have been taken by a violent madness, from some chemical remnant from the war or a scheme by the Devil herself I do not know. People are being dragged from their homes by mobs to be beat to death and dismembered.

Caelus forgive me, I will not let them take me alive.

7419-01-19 Thursday

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:55 am
Loose Canon

"Fffuuuucking hell."
> Read the paper to the others.
"That doesn't sound like any chemical I've heard of."

Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:01 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Fffuuuucking hell."

You read the paper to the others.

TorrentHKU wrote:
"That doesn't sound like any chemical I've heard of."

Valerie: "I've heard plenty of rumours regarding the UEN's technological prowess and their ruthlessness in applying that to warfare, so I wouldn't write off some chemical weapon being responsible.

At the very least, this is a significant piece of information, even if it raises more questions."

7419-01-19 Thursday

Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:17 am

”One more reason for us to be on alert. If anyone starts feeling, murderous, please let us know ASAP.”

>Out onto the street? Not too far at first, scope out buildings that could be of interest.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:48 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
”One more reason for us to be on alert. If anyone starts feeling, murderous, please let us know ASAP.”

>Out onto the street? Not too far at first, scope out buildings that could be of interest.

Oliver: "Will do."

Your team exits the church and walks into a nearby apartment complex, finding it in a similar state as the church - bones strewn about with no signs of clothes or gore, a stray corruption eater here and there. There don't appear to be any curtains, and the floor is wood - most likely never any carpets to begin with.

No useful notes in this one.

Valerie: "This explains the lack of visible bodies from the air - they all must be inside. The people Ingret saw wandering around Teirce - I guess they're the surviving, mind-altered people."
7419-01-19 Thursday

Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:11 am
Loose Canon

"That's odd though. People being dragged outside to be beaten and dismembered - which explains some of the disheveled bones too - but now years later no remnants of people laying outside. Did the crazed people drag all the bodies and parts back inside?"

Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:22 am
Profile WWW

”...At least whoever is responsible did a great job of cleaning up. This sort of, cleanliness, is something I’d associate with millenia-old cairns and graves, not the remains of a relatively recent massacre.

The lack of fabric is bizarre, as well - this was a textile hub, there’d be an abundant supply of upholstery. But it’s not simply decayed, it’s just, gone.

Could the HM eaters have absorbed it? But that wouldn’t make sense, it’d take a very skilled mage to weave threads out of-

I am not saying it was schals. But it might be schals.”

Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:26 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"That's odd though. People being dragged outside to be beaten and dismembered - which explains some of the disheveled bones too - but now years later no remnants of people laying outside. Did the crazed people drag all the bodies and parts back inside?"

Areku wrote:
”...At least whoever is responsible did a great job of cleaning up. This sort of, cleanliness, is something I’d associate with millenia-old cairns and graves, not the remains of a relatively recent massacre.

The lack of fabric is bizarre, as well - this was a textile hub, there’d be an abundant supply of upholstery. But it’s not simply decayed, it’s just, gone.

Could the HM eaters have absorbed it? But that wouldn’t make sense, they'd need either a lot of good constructors which would be a waste, or a lot of HM weaving machinery.”

Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:29 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:

Could the HM eaters have absorbed it? But that wouldn’t make sense, they'd need either a lot of good constructors which would be a waste, or a lot of HM weaving machinery.”

Oliver: "Makin; fabric out of HM is pretty impractical, but I'm not sure how else t'explain the lack of fabric everywhere."
7419-01-19 Thursday

Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:40 am

”...You know.

Claire, mentioned a thing, awhile ago. About, there being frequent sightings of schals, North of Ossolen.

Trying to farm schals for their fabric sounds like, the worst idea I’ve heard in a long while, but it could produce large amounts of HM textiles. And would explain the flesh being consumed, to a point, assuming the raging mobs were actually puppeted bodies.”

Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:44 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Ehh, if there were a lot of cotton plants around here or something, some bugs that feed on them naturally might have moved in and found a buffet?
Making stabs in the dark on that one. Maybe something else will shed more light on it.
Claire DID say that Schals live in the forests around here. Not in high numbers, but if someone were crazy enough to capture some and start a breeding program, then harvest the cores and hook them up to looms... That might've been it. Then again, producing oodles of not just cloth, but quality HM cloth almost definitely would've gotten a mention in our research.

Hm. We should find a place of interest. A shell impact crater, a production center, a town hall maybe, a hospital. Somewhere where Things Happened. Hospital might have records from trying to treat the madness."

Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8928 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 487, 488 ... 596  Next