View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 8554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 484, 485, 486, 487, 488, 489, 490 ... 571  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Sounds like a victim of the mobs then."
> Any trail of destruction leading around the rooms? Especially something starting at where the person who was shot was.

From your current position, you look around for some sort of trail.

All of the knocked over animals and pushed tables form a crude trail to the front door.
7419-01-19 Thursday

Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:43 am

”...So I’m thinking, either a crazed person ran in, got shot by the owner and ran out, or the taxidermist got shot by a crazed person and ran out.

Either way, the streets were definitely not safe at that time, so we should check where they could have hid. Maybe the apartment upstairs?”

Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:29 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
”...So I’m thinking, either a crazed person ran in, got shot by the owner and ran out, or the taxidermist got shot by a crazed person and ran out.

Either way, the streets were definitely not safe at that time, so we should check where they could have hid. Maybe the apartment upstairs?”

Leaving the shop, you open the other nearby door, with a staircase immediately inside.

Walking up the creaky stairs, you round the corner at the top.

A short hallway with several rooms on the sides - a tiny kitchen, dining room, and living room on the left, a bathroom on the right, and bedrooms further down on both sides.

In the kitchen is a complete skeleton, unlike the scattered bones in other houses.
7419-01-19 Thursday

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:03 am
Loose Canon

"Well that's different."
> Check the other rooms quickly, then come back and examine the skeleton. Any small chips? Anything indicative of what it was doing?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:13 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Well that's different."
> Check the other rooms quickly, then come back and examine the skeleton. Any small chips? Anything indicative of what it was doing?

You check the other rooms quickly - three bedrooms, one appearing to be the room for the husband and wife of the house, and two smaller bedrooms for children. All of them appear to be missing sheets, and one of them has a smashed in window - possibly where a corruption eater entered?

Heading back out to the kitchen to check out the skeleton, you see Valerie already kneeling beside it.

It's face-down, though you can make out some noticeable cracks and missing fragments on one side of the skull.

Valerie: "Looks like it took a direct shot to the face. No exit wounds, buckshot again probably."

She brings her head to the ground, carefully looking at the skull.

Valerie: "Front of the skull is just blown in."

Evelyn: "This lady looks like Claire."

In the living room is a bare framework of what used to be a couch and an end table beside it, where Evelyn is crouched looking at a picture frame.

Evelyn: "Claire Taxi. Taxidermist. That's just a coincidence, right?"
7419-01-19 Thursday

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:43 am
Loose Canon

"No, no it is not. Claire told me once she came from a long line of taxidermists, and I don't think she was just ♥♥♥♥ with me.
The timing's wrong for it to be her, but her grandma or mother...
Let me see?"
> View picture.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:54 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"No, no it is not. Claire told me once she came from a long line of taxidermists, and I don't think she was just ♥♥♥♥ with me.
The timing's wrong for it to be her, but her grandma or mother...
Let me see?"
> View picture.

Evelyn scoots over and you crouch down to the end table to take a look.

A picture of a woman on a small field, sitting in a chair, with a man standing behind her, hand on her shoulder.

The woman looks almost exactly like Claire - the long brunette hair, the shape of her face, the sizable chest.

There's another framed picture on the table - an indoor scene, with the man and woman again, along with two small girls.
7419-01-19 Thursday

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:08 am

"This'd be from about... 40 years ago. Claire is what, 26? So, the woman would be her grandmother, and the two girls, her mother and aunt? We should run it by her, to confirm.

Let's take the pictures, I think, she'd probably like to see those.

...Hm. I wonder how they managed to escape the city. Colin, let's step out for a moment and check the store again, this apartment's too cramped for construct armor. Val, Evelyn, look around for documents or messages. If the photos survived without much damage, there's a good chance something else did."

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:16 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Yeah, no way that's coincidence. Unless something's real screwy, then Claire is almost definitely one of the children.
Hm. Childhood home, family had to flee during the shelling? Young enough that the trauma could cause some of the memories to be repressed. Let's take those, Claire would probably want to see them.

...Hm. I wonder how they managed to escape the city. Oliver, let's step out for a moment and check the store again, this apartment's too cramped for construct armor. Val, Evelyn, look around for documents or messages. If the photos survived without much damage, there's a good chance something else did."

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:21 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah, no way that's coincidence. Unless something's real screwy, then Claire is almost definitely one of the children.
Hm. Childhood home, family had to flee during the shelling? Young enough that the trauma could cause some of the memories to be repressed. Let's take those, Claire would probably want to see them.

...Hm. I wonder how they managed to escape the city. Oliver, let's step out for a moment and check the store again, this apartment's too cramped for construct armor. Val, Evelyn, look around for documents or messages. If the photos survived without much damage, there's a good chance something else did."

Valerie: "Understood."

You and Oliver leave the apartment and return to the shop level to look around some more.

While it looks like all the tools and chemicals for the taxidermy process are present, if a bit unusable due to age, there doesn't appear to be a lot of information present. The newspapers that are around seem to have been soaked in glue and applied to frames for taxidermy mounts, with unused papers appearing to be large numbers of copies with only local news, and nothing appearing to talk about the war.

~

Valerie and Evelyn soon return with an old suitcase.

Valerie: "Not much paperwork in the house. There are a few empty drawers that most likely were emptied when the occupants fled, or attempted to flee.

We have the picture frames in here, and a diary from one of the children I believe."

7419-01-19 Thursday

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:04 am

”That could be useful, might have some more precise dates in there. Alright, let’s pack it up and head for the next place of interest - the library, probably, to look for surviving newspapers and records.”

>Get in contact with Ingret, either via radio or using Evelyn as a relay.

“Ingret, think you could set up one of your cameras to work standalone? There might be things worth photographing or recording in there.”

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:19 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
”That could be useful, might have some more precise dates in there. Alright, let’s pack it up and head for the next place of interest - the library, probably, to look for surviving newspapers and records.”

Ingret is keeping watch from the roof of the building across the street, and you use the radio built into your suit to talk to her.

Areku wrote:
“Ingret, think you could set up one of your cameras to work standalone? There might be things worth photographing or recording in there.”

Ingret: "How would you use it? Can you connect it to your head?"
7419-01-19 Thursday

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:13 am

”Heh, I can’t say I’m an expert on how your HM works. Ideally it’d record things and you could reconnect it and see them later, or maybe you could use telepathy to look at them in real time, though I’m not sure how feasible that is.

It’s not critical, but give the idea some thought if you can. Photographic and film evidence were very useful in the expedition where we first found you.”

>To the library! RECORDS and INFORMATION await!

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:27 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Nnno, we can't. Hm. Can you make hard copies like photos, or permanent recordings even?"

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:10 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Nnno, we can't. Hm. Can you make hard copies like photos, or permanent recordings even?"

Ingret: "No."
7419-01-19 Thursday

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 484, 485, 486, 487, 488, 489, 490 ... 571  Next