View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 8500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501 ... 567  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
"Felt long. Lots of talking to people. You, Claire, Liam.
Sorted through the sundering tomes, a couple that Miina's team might like.
Gonna crack open the seals on the cases of those manuscript pages after I get everything prepped to re-seal them. Ancient documents are delicate.
Overall, less exciting than the actual exploration of the ruins.

How 'bout you? A little bird told me you've been work-binging again."

Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:32 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Felt long. Lots of talking to people. You, Claire, Liam.
Sorted through the sundering tomes, a couple that Miina's team might like.
Gonna crack open the seals on the cases of those manuscript pages after I get everything prepped to re-seal them. Ancient documents are delicate.
Overall, less exciting than the actual exploration of the ruins.

How 'bout you? A little bird told me you've been work-binging again."

Bezel: "The production line for the microchip project has had everyone busy lately. Have to get more of the photo-etching plates made, help figure out how we're going to take microchips from from being a lab-built thing to a fast, cheap production line with good QC, what processes need a controlled environment and how we transport things from one phase to another, what can be made of physical materials and what needs HM.

Still looking for a constructor with the right HM properties that can be used as fuel for the corruption beam emitter, so a lot of searching, a few interviews.

Getting the current guys trained up and working on prototypes on beam emitters and making new plates. I do a lot of the current prototype work for general machines, would be good if the guys in my team could be expanded to that.

Just, lot of stuff."

7420-01-21 Friday

Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:14 am

"Heh. I can't say I envy your position, interesting as your work may be.

But hey, at least you're home now. And I'm not about to let you do anything other than enjoy yourself, this weekend.

Oh, also - I met Aldente on the street, today."

Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:55 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Heh. I can't say I envy your position, interesting as your work may be.

But hey, at least you're home now. And I'm not about to let you do anything other than enjoy yourself, this weekend.

Oh, also - I met Aldente on the street, today."

Bezel: "Did you talk to her?"
7420-01-21 Friday

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:02 am

"Yeah. Seems like, she isn't eating people anymore? Or at least she hinted as much.

Also, she was... Very, interested in the things we found up North. I mentioned the cloaked stranger and she looked, almost scared, I guess?

She's worried it might be a stronger variant of schals, one that her people had fought with before, and that she thought was extinct.

OH. Right. When you get a chance, please do a once over on my mind. I'm pretty sure she scanned through my memories at some point in the conversation, I'd like to make sure she didn't plant a bug in there."

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:10 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Yeah. Seems like, she isn't eating people anymore? Or at least she hinted as much.

Also, she was... Very, interested in the things we found up North. I mentioned the cloaked stranger and she looked, almost scared, I guess?

She's worried it might be a stronger variant of schals, one that her people had fought with before, and that she thought was extinct.

OH. Right. When you get a chance, please do a once over on my mind. I'm pretty sure she scanned through my memories at some point in the conversation, I'd like to make sure she didn't plant a bug in there."

Bezel looks concerned, and gets up from her seat, walking over to you and resting a hand on your head.

Bezel: "Nothing seems off."

She crouches down, looking at your mana stone belt pouch.

Bezel: "It doesn't seem like she set off the telepathy guard."

Oh, right - after you lost your old mana stone pouch, you remember Bezel making you a new one with an integrated corruption-based telepathy-blocker, with only basic communication allowed to get through.

Bezel: "We know Aldente can break through corruption, but I don't think we've seen her get around detection yet. What makes you think she scanned your memories?"
7420-01-21 Friday

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:23 am

"She touched my arm, and I felt... I'm not sure, almost like a shiver or tingle. I'd have brushed it off as a gut feeling, but the action seemed very overt, almost uncharacteristically so.

Plus, afterwards, she didn't ask me anything else about what I'd seen, when she had been dying to know just moments before. I think she was actually worried, to just drop any pretense of stealth and act so bluntly."

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:33 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"She touched my arm, and I felt... I'm not sure, almost like a shiver or tingle. I'd have brushed it off as a gut feeling, but the action seemed very overt, almost uncharacteristically so.

Plus, afterwards, she didn't ask me anything else about what I'd seen, when she had been dying to know just moments before. I think she was actually worried, to just drop any pretense of stealth and act so bluntly."

Bezel: "Hm."

She goes back to her seat, resuming her meal while thinking.

Bezel: "Do you remember in her experimentation book, how she was storing SBCs in modified humans?"
7420-01-21 Friday

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:37 am

"Hard to forget that, especially with the accompanying pictures."

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:38 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Hard to forget that, especially with the accompanying pictures."

Bezel: "That implied she has access to bio magic in some manner. And I don't think she's ever had to touch someone to use telepathy on them.

I wonder if she can perform direct magic, and was scanning your body for schals? And physical contact with one of her puppets is required."

7420-01-21 Friday

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:41 am

"...Sheesh. On one hand, that is good to know - She could come in very handy if someone needs emergency care.

On the other, mind control, puppet creation AND bio magic? I'm gonna have to call the RPG company and tell them to bump up the Porcellain Enchantress to a lv18 encounter.

I just uh, hope I'm not slowly turning into another Aldente now."

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:50 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"...Sheesh. On one hand, that is good to know - She could come in very handy if someone needs emergency care.

On the other, mind control, puppet creation AND bio magic? I'm gonna have to call the RPG company and tell them to bump up the Porcellain Enchantress to a lv18 encounter.

I just uh, hope I'm not slowly turning into another Aldente now."

Bezel: "I don't think she wants to make competition for herself. I think.

Do you think she could fix Claire's spine?

Well, she has to have known about it. I wonder if she's tried yet, considering her infatuation."

7420-01-21 Friday

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 am

"I had actually thought of that. She can produce an entire new Claire, as we've seen before, so I'd considered using the SBC transfer machine to transfer Claire's mind over.

The thing is... I'm not sure Claire herself would approve of it. She's the kind of person who really values her indepence and skills... I feel she'd rather struggle to stand with her own legs, than just be given someone else's as a gift. Not to mention, I think she's still rather angry at Aldente for mindjacking her.

Though - If bio magic is indeed an option, I think we could at least help her get her sense of touch back. Electricity can drive her muscles like a puppet's strings, but it doesn't help when it comes to feeling what she's doing."

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Probably hasn't. If she needs physical contact, and you can feel it, Claire would definitely notice it happening.
Not to consider how Claire thinks about it. I can't imagine her letting her mindjacker come anywhere near her with a bio-scalpel."

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:06 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Probably hasn't. If she needs physical contact, and you can feel it, Claire would definitely notice it happening.
Not to consider how Claire thinks about it. I can't imagine her letting her mindjacker come anywhere near her with a bio-scalpel."

Bezel: "I would think Aldente could just, temporarily take control of Claire to get her spine fixed, if she really wanted."
7420-01-21 Friday

Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501 ... 567  Next