View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 6291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 420  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
maart3n wrote:
TorrentHKU wrote:
Areku wrote:
>Time to gauge Iiri's interest in me. Choose the prettiest chirop female in sight, approach and smile confidently.

"G'day, miss. Would you be so kind as to point me towards Universal Computations' local office?

>Sneakily watch my batty companion for any changes in demeanour.

> Think of doing this, decide it's completely ridiculous, and just ask the nearest person. Or better yet, ask someone who works at the train station, they're here to help.

Decide to execute the initial plan anyway.

First taking a moment to look around the crowd, you walk over to a cream-colored chirop leaning against a building, newspaper in hand. Bright, golden eyes and a few dark speckles in her fur give her a unique appearance, making her stand out from the ordinary chirop.

"G'day, miss. Would you be so kind as to point me towards Universal Computations' local office?

Subtly watching Iiri from the edge of your vision, you can see her eyes narrow slightly.

Speckled Chirop: "Down this road about five blocks, make a left and you'll see a large warehouse far ahead. That's where their research and manufacturing is, the office building is right next to it."

Iiri walks over and stands by your side. Not too close, but close enough that it's clear she's with you.

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:52 am

Grin a bit, then try to hide it. Head towards that building.

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:19 am

>When she's out of earshot, to Iiri:

"Such a pleasant young lady, don't you think? Oh, I'd forgotten the small pleasures of the shore towns."

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:46 am
Profile WWW

TheMysticDreamer wrote:
Grin a bit, then try to hide it. Head towards that building.

Areku wrote:
>When she's out of earshot, to Iiri:

"Such a pleasant young lady, don't you think? Oh, I'd forgotten the small pleasures of the shore towns."

Iiri: "Yeah, she seemed nice."

There's a flat tone to her voice, though no hint of sarcasm or annoyance.

It's a long, uneventful walk, the two of you silent in the noisy city. Eventually the warehouse comes into view, a large building with a smaller one sitting adjacent to it. The warehouse itself is unmarked but the smaller building has large painted letters reading "Universal Computations".

The glass door is unlocked, and you walk into an empty reception room of sorts. A door leading deeper into the building is at the far end of the room, a receptionist's window to the left of that, and several chairs against the walls of the room.

No one is in sight, but there's one of those desk-bells at the receptionist's window. Seems like what you need to do is obvious, so you give it a ring and wait.

A minute later, the door beside the receptionist's window opens - a spectacled man in office attire is standing there, giving you a curious look.

Man: "Can I help you?"

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:59 am
Loose Canon

"Hi, I'm here for an interview, Raphael Mebbit? I received a letter today but in my haste to get here I uh, may have forgotten it at home."

Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:42 am
Profile WWW

> Murder Iiri, she has been exposed to too much of the ♥♥♥♥ personalities to be allowed to live

Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:44 am
Profile WWW

>Steal a couple of glances at Iiri off the corner of my eye. D-does she seem mad? Disinterested? Hurt? Oh dear oh dear I think I went overboard I must fix this ;-;
Do none of that because Iiri is a big girl and we don't really care if she gets a tiny bit huffy about us asking for directions.

>Steal a couple of glances at Iiri off the corner of my eye. D-does she seem mad? Disinterested? Hurt? Oh dear oh dear I think I went overboard I must fix this ;-;

>Sweat.
Save the sweating for the interview.

>Sweat.

Pls stop changing my post mr skeleton ;_;

Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:28 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:

>Sweat.

You steal a quick glance at Iiri - completely neutral.

Well, that's somewhat comforting, maybe. You withhold your sweat for now.

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hi, I'm here for an interview, Raphael Mebbit? I received a letter today but in my haste to get here I uh, may have forgotten it at home."

Man: "Ah, so you're Mr. Mebbit! I'm Davis, the one who wants to see you is Greg."

Iiri: "I've got something to check out, I'll be back in a bit."

The two of you give a small wave to each other and you follow Davis deeper into the building as Iiri leaves.

A good number of offices and large work rooms, many of them with the doors open where you can see men drawing diagrams on large sheets of paper or chalkboards, discussing with others, or tinkering with wires and electronic components. Seems pretty advanced when the most common electric item you see is the occasional radio.

Davis leads you to an office on the third (and highest) floor, where the a name plate reading "Gregory Walden" is hung on the opened door. Inside is a large, bulky aged man with greying hair and thick spectacles. He's going over several papers on his desk with a stern expression.

Davis: "Hey, Greg, Mr. Mebbit's here for the interview."

The aged man's expression suddenly lights up, becoming enthusiastic.

Gregory: "Ah, good! Please, Mr. Mebbit, have a seat."

You take a seat in front of the desk as Davis leaves.

Gregory: "So! I assume you got our letter! You're a pretty fresh archaeologist, right?"

Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:36 am
Loose Canon

"That I am. To be honest I'm a bit surprised a company like this is interested in an archaeologist."

Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:56 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"That I am. To be honest I'm a bit surprised a company like this is interested in an archaeologist."

Gregory: "It does seem a bit strange. Though, one of our recent projects is a fusion of modern electronics and old construct technology, technology lost to the ages. Our expertise is in electricity, and while we have a few magic experts on hand, they're only versed in modern magic. As skilled as they are, which is extremely, we're missing a great deal of knowledge that we believe was wiped out centuries ago.

That's where you come in. We need someone like you to do the digging around and researching old books and whatnot, looking for lost bits and pieces of magic. Of course, we'll provide you with all the funding you need.

That's the gist of it."

Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:07 am

"May I ask what exactly is this project about? Just... Old constructs, or something more exotic? Alchemy or runes, for example."

Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:50 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"May I ask what exactly is this project about? Just... Old constructs, or something more exotic? Alchemy or runes, for example."

Gregory: "The details are confidential, at least until you're employed, but it's in the exotic area."

Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:57 am

“And pay?"

Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:59 am

TheMysticDreamer wrote:
“And pay?"

Gregory: "We'll be starting you off at twenty-two thousand a year, if it goes well after a few months we might consider bumping it up."

22k marks... That's easily four times what you're currently making, if not more.

Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:02 am

"How about an advance of 2000 marks? You know, to get things going?"
>Try to act charming.

Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 6291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 420  Next