View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 9369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 502, 503, 504, 505, 506, 507, 508 ... 625  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Dot dot dot.

"Welllllll yes. I, might have something to do with that. Uh, maybe we shouldn't talk here. Would you mind accompanying me to Audacity?"

Galena: "Not at all!"

~

Stepping out of the shimmering barrier, you enter the city of Audacity, lively as usual.

Galena: "Do you wanna get a drink at Chornought's bar?"
7420-01-24 Monday

Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:04 am

"Sure! Though I'll probably choose something non-alcoholic, I still have work to do later today."

>Follow!

Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:27 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Sure! Though I'll probably choose something non-alcoholic, I still have work to do later today."

>Follow!

~

Chornought turns around and sets down a pair of glasses on the bar - carbonated orange juice, one for you and one for Galena.

Galena: "Whaddya wanna to talk about?"
7420-01-24 Monday

Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:57 am

"Well, uh, before anything else. About the Masked Militia... It turns out, there's only one other person in there. All the masked women are sort of, extensions, of her body.

She's an acquaintance of mine, called Aldente. Owns the restaurant with the same name, back in town. She's also a thousand-year-old maneating core beast with telepathic abilities that are nothing short of terrifying.

She tried to kill us a few times, but we've managed to get into an agreement of sorts, and she even claims she's stopped eating people. Even then... Don't let your guard down, okay?"

Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:21 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Well, uh, before anything else. About the Masked Militia... It turns out, there's only one other person in there. All the masked women are sort of, extensions, of her body.

She's an acquaintance of mine, called Aldente. Owns the restaurant with the same name, back in town. She's also a thousand-year-old maneating core beast with telepathic abilities that are nothing short of terrifying.

She tried to kill us a few times, but we've managed to get into an agreement of sorts, and she even claims she's stopped eating people. Even then... Don't let your guard down, okay?"

Galena: "What... How did you get into an agreement with a man-eating beast? Isn't that dangerous? What kind of core beast is she?"
7420-01-24 Monday

Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:08 am
Loose Canon

"It's a long story. We fought but made up.
And, an old one. She's cagey about it."

Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:11 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
And, an old one. She's cagey about it, but I found a book that referred to her kind as Porcellain Enchantresses.

She uh, apparently looks like a big ceramic bell with arms. I assume it's more intimidating than it sounds."

Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

TorrentHKU wrote:

Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:05 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:

Galena: "Okay... Soooo, what didya wanna talk about?"
7420-01-24 Monday

Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:17 am

"Oh, right.

So, I've been doing some exploring, and I came about a few pages of an old text, called the Ardour manuscript. It's too damaged to make much sense of it all but Claire (Did I ever tell you about what happened to her? She's a strong girl) believes it's some sort of code related to witches.

Basically, the text is comprised of sixty-four symbols - two to the sixth power, just enough to transmit in six mana lines. The witch cores we've studied all had six-wire bundles going from one component to the other, which made us think there could be some sort of relation. We went inside Ingret (Oh, you have to meet her, by the way! She's very fluffy) to check if there's some sort of, exposed conduit or control panel where we could read some signals and verify our theory, but found nothing of the sort.

Would you know anything about that?"

Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:56 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Oh, right.

So, I've been doing some exploring, and I came about a few pages of an old text, called the Ardour manuscript. It's too damaged to make much sense of it all but Claire (Did I ever tell you about what happened to her? She's a strong girl) believes it's some sort of code related to witches.

Basically, the text is comprised of sixty-four symbols - two to the sixth power, just enough to transmit in six mana lines. The witch cores we've studied all had six-wire bundles going from one component to the other, which made us think there could be some sort of relation. We went inside Ingret (Oh, you have to meet her, by the way! She's very fluffy) to check if there's some sort of, exposed conduit or control panel where we could read some signals and verify our theory, but found nothing of the sort.

Would you know anything about that?"

Galena: "Um, no?"

Chornought: "You might be better off asking our mother."
7420-01-24 Monday

Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:31 am
Loose Canon

"Yeah, figured. That's what I'm really here for. Still actually on the clock.

Out of curiosity, how many people do you get popping a beacon and coming to visit Audacity like this?"

Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:00 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah, figured. That's what I'm really here for. Still actually on the clock.

Out of curiosity, how many people do you get popping a beacon and coming to visit Audacity like this?"

Galena: "Few times a week. Most of the people going' back an' forth travel with a Soundhead so they don't need a beacon."
7420-01-24 Monday

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:46 am
Loose Canon

"Mm, 'kay. I'm glad you guys are pretty chill about transporting people, I'd hate to turn into a bother with turning on a beacon for a taxi."

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:10 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Mm, 'kay. I'm glad you guys are pretty chill about transporting people, I'd hate to turn into a bother with turning on a beacon for a taxi."

Galena: "Less of a taxi for us, more like giving friends a ride. Everyone here who isn't a Soundhead is a friend of a Soundhead, so it's like, one big group of friends!"
7420-01-24 Monday

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 9369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 502, 503, 504, 505, 506, 507, 508 ... 625  Next