View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:20 pm



Reply to topic  [ 8964 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 544, 545, 546, 547, 548, 549, 550 ... 598  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4938
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Makes sense. It IS one of your dreams, after all.


This thing with the vegetable shipping companies - You think it's just coincidence, or is Rafflesia involved as well? Seems, pretty daring for a covert operation, considering we found out about it within a day of coming to the city."


Thu May 16, 2019 2:26 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11600
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Makes sense. It IS one of your dreams, after all.


This thing with the vegetable shipping companies - You think it's just coincidence, or is Rafflesia involved as well? Seems, pretty daring for a covert operation, considering we found out about it within a day of coming to the city."


Bezel: "I have no idea. I think you would have a better guess than the rest of us."
7420-02-27 Sunday


Thu May 16, 2019 2:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4938
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"You know me, I'll probably chalk it up as being schals, heh.

Maybe I should start getting ready for dinner. You think Ellen's expecting something formal, or just a casual meal?"



Thu May 16, 2019 2:48 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Probably schals.
Or Vellum's in cahoots with her.

Gonna go chill for a bit. Today's been a hell of a day."

> Go chill for a bit. Timeskip.


Thu May 16, 2019 3:03 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11600
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Probably schals.
Or Vellum's in cahoots with her.

Gonna go chill for a bit. Today's been a hell of a day."

> Go chill for a bit. Timeskip.


Bezel: "Mm."


~


The next morning, an official from the city's magic academy visits the house, and explains the enrollment process and general schedule.

Two semesters each year, the first spanning from March to June, the second August to November. It's too late to enter into the first-year semester, but there's plenty of time for the second.

Enrollment into the academy in general requires passing a series of entrance exams.

Tuition can be handled with a student loan, but student loans require a recommendation from academic officials, state officials, or a scheduled assessment by an academic official. The appointments for the screening process have to be made two years in advance due to the backlog of applicants.



After all of the explanations and providing several informative papers, the academic official leaves.


The expedition team takes a seat in the living room, letting the information process.


Bezel: "I missed the part where we get witch core information."

Evelyn: "Same."

Valerie: "Maybe it's an academic course?"

Bezel: "Maybe."

Oliver: "Sounds like a lotta work. Got a feelin' there's a reason it's not somethin' they'd just pass around. Make sure it ain't gonna be used against them, or somethin'. The whole, academy, thing, gives us what we need to apply that info, but also lets them monitor us and our intentions."
7420-02-28 Monday


Thu May 16, 2019 3:34 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Might be waiting to actually offer any witch core info until the hooks are in with the academy. 'Well now that we have you right where we want you, let's talk about that thing you wanted.'
I can see it being dangerous info though. I mean look what real decompressing cores do. A student monkeying around with that could smash a whole wing of the academy on accident. Or worse.

2 year waiting list on the loan assessments though, jeez. I mean, UC can probably cover that if it really comes to it, but...
Do we have anyone giving us a recommendation on the loans?"


Thu May 16, 2019 3:42 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11600
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Might be waiting to actually offer any witch core info until the hooks are in with the academy. 'Well now that we have you right where we want you, let's talk about that thing you wanted.'
I can see it being dangerous info though. I mean look what real decompressing cores do. A student monkeying around with that could smash a whole wing of the academy on accident. Or worse.

2 year waiting list on the loan assessments though, jeez. I mean, UC can probably cover that if it really comes to it, but...
Do we have anyone giving us a recommendation on the loans?"


Bezel: "Not that I know of.

I'm not too sure how well UC paying for tuition would work, with Vellum's economy separated from eastern Siana."


Valerie: "Hopefully we receive news of some way of moving forward in the coming days."

Oliver: "Are we still lookin' into the Garden Boat lead?"
7420-02-28 Monday


Thu May 16, 2019 4:38 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah. We've got time to spend, and Rafflesia isn't going to find herself.
Yesterday was just, crazy. We can start proper investigation today, and hope no more long lost relatives show up."


Thu May 16, 2019 4:53 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11600
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah. We've got time to spend, and Rafflesia isn't going to find herself.
Yesterday was just, crazy. We can start proper investigation today, and hope no more long lost relatives show up."


Oliver: "Aight."

Valerie: "Evelyn and I will join in, too. No telling what you might run into investigating this sort of thing."

Bezel: "I'm going to see if I can find out what's on the entrance exams. Pretty far down the road, but studying takes time."

You nod. Looks like it'll be up to you and the expedition to investigate the Garden Boat mystery.
7420-02-28 Monday


Thu May 16, 2019 5:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11600
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are Isabelle Opal, known as Bezel to most.

Ralph and his expedition team leave the house, and you pick up the academy papers off of the coffee table, flipping through for something that might point where you can find the content of the entrance exams.

Brochures, student housing, loans, an envelope, application forms...

Wait - an envelope?

Putting the other items down, you look over the sealed plain envelope, with only Isabelle written on the front.



Carefully undoing the glued seal, you pull out the folded piece of paper inside and read it.


Isabelle
Please meet me at the Puzzle Park, near the northeast side of the city, at 3PM



That's it.

It's a little past noon right now, and will take some time to find and get to this, Puzzle Park...


Ralph will take a while with his investigating, but you can manage this on your own.

[Get going]
[Other]

7420-02-28 Monday
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Sun May 26, 2019 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu May 16, 2019 5:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4938
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>...last time we left on our own, it took literal divine intervention to keep people from shooting us. We, should probably exercise a bit of caution.

>Do we recognise the handwriting?


Thu May 16, 2019 5:14 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11600
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You don't recognize this handwriting at all, but it's quite neat.

7420-02-28 Monday
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Fri May 17, 2019 12:48 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Figured.
Well. I really doubt anyone will try something in Kamilla's city.
Let's go then.


Fri May 17, 2019 1:04 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11600
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Figured.
Well. I really doubt anyone will try something in Kamilla's city.
Let's go then.


Stowing the letter in your pocket, you leave the house and grab the nearest taxi.


~


A large slightly hilly area with neatly trimmed grass, several gardens and groves of trees, and an array of massive geometric sculptures, several of them freely pivoting and spinning on joints, others static displays of machine-like structures.

2:35pm

A bit early, you suppose, but you walk around the park, searching for someone who might be waiting for you, though there doesn't appear to be a soul in sight.


As you round another sculpture, you halt as you see a woman in your path, lying in the shade of the structure with a sunhat over her face.

She has a simple yellow blouse and khaki slacks, deathly pale skin, and a silvery cuff bracelet on her left wrist.


There's no one else here, so you suppose this is the person you're meant to meet. It seems like she's sleeping, though...

[Sit nearby and wait]
[Say something]
[Other]
7420-02-28 Monday
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Fri May 17, 2019 1:41 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> I am early after all.
Walk around a bit and enjoy the park.


Fri May 17, 2019 1:44 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8964 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 544, 545, 546, 547, 548, 549, 550 ... 598  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.024s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]