Data Realms Fan Forums
http://forums.datarealms.com/

World Reader
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=46097
Page 549 of 578

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Mon May 20, 2019 3:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"Hm.
Aside from breaking and entering, or following it out to sea... I don't feel like there's much we can glean from out here. Maybe look at wear patterns on the boat and compare when it next swaps?
...unless... Hrm.

I, do have an idea. It's back inside Ingret though."

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Tue May 21, 2019 12:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm.
Aside from breaking and entering, or following it out to sea... I don't feel like there's much we can glean from out here. Maybe look at wear patterns on the boat and compare when it next swaps?
...unless... Hrm.

I, do have an idea. It's back inside Ingret though."


Oliver: "We headin' back t'Ingret then?"


[To Ingret!]
[Other]
7420-02-28 Monday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Tue May 21, 2019 12:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"Yeah. I think it's a good shot, let's go."
> Ingress Ingret.

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Tue May 21, 2019 12:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah. I think it's a good shot, let's go."
> Ingress Ingret.


~

Back inside Ingret, your team gathers around the meeting table, waiting.


7420-02-28 Monday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Tue May 21, 2019 1:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"Alright... where to begin...
So I lied a bit, there isn't 'something' back here in Ingret, rather this is the only place I feel safe talking about it.

So. When we first arrived, and I got mugged... that wasn't quite me getting mugged.
Some, stuff happened. I met Rafflesia. She stuck me with some weird magic. It lets me view things remotely, and through walls, HM, corruption, etc.

Didn't really get a chance to talk about the manuscript. Sure as hell wouldn't mind having more information about her.
Now Rafflesia has a job for me. Or rather, foisted a job on me, along with the magic. Bright side, the magic's perfect for snooping around on the boats unseen, and learning more about Rafflesia."

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Tue May 21, 2019 1:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Alright... where to begin...
So I lied a bit, there isn't 'something' back here in Ingret, rather this is the only place I feel safe talking about it.

So. When we first arrived, and I got mugged... that wasn't quite me getting mugged.
Some, stuff happened. I met Rafflesia. She stuck me with some weird magic. It lets me view things remotely, and through walls, HM, corruption, etc.

Didn't really get a chance to talk about the manuscript. Sure as hell wouldn't mind having more information about her.
Now Rafflesia has a job for me. Or rather, foisted a job on me, along with the magic. Bright side, the magic's perfect for snooping around on the boats unseen, and learning more about Rafflesia."


The team is silent, taking a few seconds to process the information.



Valerie: "So. What job did Rafflesia give you?"
7420-02-28 Monday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Tue May 21, 2019 2:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"Well...
The problem is, if I tell you, you may get wrapped up into it. And I don't want to get you three wrapped up into it if I can help it.
It's big, and it's covert, and it might get me in a heap of trouble. This magic gives me a major edge, but it's still daunting.

Do you still want to know?"

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Tue May 21, 2019 2:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Well...
The problem is, if I tell you, you may get wrapped up into it. And I don't want to get you three wrapped up into it if I can help it.
It's big, and it's covert, and it might get me in a heap of trouble. This magic gives me a major edge, but it's still daunting.

Do you still want to know?"



Valerie: "No, I don't think so."

Oliver: "Yeah, think it's a 'no' here too."



Evelyn seems to take a while to think, until almost a full minute later she looks at you with determined interest.

Evelyn: "I want to know."
7420-02-28 Monday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Tue May 21, 2019 2:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"Alright.
Valerie, Oliver, can we have a bit alone?"
> Once they leave.
"Alright. To put it bluntly, she wants me to steal a document from the Second.
There's only one copy of the document, and she doesn't want anyone learning what's on it. If that's in jeopardy, it's better off burned.
That's the job."

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Tue May 21, 2019 2:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Alright.
Valerie, Oliver, can we have a bit alone?"
> Once they leave.


Valerie and Oliver get up from the table and exit the building, leaving you and Evelyn alone.

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Alright. To put it bluntly, she wants me to steal a document from the Second.
There's only one copy of the document, and she doesn't want anyone learning what's on it. If that's in jeopardy, it's better off burned.
That's the job."


Evelyn: "What's the document?"
7420-02-28 Monday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Tue May 21, 2019 3:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"I want to just say 'witch heresy bull♥♥♥♥ or something, she didn't tell me'. But then I'd be lying.
In short? Dangerous information that the Second doesn't realize it has. Even me knowing its nature puts a target on my back.
What I've shared with you guys so far has been uncomfortable but not bad, what I've told you alone is not something you want to know, and what you're asking to know now would make you a target too."

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Tue May 21, 2019 3:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I want to just say 'witch heresy bull♥♥♥♥ or something, she didn't tell me'. But then I'd be lying.
In short? Dangerous information that the Second doesn't realize it has. Even me knowing its nature puts a target on my back.
What I've shared with you guys so far has been uncomfortable but not bad, what I've told you alone is not something you want to know, and what you're asking to know now would make you a target too."


Evelyn: "This is the kind of stuff I joined the expedition team for.


I want to know, all of it."

7420-02-28 Monday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Tue May 21, 2019 3:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

> Deep inhale.
Deep exhale.

"Last chance.




Infidium. The document has the location of Infidium, aka Saint Ardour, the first witch. She is still alive, and trapped somewhere.
I hope you have a mental vault."

Author:  CaveCricket48 [ Tue May 21, 2019 3:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Deep inhale.
Deep exhale.

"Last chance.




Infidium. The document has the location of Infidium, aka Saint Ardour, the first witch. She is still alive, and trapped somewhere."




She pauses here, thinking, and a bit confused.



Evelyn: "... Is the first witch actually Infidi? Is that just a name, or is Infidi real?"
7420-02-28 Monday

Author:  TorrentHKU [ Tue May 21, 2019 3:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: World Reader

"I don't know. I'm not tremendously familiar with the scripture, and I wasn't there for any of it all those years ago.
Rafflesia didn't outright say it, but she also didn't contradict me when I did. Apparently there are enough similarities between the two to make it more than coincidence. She mentioned an 'Old Canon' that featured her heavily, and has since been wiped from the world."

Page 549 of 578 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/