View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 551, 552, 553, 554, 555, 556, 557 ... 568  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah, doesn't make sense to dig in for a bit just to leave again."

Mon May 27, 2019 1:29 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah, doesn't make sense to dig in for a bit just to leave again."

Bezel: "Mm.

Ellen should be here soon, guess we'd better get ready."

[Timeskip!]
[Other]
7420-02-28 Monday

Mon May 27, 2019 1:45 am
Loose Canon

> Timeskip to... hm. Ellen arrival?

Mon May 27, 2019 1:48 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Timeskip to... hm. Ellen arrival?

~

At 7pm sharp, you hear knocking on the front door.

Valerie heads over to answer it, revealing Ellen as expected. She has a short green sleeveless dress and black leggings.

Ellen: "Seven o'clock! Ready for dinner?"

Valerie: "I think so."

As everyone exits the house, Ellen stops Bezel to give her a hug.

Ellen: "Do you still dress like this?"

Bezel grumbles a bit - she has a long sleeved white button-down shirt over a blue undershirt, and black office pants. Not too different from her normal work clothes.

Bezel: "I didn't pack anything fancy, mostly just work clothes."

Everyone piles into an 8-seater shuttle taxi and heads off to the docks, with Ellen filling the travel time with talk about the spots of interest in the city.

Ellen: "Have any of you visited the Pillar yet?"

The Pillar - the massive tower in the heart of the city, only a couple centuries younger than the Second of Caelum itself.

Bezel: "No. We'll be leaving soon to get back to Darson, but we'll be coming back here soon after, probably do a lot more sight-seeing then."

Ellen: "It's like a giant all-in-one building. Church at the base, gardens higher up, courts above that up, government offices even higher, then more gardens, and then the living quarters of the Daughters of Caelus at the top. The internal structure was made by Kamilla herself, which is why it can be that tall.

The upper levels are off-limits to visitors, but the church, lower gardens, and courts are public."

[Write-in]
[Keep listening]
7420-02-28 Monday

Mon May 27, 2019 2:38 am
Loose Canon

"Daughters plural?"

Mon May 27, 2019 2:42 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Daughters plural?"

Ellen: "Well, two of the three living areas are unused, but they're there. I don't believe Kamilla uses hers these days, actually."

7420-02-28 Monday

Mon May 27, 2019 2:51 am

"...Yeah, I imagine the fear aura would make it hard to go up and down the public areas to move around.

Speaking of that - Do you know, exactly, what that is? I don't think I'd read about her being... Spooky, in that sense."

Mon May 27, 2019 3:18 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"...Yeah, I imagine the fear aura would make it hard to go up and down the public areas to move around.

Speaking of that - Do you know, exactly, what that is? I don't think I'd read about her being... Spooky, in that sense."

Ellen: "The bounds of her spirit are massive, covering a small block instead of just her body like normal people. The feeling her aura inflicts depends on her mood, it tends to be fear-inducing when she's acting as a public figure. I don't think she intentionally tries to scare people, but she has to appear like an authority, and her aura I guess adapts that as, oppressive?

The worst is when she's fighting. There've been a few assassination attempts on Kamilla that have all horribly failed, as you can imagine. I was near her when one occurred, and the aura was, truly awful.

Her aura is the nicest when she's making constructs, or relaxing, and the feeling it impresses is closer to what she's feeling at the moment.

She has this bracelet that she uses to suppress the aura, but it breaks if she tries to use her magic before deactivating it."

7420-02-28 Monday

Mon May 27, 2019 3:31 am

"A small block.

...Sugoi dekai.

Speaking of that! I'm, not sure if Bezel told you already, but Kamilla herself decided to sponsor her entry in the constructor school. Your little cousin is making it big!"

Mon May 27, 2019 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"A small block.
Jeez. Yeah that'd probably do it.

Guess I'll take the fear thing if it meant saving you guys."

Mon May 27, 2019 8:00 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"A small block.
Jeez. Yeah that'd probably do it.

Guess I'll take the fear thing if it meant saving you guys."

Ellen: "Next best thing to visit after the Pillar is the Armory Museum, an old armory and barracks converted into a museum for construct weapons and armor.

And then there's the Tasche museum, a smaller one, run by the family who make dark-magic-based space compression constructs, right next to their shop.

The Gria museum is even smaller and not very popular, but it has a lot of artifacts and exhibits about the western, central, and eastern Gria, gunsmithing and weird HM plant molding."

7420-02-28 Monday

Mon May 27, 2019 8:42 pm

"Gria? I'm not sure I recognise that name. Is it a region close to here?"

Mon May 27, 2019 9:04 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Gria? I'm not sure I recognise that name. Is it a region close to here?"

Ellen: "Not a region necessarily, a people. They're chirop who inhabit the western, southern, and eastern borders of the Corruption zone. The Daeli Empire didn't spread any information on them because the Gria were one of the few groups the Daeli weren't able to suppress.

They don't have any constructors, but they make loads of stuff by putting an HM fruit into a mold, growing it until it takes shape, and then cutting it off from the stem to stop its growth. They use HM fruits for bullets, and were the first to use corruption-emitting bullets to get through magic defenses.

They more or less invented the firearm, though it was the Third that was responsible for applying modern manufacturing methods to it.

The western Gria have close relations with the First, they were allies in almost all of the early wars between the First and Second. The southern and eastern have always been hostile to the Second due to the invasion attempts by the Daeli, but after the Daeli Empire fell they mostly just hate the UEN now. The Third promised land and other things to the Gria for their help in the Caelum-Daeli war, but when the war ended the majority of the Third turned into the UEN, and those promises never went through."

7420-02-28 Monday

Mon May 27, 2019 9:17 pm

"Oh man, that sounds really neat. I love chirop culture!

In fact, all of those sound great. It's good to see antiquities are respected in this nation."

Mon May 27, 2019 11:30 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Oh man, that sounds really neat. I love chirop culture!

In fact, all of those sound great. It's good to see antiquities are respected in this nation."

Ellen: "Only since the fall of the Daeli Empire, really. Kamilla has brought a lot of changes to the Second, that not a lot of officials of the Second agree with. The Daeli Empire was the ruling body of the Second for so long that some people kinda forgot that Kamilla has exercised absolute authority before, purging entire Overseer offices that she thought were counterproductive to the foundations of the Second.

A few of the assassination attempts on Kamilla were some misled citizens, but most were planned by former officials of the Second that want to rebuild the ruling hierarchy set by the Daeli Empire.

I don't know how they forget they're literally trying to kill their own warrior-god."

7420-02-28 Monday

Tue May 28, 2019 12:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 8514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 551, 552, 553, 554, 555, 556, 557 ... 568  Next