View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:49 am



Reply to topic  [ 8952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579 ... 597  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11587
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Stay here for now. If someone casts a big light in the air, rush in and look dangerous."
> Hm. Before we go, are there any of the monkeys like, within direct line of sight of us? Like that first one we saw?


Ingret: "Okay."

Scanning around with Observer, you only find one monkey within direct line of sight - the one that was originally watching you from a hole in a wall, and still is, located in the building ahead.

The building is mostly offices with several examination rooms, and a few staircases leading to the underground research complex. It's the building you originally explored, if you remember correctly.

Only one monkey is in the building, though two were underground last you checked - no idea where they are now.

7420-03-07 Wednesday


Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:45 am
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Ingret, without making it obvious you're looking at it, look at the monkey out in the open over there."
> Describe the spot.
"Can you see it? Maybe on other wavelengths?"


Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:47 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11587
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Ingret, without making it obvious you're looking at it, look at the monkey out in the open over there."
> Describe the spot.


You describe the spot to her, and she doesn't seem to move at all.

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Can you see it? Maybe on other wavelengths?"


Ingret: "I can see it. Its eyes give it away."
7420-03-07 Wednesday


Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:55 am
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Alright, good. That's what to look for."
> Move up for Evelyn.


Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:59 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11587
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Alright, good. That's what to look for."
> Move up for Evelyn.


You and your team move up towards the nearest building while Ingret remains behind.

As you approach, you keep Observer on the monkey, the creature remaining perfectly still as the distance closes. Once you reach the entrance of the building, it's roughly 20 meters away, on the second level.

Evelyn: "How far away is the creature?"
7420-03-07 Wednesday


Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4936
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Twenty meters, to your (INSERT DIRECTION HERE). It's on the second level, still looking at us."


Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:19 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11587
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Twenty meters, to your (INSERT DIRECTION HERE). It's on the second level, still looking at us."


Evelyn: "I don't sense anything magic..."
7420-03-07 Wednesday


Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4936
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Do you think it could be affecting your telepathy, maybe? Or, if it really is spiritless-

Actually, there's an easy way to check. Frederick, can you reach it with kinetics? If there's no spirit, we can restrain it that way, or kill it if needs be."


Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:52 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11587
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Do you think it could be affecting your telepathy, maybe? Or, if it really is spiritless-

Actually, there's an easy way to check. Frederick, can you reach it with kinetics? If there's no spirit, we can restrain it that way, or kill it if needs be."


Evelyn: "It's not traditional telepathy, so it wouldn't be disrupted by the normal anti-telapthy methods."


Frederick: "I can reach it, but it'll be more of blowing it up than restraining. That is, assuming I can actually see it."

The creature isn't within line of sight of your team at the moment.
7420-03-07 Wednesday


Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:02 am
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hm. One last thing to check before that."
> OBSERVE our brain, see if we can figure out the SBC bit. There should've been SOMETHING in aldente's literature, and the dead bodies.
Try not to get too weirded out.
Then observe the monkey's brain, look for something similar.


Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:14 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11587
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. One last thing to check before that."
> OBSERVE our brain, see if we can figure out the SBC bit. There should've been SOMETHING in aldente's literature, and the dead bodies.
Try not to get too weirded out.
Then observe the monkey's brain, look for something similar.


You use Observer on your own brain, and quickly find a node-thing that seems to resemble your memory of the SBCs drawn in Aldente's book.

Going back to the creature, you look around its brain, and don't find any similar structure.
7420-03-07 Wednesday


Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:27 am
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Ok yeah, it doesn't have an SBC either. Pretty sure these are spirit-less.
No need to eliminate it and tip our hand quite yet. They seem to be very stealth oriented, so I think they don't dare make a move out in the open."


Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:47 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11587
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Ok yeah, it doesn't have an SBC either. Pretty sure these are spirit-less.
No need to eliminate it and tip our hand quite yet. They seem to be very stealth oriented, so I think they don't dare make a move out in the open."


Frederick: "Should we head on in, then?"
7420-03-07 Wednesday


Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:33 am
Profile
Online
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hm. Yeah, let's do that now before they have time to set traps.
I'll keep an eye out for traps and try to scan rooms around us. It'll take most of my attention, so keep aware.
If you see anything out of the corner of your eye or get a weird feeling, point it out and I'll check. It's probably one of these stealth monkeys."
> Move in. Let's go for some target somewhat near the entrance if we can.
Keep an eye on adjacent rooms with Observer, and check the doorways and floors for traps before we enter each room.


Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11587
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. Yeah, let's do that now before they have time to set traps.
I'll keep an eye out for traps and try to scan rooms around us. It'll take most of my attention, so keep aware.
If you see anything out of the corner of your eye or get a weird feeling, point it out and I'll check. It's probably one of these stealth monkeys."
> Move in. Let's go for some target somewhat near the entrance if we can.
Keep an eye on adjacent rooms with Observer, and check the doorways and floors for traps before we enter each room.


Frederick: "Roger."

After Frederick opens the door and everyone carefully steps inside.

Frederick takes the front, Valerie rear, and Oliver and Evelyn sticking close to you in the middle. The lights in your suits illuminate the dark halls, and you vocally guide the team towards important-looking room - an archive of some sort.

As your team makes its way to the target, you look through Observer and find that there are more of the monkeys, at least seven more suddenly moving around different parts of the building, several carrying bags or backpacks. None of them are close to line-of-sight yet, but you can see the first monkey is silently following your movement on the floor above, somehow tracking you through the walls.

[Continue to the Archives]
[Other]
7420-03-07 Wednesday


Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:19 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579 ... 597  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CrazyMLC, TorrentHKU


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.066s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]