View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 11651 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605, 606 ... 777  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
“So - As I'm sure you already know, after the success of our previous foray, you’re now an official member of the expedition team. That means I get to fill you in on some details, about the long-term objectives of our efforts.

Ultimately, we're looking for ancient technologies that could be used by UC to estabilish long-range communication systems. Of course, if we can help maintain the stability of the continent while doing so, that's a nice bonus.

We've had some successes in the past - The facility in Ossolen is currently researching some mana-carrying spirit magic we found about, though it's still on an early stage.

We're currently following another lead, however. Some witches, seem to have the capacity to use space compression magic for more than just moving things in and out of their cores, instead being able to connect telepathically with people over extreme distances and transport small objects near instantaneously. That is the original reason we decided to hunt for laserbird cores and ended up hatching Ingret, you see.

Now we have a contact in Vellum, that seems to know more about that. She's an early generation Witch, goes by Rafflesia, and she's demonstrated her ability by kidnapping me out of thin air when the team first arrived in Vellum on our first visit. She also runs some sort of, produce company, that doesn't actually seem to source the produce from anywhere. Possibly she grows and provides the products herself, for what reason Caelus only knows.

The ability I mentioned I had, the scouting magic Observer, was actually 'taught' by her. Well, less taught, and more 'forcibly implanted into me'. We're hoping that we can negotiate with her to obtain more information on how it actually works."

Frederick: "Hrm. That's quite a chunk of information.

So, our primary lead to Rafflesia is this produce company?"

7420-03-14 Wednesday

Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:14 am
Loose Canon

"For now, yes.
The meeting with Rafflesia and origin of Observer are, best left under wraps. The rest of the team knows, so feel free to discuss with them, but I'd like it to not spread beyond that. That's not including Lewis, of course.
Hearing someone was gifted by a witch in the middle of the holy land is the kind of thing that would you get burned at the stake way back in the day. We're more civilized now, but still."

Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:22 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"For now, yes.
The meeting with Rafflesia and origin of Observer are, best left under wraps. The rest of the team knows, so feel free to discuss with them, but I'd like it to not spread beyond that. That's not including Lewis, of course.
Hearing someone was gifted by a witch in the middle of the holy land is the kind of thing that would you get burned at the stake way back in the day. We're more civilized now, but still."

Frederick: "Understood."

That seems to be that for Frederick.

[Evelyn time]
[Other]
7420-03-14 Wednesday

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:16 am
Loose Canon

> Evelyn time!

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:10 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Evelyn time!

After walking Frederick back to the Expedition team's building and retrieving Evelyn, you sit back down with your anti-mage.

She has an intense demeanor, reminding you of when you first told her about the task to steal the document for Rafflesia.
7420-03-14 Wednesday

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:35 pm
Loose Canon

"Don't freak out now."
> Place egg in front of us on the table. Observe in, and form the body.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:37 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Don't freak out now."
> Place egg in front of us on the table. Observe in, and form the body.

Setting the core on the table, you Observe in and activate the body.

Opening your eyes as Aphelia, you see a mortified Evelyn in front of you, leaning back in her seat.

Bezel, still lounging around nearby, continues to flip through her packet of papers.
7420-03-14 Wednesday

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:00 am
Loose Canon

"I come in peace, earthling."

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:03 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I come in peace, earthling."

Evelyn: "... Earthling?"

7420-03-14 Wednesday

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:34 pm
Loose Canon

"Heh. Nothing.
So yeah, I can do this. Or rather, have this. Rafflesia dropped it on my nightstand overnight while we were at the UEN ruins.
The body can form and dissipate at will, just leaving a little discrete core behind.
I can control it with Observer, and so far I've figured out how to take things in and out of the core, and do this."
> Make some sand hands.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:42 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Heh. Nothing.
So yeah, I can do this. Or rather, have this. Rafflesia dropped it on my nightstand overnight while we were at the UEN ruins.
The body can form and dissipate at will, just leaving a little discrete core behind.
I can control it with Observer, and so far I've figured out how to take things in and out of the core, and do this."
> Make some sand hands.

Evelyn: "Oh, so you can remote control the witch...

Does she do anything if you're not controlling her?"

7420-03-14 Wednesday

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:24 pm
Loose Canon

"Nope, just empty. I don't think she even has a mind.
Though she may have contacted me last night to tell me I left a biscuit in her. Maybe. Not sure yet.
I'm calling her Aphelia for now."

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:29 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Nope, just empty. I don't think she even has a mind.
Though she may have contacted me last night to tell me I left a biscuit in her. Maybe. Not sure yet.
I'm calling her Aphelia for now."

Evelyn: "A biscuit... Oh, you can move things into her core.

Hm.

That would be useful for, like, stealing stuff."

7420-03-14 Wednesday

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:45 pm
Loose Canon

"Indeed. Or more practical storage. I can take things in and out even without forming the body, though it makes me pass out for a second right now. Hoping I can improve on that."

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:48 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Indeed. Or more practical storage. I can take things in and out even without forming the body, though it makes me pass out for a second right now. Hoping I can improve on that."

Evelyn: "Do you have to eat things like Ingret?"
7420-03-14 Wednesday

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11651 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605, 606 ... 777  Next