View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:09 pm



Reply to topic  [ 9173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 602, 603, 604, 605, 606, 607, 608 ... 612  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11728
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
”Oh, okay. Ingret, would that be okay with you?”

>If yes, acquire luggage, get going to our provisional residence!


Ingret: "Yes. I like being outside too."


While Ellen gives Lewis directions to the Whitehawk offices, you and your team gather your luggage before you're soon in taxis yourself, taking a quick minute or so ride to a nearby condo.

It's a wide, two-story symmetrical building with a walkway through the center, main entry doors on each side of the 'hall', and a ceiling overtop formed by the second floor. It looks almost like two separate buildings that have the second floor overhanging the main entrance, and then the buildings were merged at the front.

Ellen: "Two condo partitions, each one has four bedrooms. The left one has me and my roommate, and the right one is all empty."

Ellen unlocks the door to the left and walks inside, you and Bezel the first to follow her and step into a living room space.

A wide shelf with a radio and a variety of books, a coffee table covered in papers and cups of tea, and a couch.

On the couch is a young woman with messy shoulder length black hair, lying on her back and presumably sleeping. She still has glasses on her face, the lenses looking quite smudged even from a distance, and dark shadows are blotted underneath her closed eyes.

Ellen: "Violet, new room mates!"

The woman on the couch sluggishly opens her eyes, glances at the new faces, and then grabs a pillow and rests it over her face.

Ellen: "Don't worry about her, she's just tired. Go pick your rooms!"

Hm.

There are six rooms free, and conveniently six people in your group! Just need to decide which two people will share the condo with Ellen and Violet.
7420-03-14 Wednesday


Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:19 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hm. Bezel and... Evelyn? With Ellen and Violet, and everyone else in the other condo?"


Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11728
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. Bezel and... Evelyn? With Ellen and Violet, and everyone else in the other condo?"


Bezel: "Sounds good to me."

Evelyn: "I'm okay with that."

The rest of the expedition team seems to be in agreement as well.

~

It isn't long before everyone has moved into their rooms and settled in.

While the condos are disconnected at the first floor, the second floor, which has bathrooms, bedrooms, and a common room, is conjoined and has a double-door linking both common rooms together. Convenient for both parties to hang out in the same space!


Everyone seems to be hanging out in their own rooms right now, though you assume Bezel and Ellen are together somewhere.

Maybe you can talk to someone now? You should probably figure out the plan for searching for the declaration, and how you're going to tackle The Garden Boat deal - that produce company with the weirdness of the Rose and Marigold ships.
7420-03-14 Wednesday


Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4990
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Hmmmm. Before, actually talking, maybe it's a good idea to do a bit of scouting ourselves.

>Sit down on bed, focus. Try and do Observer hops out to the harbor. Is the boat still where we expect it to be?


Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11728
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Hmmmm. Before, actually talking, maybe it's a good idea to do a bit of scouting ourselves.

>Sit down on bed, focus. Try and do Observer hops out to the harbor. Is the boat still where we expect it to be?


Sitting down on your bed, you activate Observer and hop through the city, making your way to the harbor. After a bit of searching, you locate the boat under the guise of the Marigold.
7420-03-14 Wednesday


Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4990
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>If the boat itself offered no clues, how about its crew? Look for a crew ledger in the boat itself, or, failing that, in the dock authority building. Find the names of the captain and other officers - Even if the boat doesn't go far, they'd need someone to drive it to where they're doing the vegetable yoink. They must see it happen, or at least know the ploy.


Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:51 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>If the boat itself offered no clues, how about its crew? Look for a crew ledger in the boat itself, or, failing that, in the dock authority building. Find the names of the captain and other officers - Even if the boat doesn't go far, they'd need someone to drive it to where they're doing the vegetable yoink. They must see it happen, or at least know the ploy.

> Don't spend too long though, this isn't gonna be our job, it'll be the team's. We should still pitch in but our primary goal is the declaration, the veggie boats are kinda a smokescreen. If we can get a lead to send the team on for now, then that's perfect.


Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11728
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
Areku wrote:
>If the boat itself offered no clues, how about its crew? Look for a crew ledger in the boat itself, or, failing that, in the dock authority building. Find the names of the captain and other officers - Even if the boat doesn't go far, they'd need someone to drive it to where they're doing the vegetable yoink. They must see it happen, or at least know the ploy.

> Don't spend too long though, this isn't gonna be our job, it'll be the team's. We should still pitch in but our primary goal is the declaration, the veggie boats are kinda a smokescreen. If we can get a lead to send the team on for now, then that's perfect.


Searching the ship, you don't find any documents on board besides sea charts. Not too useful - they don't even show the route that the ship takes.

As for a dock authority building - you don't know where it might be along the docks, or what it even looks like. Might take some time to search for it, a task to assign the expedition team perhaps.
7420-03-14 Wednesday


Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4990
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>A good idea! Let’s go meet up with them, give them a task while we focus on Rafflesia’s mission.


Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:18 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11728
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>A good idea! Let’s go meet up with them, give them a task while we focus on Rafflesia’s mission.


Gathering up the expedition team, you all crowd into your room, hopefully well enough away so Ellen and Violet don't hear you.
7420-03-14 Wednesday


Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4990
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
”Alright, team. I took advantage of our brief break to scout the garden boat situation a bit. The ship is still in the port, empty as last time. We can’t be sure of when they’re going to make a delivery, so let’s look for other angles of attack.

I’m thinking of searching for more information on who’s running the ship - the port authority must have some sort of crew manifest we can look at. I was thinking of having you head over to the docks and inquire about it, while I focus on scouring the city from above, looking for anything unusual.”


Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:18 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11728
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
”Alright, team. I took advantage of our brief break to scout the garden boat situation a bit. The ship is still in the port, empty as last time. We can’t be sure of when they’re going to make a delivery, so let’s look for other angles of attack.

I’m thinking of searching for more information on who’s running the ship - the port authority must have some sort of crew manifest we can look at. I was thinking of having you head over to the docks and inquire about it, while I focus on scouring the city from above, looking for anything unusual.”


Oliver nods.

Oliver: "Sounds good to me. We can check it out first thing in the mornin', I think most places related to the dock open just before the sun's up."
7420-03-14 Wednesday


Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4990
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
”Alright!

Well, we’re otherwise free for tonight, so rest up and prepare. I’ll be doing some Observing, hit the ground running and so forth.”

>If no one needs anything else, retire to room to Observe. Think of what we know about CASTEllum - where would the Second keep its valuable tomes? The constructor school, perhaps? Or, the Tower itself. Could be a good idea to give those a scan for libraries and archives.


Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:43 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11728
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
”Alright!

Well, we’re otherwise free for tonight, so rest up and prepare. I’ll be doing some Observing, hit the ground running and so forth.”

>If no one needs anything else, retire to room to Observe. Think of what we know about CASTEllum - where would the Second keep its valuable tomes? The constructor school, perhaps? Or, the Tower itself. Could be a good idea to give those a scan for libraries and archives.


Everyone else leaves, and you're alone in your room again.

Closing the door, you lie down in bed and think.

You don't know a whole lot about Castellum other than what you've learned from being here.

According to Ellen, the Pillar's base is a massive church, gardens above that, then courts, government offices, more gardens, and then living quarters at the top. She didn't mention anything about archives, so maybe not a likely place if it's lacking in historical paperwork.

The magic academy you know even less about.


[Observer to (Write in)]
[Timeskip to tomorrow]
7420-03-14 Wednesday


Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:24 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Well, objective one is to find a map I guess. The offices in the Pillar might have that, especially of any government facilities like archives.


Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 602, 603, 604, 605, 606, 607, 608 ... 612  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.024s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]